PDA

View Full Version : Inventory screen backround specifically behind the text.

crasher
04-13-2017, 01:56 AM
The swirly background on the sides is fine, I have always liked it, and it's a signature of DEFI by now.
But:

Whereas: The Salvage Matrix list of inventory is easy to read because it has a nice solid dark background directly behind the actual (helpfully colorcoded) text area,

The inventory list screen is a real PITA to read because the cool looking and helpfully colorcoded text shows up poorly against the lighter colored background behind the Inventory list.

How'se about some nice Dev possibly taking a look at this with a thought to making the inventory list have a similar contrast?

I understand using a different color than the Salvage Matrix might make it easier to validate that one is actually on the Inventory screen rather than the Salvage screen.... so.....?

Can I get an 'Amen' from some of the Brothers/Sisters who might not have the eyes of youth on our side at this point in time?

Bentu
04-13-2017, 02:13 AM
I agree as I have to use the salvage matrix inventory screen to view the weapons.

This is more than likely why I crit so often while trying to manage my inventory, while they're at it would be useful to be able to see what mods you've got while in the inventory screen rather than just weapons.

Light Energy
04-13-2017, 06:40 AM
Can I get an 'Amen' from some of the Brothers/Sisters who might not have the eyes of youth on our side at this point in time?
Amen. Not because I'm a bit long in the tooth :), but because the Inventory and Claims (especially with blue and green items) fails a basic readability test. I'm sure it would not do well with various contrast ratio tests/checks etc:
http://webaim.org/blog/wcag-2-0-and-link-colors/
https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/text-customization/r11
http://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

I'd quite like the option in settings to disable all the constantly moving swirls and lines, at least behind the inventory, claims etc. and have it replaced by a solid dark background. I've already reduced the graphics settings to 'low' to try and improve performance. Disabling the visual animation should be relatively simple (since you can basically skip various lines of code by putting it in a conditional statement). Again, I have no idea how spaghetti-like the source code is....

This kind of thing annoys me generally :eek:, when for example, I see flyers with poorly written illegible text that is almost impossible to read. The graphic designer should show some thought and consideration on readability and contrast. Old movies with horrible red text...ugh :rolleyes:
I would also suggest against people using yellow text here, for the same reason :). How can you read this?

KevinVonBach
04-13-2017, 07:10 AM

Amen.

/10characters

Chump Norris
04-14-2017, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't mind this but sounds like they would have to do a UI update which probably means they would have to pay sony and microsoft for a patch..

Amen and good luck though.