PDA

View Full Version : Shield drop rates seem out of whack

Crack
04-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Ive always been plagued with a shield happy RNG, but since the balance adjustment for box pulls you made last month it seems everyone is heavy on shield pulls. Its ok for the armament boxes because people are needing shields to complete the synergise, but not as heavy as we are pulling them. Its a miracle if you don't pull two shields from those boxes.

Can ya take a little peek at that when you get a chance?

Thanks

DEATHBRINGER210
04-18-2017, 01:33 PM
ive said this since the armament boxes came out. pistols and shottys are dropping to much too

Crack
04-18-2017, 01:48 PM
ive said this since the armament boxes came out. pistols and shottys are dropping to much too

My weapon drops seem pretty balanced...its those 99% chance of pulling two shields thats the bummer.

Mayday
04-18-2017, 04:17 PM
I'm pulling OJ shields more than anything with a shotty or sniper here and there. This definitely needs to be looked at.

stefb42
04-18-2017, 04:22 PM
Same here 2 or 3 shields in most crates I open now, would be nice if consumables went back to being just grenades too, spikes and stims that cost like 100 scrip or something from vendor is a little insulting, or if you need to give spikes and stims how about adding some purple and orange maybe?

Zoomer12
04-19-2017, 03:17 AM
I said this during Armistice and basically got berated on the forums.

It's WHACK!!

nugar
04-19-2017, 05:54 AM
Can Legendary shields still be obtained in lock boxes, I've gotten lots of Purples and blues but no Orange Legendary one, bad RNG I guess.

Decoy303
04-19-2017, 07:18 AM
Yes! I pulled a Tachyon Regen Four as an oj last night. I won't be using it as the recharge and refresh is 90% after 9.6 with 75% health and a low cap of 22k.

FPD
04-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Can Legendary shields still be obtained in lock boxes, I've gotten lots of Purples and blues but no Orange Legendary one, bad RNG I guess.

No doubt. Do OJ shields even exist any more?

Crack
04-19-2017, 02:09 PM
No doubt. Do OJ shields even exist any more?

It always surprises me when players say this...I pull 5 oj shields for every one oj weapon. If we could block a type of gear to never drop again, Id choose shields for sure. I break at least 2 oj shields a week...

nugar
04-19-2017, 04:41 PM
It always surprises me when players say this...I pull 5 oj shields for every one oj weapon. If we could block a type of gear to never drop again, Id choose shields for sure. I break at least 2 oj shields a week...

I've got a character on the Europe server that has just hit EGO4400 and haven't seen a Legendary shield drop out of an Elite box yet, still waiting. Using a purple one still (and no it's not BS it's truth), just got to wait for RNG to bless me with it's presence, which hopefully won't be too much longer.

Bentu
04-19-2017, 09:35 PM
The shields have taken the place of the useless shotties and snipers we were getting.

Come on did we really think they'd fix the drops from crates and boxes or just move the problem to something else.

KevinVonBach
04-20-2017, 05:22 AM
just got to wait for RNG to bless me with it's presence, which hopefully won't be too much longer.

Try ritualistic sacrifice.

Light Energy
04-20-2017, 06:00 AM
I've got a character on the Europe server that has just hit EGO4400 and haven't seen a Legendary shield drop out of an Elite box yet, still waiting. Using a purple one still (and no it's not BS it's truth), just got to wait for RNG to bless me with it's presence, which hopefully won't be too much longer.

It seems individual RNGs vary quite a bit, however: I only got my first OJ shield when I was around 4K by a clan mate gifting me one. After 5-6K, I seemed to get a lot more OJ shields. For Elite lockboxes, I would say my shield drops are now: 40% blue, 50% purple, 10% OJ. And the split seems about 50% weapons, 50% sheilds from the lockboxes. For example (as I recall): a recent lockbox was 2 purple shields and 2 blue weapons.