PDA

View Full Version : Trading between account characters?.

nugar
04-15-2017, 08:11 PM
How do you transfer items between characters on the same account (i understand that it's allowable). I have items on 1 character that i want to put on another, do I alt/tab out close Glyph then reload it to log into the other character or how is it done.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2017, 08:58 PM
there isnt a way to do this. unless .you have a trusted friend to help you transfer

nugar
04-15-2017, 09:23 PM
how do people get 2 and 3 characters loaded into the game, surely they don't have 2 and 3 computers all running the game.

Mr Devlin
04-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Nugar, If you are running on a PC you can open more than one account and run at same time(slows down you computer a bit). you don't need multiple computers just multiple e-mails and accounts with trion.

Kristine DeBell
04-15-2017, 09:46 PM
This game is F2P so you can set up multiple accounts under different emails. Some people set up mule accounts so you can do this too. Just tab out of one character and access the next. Then you can transfer between your main account characters.

nugar
04-16-2017, 02:14 AM
can you do this if the characters are on the same account or do they have to be on different accounts?.

Bentu
04-16-2017, 02:16 AM
can you do this if the characters are on the same account or do they have to be on different accounts?.

Same account and you can run all 4 if you like through co ops expos and park them all at event arkfalls to grind for jps.

Welcome to the world of pc exploitation.

Ned Kelly
04-16-2017, 04:41 AM
Gee let's all pitch in and help facilitate more people into exploiting.

Ned Kelly
04-16-2017, 04:49 AM
Sure, lets help more people exploit. I think Trion has made their position known regarding this issue, and people in this thread know this! I'm disgusted that you so willfully explain without so much as a warning regarding the position of the Dev's regarding this.

Check this out before you leap in.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?254532-AFK-ers-during-Major-s&p=1994075&viewfull=1#post1994075

DynastyKris
04-16-2017, 05:26 AM
Just get someone in your clan to help you out, take screenshots when trading the items and if they steal your stuff warn people off.

nugar
04-16-2017, 06:24 AM
I don't see how transferring items found with one character to another one on the SAME account is exploiting, you're not duping any items you're just giving it to another of your characters, you've already done the hard work of getting the item. To me it's just a personal perception of exploiting, it's just the same as getting someone else to be a trading partner only without them dog the trading, not everybody wants to spend time helping trade items, so why not do it yourself.

Light Energy
04-16-2017, 07:48 AM
My guess is that Ned Kelly was responding to Bentu's post:

Same account and you can run all 4 if you like through co ops expos and park them all at event arkfalls to grind for jps.

Welcome to the world of pc exploitation.

AFAIK you cant log in to two characters from the same game/Glyph account at the same time... :confused:

Also, whilst I understand Bentu's frustration, I'm not sure he needed to bring it up in this thread! LOL :D

This thread is meant to be about the relatively benign issue of want to move items between characters (which is something that has never been really 'fixed' since launch, despite many requests from many players over the years). A way of moving items to and from claims seems like the simplest solution. In any case, perhaps one day in the distant future, the inventory management will have some TLC :).

For the record, some other suggestions:
+ make it possible to trade more than 10 items.
+ make it possible to do a multiple selection (rather than go back and forth between inventory and trade windows).
+ make it possible to chat with the person you are trading with, while the trade window is up.
+ make it possible to sort by more than one column etc. (have sub categories for synergies and so on).

I wasn't here for the exchange, whatever that was like. I know there were problems with that, so it was removed.

Ned Kelly
04-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Yeah sorry should have clarified that somewhat, I'm certainly not saying that swapping items is exploiting, considering the limited.... no tools available to do so.

But I think that development on this game ended with arkbreaker dlc, imo the moment it was decided to go f2p, was behind closed doors the same moment they ceased any real work into this game.

Some transfer system should really be setup, the number of times people have been ripped of, lost items etc, should have made this a priority rather than a conversation topic every livestream.

Bentu
04-16-2017, 10:39 PM
My guess is that Ned Kelly was responding to Bentu's post:

AFAIK you cant log in to two characters from the same game/Glyph account at the same time... :confused:

Also, whilst I understand Bentu's frustration, I'm not sure he needed to bring it up in this thread! LOL :D

This thread is meant to be about the relatively benign issue of want to move items between characters (which is something that has never been really 'fixed' since launch, despite many requests from many players over the years). A way of moving items to and from claims seems like the simplest solution. In any case, perhaps one day in the distant future, the inventory management will have some TLC :).

For the record, some other suggestions:
+ make it possible to trade more than 10 items.
+ make it possible to do a multiple selection (rather than go back and forth between inventory and trade windows).
+ make it possible to chat with the person you are trading with, while the trade window is up.
+ make it possible to sort by more than one column etc. (have sub categories for synergies and so on).

I wasn't here for the exchange, whatever that was like. I know there were problems with that, so it was removed.

It's been mentioned many times in other threads, I don't know how to do it but have read many times it's as easy as pushing alt tab and off you go.
If it's not on the same account it's no big issue is it if you can run multiple accounts.

As for posting on the subject, since when are you the forum monitor?

Azareal Farseeker
04-17-2017, 01:24 AM
Lol, I gotta laugh when I see the alt haters jump in all full of fire and brimstone. Makes me think they haven't actually stuck with this game for a couple years; thru all the many events where one can come up top in the charts and walk off with a blue; over and over and over and over again x1000.

Met an alt hater a couple weeks ago. Spamming all over the zone about his dedication to train alts every chance he gets. And then I see him at a BB EH porting in his 6 alts hahahaha.

Bentu
04-17-2017, 01:27 AM
Lol, I gotta laugh when I see the alt haters jump in all full of fire and brimstone. Makes me think they haven't actually stuck with this game for a couple years; thru all the many events where one can come up top in the charts and walk off with a blue; over and over and over and over again x1000.

Met an alt hater a couple weeks ago. Spamming all over the zone about his dedication to train alts every chance he gets. And then I see him at a BB EH porting in his 6 alts hahahaha.

Says the guy two years late to the party.

Azareal Farseeker
04-17-2017, 05:13 PM
Lol Seriously Bentu ? So I'm not allowed to make such a statement even though I have been playing a couple years ? So I'm just not allowed to have alts or to find any other way try and get some jp's ? My sole purpose in this game is purely to give Trion my money for the a 'Chance' at the jp's ?

Sorry but I'm not that rich to be throwing hard earned cash at pixels.

Bentu
04-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Lol Seriously Bentu ? So I'm not allowed to make such a statement even though I have been playing a couple years ? So I'm just not allowed to have alts or to find any other way try and get some jp's ? My sole purpose in this game is purely to give Trion my money for the a 'Chance' at the jp's ?

I'm not rich either, very far from it in fact but why should your ability to load alts on pc to farm jps be allowed when consoles can't.
Well they can but not at the push of a button like pc.
"If" the devs monitor the drops on pc from the farmed alts and transpose those figures for drops on consoles it puts us at a severe disadvantage.
No dev has popped into any thread I've mentioned this in to refute my claim and even if they did I'd have a very hard time believing it.

For the record I have no issues with people playing their game in anyway they see fit as long as it doesn't affect anybody else's game play and of course you're allowed to make any comments you like but at least try to understand the reasons behind the alt haters opinions (as you put it) instead of ridiculing them.

Ned Kelly
04-17-2017, 05:56 PM

Please, would you be so kind as to remain partially on track regarding OP.