PDA

View Full Version : Radiation Damage Not correctly affecting enemies

MikeyXombiee
04-15-2017, 04:55 PM
In this game Radiation barely affects enemies. Radiation should do more damage to plates or through and at least weaken the plates. The whole point of corrosive weaponry is to weaken armor. ALL other nanos are more effective than radiation on enemies with armor even though radiation is supposed to bypass armor ( why? idek) Ive tested this theory multiple times with EVERY nano.

Ryim
04-15-2017, 05:27 PM
Radiation isn't supposed to break armor unless you stack it with Bio nano.

Here, this may help you http://www.defiancedata.com/page=15/nano-effects

MikeyXombiee
04-15-2017, 07:31 PM
Ok. It seems I was misunderstood. I know how they coded the game and how it was INTENDED to be used. That's not what I'm getting at here. Please try to understand what I am saying. You're taking it the wrong way. Yes we know how it was originally made to work. But what I'm saying is it would make BETTER sense otherwise.

Chump Norris
04-15-2017, 08:25 PM
Radiation is great, it sounds like you want radiation to act more like bio..just use bio.

xSalemx
04-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Are you saying they should make RAD not only bypass armor plates, but also do as much damage to armor plates that BIO does? If that's the case, wouldn't that take away from the purpose of BIO?
Or did you mean they should switch it around and make RAD break armor plates & BIO bypass armor plates?
I mean yeah BIO is probably more useful in PVE where enemies can come out with several armor plates from high threat levels and RAD only ignores a few plates whereas BIO will shred all the plates quickly. If PVE enemies had a max of 3 armor plates, then sure, RAD would be great for that. In PVP you won't see higher than 3 armor plates unless they are using perks, synergies, etc. for increased armor plates, but it is a temporary effect.
I do agree though, it should automatically adjust how many armor plates it bypasses based on how many armor plates the enemy currently has to bring it up to speed with BIO since PVE enemies can have a lot more than just 3 armor plates (seems way more effective to use BIO on enemy to strip off 10 AP's quickly rather than using a RAD nano that's only going to ignore a set amount of 2.5-3 out of 10 AP's & take significantly longer to shred even 1 AP.) Another thing is bypassing 3 armor plates when irradiated on a newbie in PVP with a 1 AP shield or a PVE enemy, seemed a bit overkill anyway..
But if it's a fix that will just cause more problems then leave it as it and I'll stick with BIO in this aspect. There are enough very old, un-fixed problems in the game already.

Ryim
04-16-2017, 07:47 AM
If you want armor plate damage + Rad bypass option, use a Rad nano with armor breaking synergies like Steel Blight. It works well for me 8)

FistPumper
04-16-2017, 12:51 PM
Ok. It seems I was misunderstood. I know how they coded the game and how it was INTENDED to be used. That's not what I'm getting at here. Please try to understand what I am saying. You're taking it the wrong way. Yes we know how it was originally made to work. But what I'm saying is it would make BETTER sense otherwise.

It appears that most of your posts start this way. You put something in the OP, and we misunderstand it.......

The title of your post states that something isn't working, when in reality you want something changed to behave like another feature of the game.

MDA
04-18-2017, 12:37 PM
If you want armor plate damage + Rad bypass option, use a Rad nano with armor breaking synergies like Steel Blight. It works well for me 8)

I use to think like that with my rad blight fragger, but then I got a lacerator...

I'd say Plate Slicer would benefit from that more than Steel Blight. Plate Slicer doesn't stack damage like Steel Blight does when you break plates and the majority of the synergy can be activated by just breaking a single plate.