PDA

View Full Version : Is the Fast Travel terrible or am I missing something?

Bernardo
04-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Seriously, I might be missing something (which wouldn't be that hard with this UI), but am I the only one who has issues using the fast travel? I mean the "Fast Travel" button appears only if the last thing I've hovered over my cursor was a fast travel capable waypoint on my map... So the problem is, my map is crawling with waypoints and I need to dodge my cursor from those to reach the Fast Travel button otherwise it disappears since just by hovering anything you lose the selection of the FT waypoint. This is especially annoying when the waypoint is surrounded by vendors and I need to hover over it countless times to make it to the button.

I really hope I am missing something. Nonetheless, this UI need some improvements.

ANTI
04-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Try zooming in boss.

Keverettusps
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Seriously, I might be missing something (which wouldn't be that hard with this UI), but am I the only one who has issues using the fast travel? I mean the "Fast Travel" button appears only if the last thing I've hovered over my cursor was a fast travel capable waypoint on my map... So the problem is, my map is crawling with waypoints and I need to dodge my cursor from those to reach the Fast Travel button otherwise it disappears since just by hovering anything you lose the selection of the FT waypoint. This is especially annoying when the waypoint is surrounded by vendors and I need to hover over it countless times to make it to the button.

I really hope I am missing something. Nonetheless, this UI need some improvements.

try double clicking like everyone else does lol

Bernardo
04-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Try zooming in boss.
I do that. Helps sometimes but those waypoints surrounded by vendors still a problem.

Bernardo
04-07-2013, 05:23 PM
try double clicking like everyone else does lol

I wouldn't bet everyone else does that, but thanks for the info, I'll try it next time.

Darkeus
04-07-2013, 05:23 PM
I double click on them.... :)

Priss
04-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Highlight with mouse then hit enter key works too.

Keverettusps
04-07-2013, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't bet everyone else does that, but thanks for the info, I'll try it next time.

yeah they don't, but hey now you know

Ellros
04-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Lot easier to do if you zoom in

Shismar
04-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Double click works quite often. When it works. For me it is more like a fast triple click that does the job.

Avenger
04-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Highlight with mouse then hit enter key works too.

I didn't know that method, but I've been double clicking

Torigon
04-07-2013, 05:40 PM
You could also highlight the place you want to 'fast travel' to, then click the 'fast travel' button at the lower left of the screen.

Sometimes double clicking doesn't cut it for me either. Especially if I have been at the Brewer's finest. ;)

Bernardo
04-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the help. I believe I tried the double click when I first discovered fast travel, but it didn't work, so I assumed that the button was the only alternative.

You could also highlight the place you want to 'fast travel' to, then click the 'fast travel' button at the lower left of the screen.

I was just complaining about how difficuli it is.

mikegonzalez2k
04-07-2013, 06:04 PM
You are supposed to double click to select it, not wait for the hover over. Also if you are in a zone you haven't done alot of the quests for then zoom in so you have a better chance of clicking on the correct location.

oops519
04-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Pro tip: use the arrow keys to highlight to the fast travel and then hit "enter".

Brynnza
04-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Sadly I quickly realised although this game is a godsent for PC, it was built for consoles and effort to make it PC playable was.. Minimised.

russell733
04-07-2013, 07:34 PM
I learned to highlight and hit enter because double clicking I often had trouble with cursor moving between clicks and the spot to highlight is so small it wouldnt work. When they added the Fast travel at Iron Demon ranch some complained because it was out at road but I thought it was better because you can at least highlight it without the other stuff right next to it.

Flak
04-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Mouse over it and hit enter is the most trouble free way for me when there are mission points are other crap in that same area.

Bernardo
04-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Sadly I quickly realised although this game is a godsent for PC, it was built for consoles and effort to make it PC playable was.. Minimised.
Now that you mentioned, it makes sense. This is the kind of UI that would work on a gamepad. I really hope that Trion let the gamepad compatibility aside and improve the keyboard/mouse usability (for the PC version, naturally)...

Valethar
04-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Now that you mentioned, it makes sense. This is the kind of UI that would work on a gamepad. I really hope that Trion let the gamepad compatibility aside and improve the keyboard/mouse usability (for the PC version, naturally)...

We've been after them in testing for months now to improve the PC UI. They've made some minor changes, but I doubt we'll see a UI that's more efficient for this platform.

TH3STEVE
04-07-2013, 10:38 PM
We've been after them in testing for months now to improve the PC UI. They've made some minor changes, but I doubt we'll see a UI that's more efficient for this platform.

I'm curious, what are the changes they already made?

Thoemse
04-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Zoom in then double-click.

I do agree that it is clumsy and could be done better.

Oldschoolratz
04-08-2013, 03:19 PM
I got the firts one ... but nothing since then. i wold like to know why i got this problems. People told there is a lot around merchant. But there is nothing.

Xbox 360