PDA

View Full Version : Trion, did you intentionally make EA pistol stock mods less than 1% drop chance?

Charapoo
04-20-2017, 01:08 AM
It was a rhetorical question..we already know it is intentional.

Blood from a stone, Trion...

You won't squeeze people into paying cash for bit boxes and arkforge if they weren't already willing to do so before the drops were nerfed to oblivion.

You will, however, find you have been very successful at alienating those who find enough enjoyment in the game to keep their patron status active..

Good job.

r1p
04-20-2017, 05:10 AM
It's a contest. The 5 lucky people who pull T5 Recoil stocks all get a tour of Trion's HQ and 1 them will someday inherit the company.

KevinVonBach
04-20-2017, 05:12 AM
It's a contest. The 5 lucky people who pull T5 Recoil stocks all get a tour of Trion's HQ and 1 them will someday inherit the company.

Half of zero is still zero.

LeeLeeBelle
04-20-2017, 05:43 AM

Blood from a stone, Trion...

You won't squeeze people into paying cash for bit boxes and arkforge if they weren't already willing to do so before the drops were nerfed to oblivion.

You will, however, find you have been very successful at alienating those who find enough enjoyment in the game to keep their patron status active..

Good job.

For me it's a sniper recoil stock. I'm not sure that it matters because I'll never actually use the Dirac. I don't think it's going to get easier to find mods because there's almost no one playing the event majors anymore. Tuesday afternoon I played a major in SV that was threat level 8 for the first few minutes. I really wish I hadn't renewed my patron pass through the next event, I no longer " find enough enjoyment in the game" to log on to get the loyalty. Sorry for hijacking your thread to whine, but its a good description of how I feel about the game. Too much stick not enough carrots. Anyway, I think I'm about done.

Light Energy
04-20-2017, 05:45 AM
Trion, did you intentionally make EA pistol stock mods less than 1% drop chance?

It's weird because I asked in clan chat and it seemed a common issue. I have so many pistols from this event (2 Plancks, 1 Einstein, several OJs) yet very few recoil stock mods. Right now, I'd even settle for greens...

lol - when I first skimmed this thread, I thought you said the people whole pull T5 recoil stocks all work in Trion's HQ! :D

Decoy303
04-20-2017, 05:49 AM
Maybe people should stop throwing away the t3 mods and hold onto them until you find something better. Spoiled players many have become. Especially the new breed. I ran around with quality T3 and t4 weapons till I was close to 5k but that was before free to play and rarity upgrades. You just have to learn to adapt.

Light Energy
04-20-2017, 06:26 AM
Maybe people should stop throwing away the t3 mods and hold onto them until you find something better. Spoiled players many have become. Especially the new breed. I ran around with quality T3 and t4 weapons till I was close to 5k but that was before free to play and rarity upgrades. You just have to learn to adapt.

I guess it depends on how much space you have and whether you try to use scrap weapons as mod holders etc.

Also, when you get to 6K and have a decent set of weapons etc (and limited inventory space), I think you can be more choosy about which items you keep :).

My (current) general system for mods:

Keep greens and use them when the opportunity arises.
Pre-Armistice (ie. during Colony Courtship) I was getting enough blues to auto-salvage greens. Armistice decided to give me mostly greens so I switched auto-salvage to whites.
If I get blue mods, I either salvage the green equivalent (to make inventory space) or replace the green mods on weapons.
Use blue mods on purple and OJ weapons, and save purple mods for JPs. If I get an OJ equivalent of a purple weapon, I may retreive the mods from the purple weapon.
OJ mods are so rare, they donít even factor into the system :eek:. I have only received them from the Bargain Boxes or bought them from Chimera/Paradise vendors.

Decoy303
04-20-2017, 07:05 AM
For me anything below blue is auto salvage eighth sucks because I would love the scrip but only so much inventory space and only greens I ever want are the catalyst and catalytic mags for increases increased effect triggering. I don't think those come in t3.

luis_lem
04-20-2017, 07:18 AM
i think i have 1 or 2, let me check, but green most likely

DSW
04-20-2017, 07:31 AM
its not pistol, its the recoil stocks in general. whichever weapon you choose, you still have HARD time finding recoil for it.

i feel like either somebody overnerfed the rolls, or we're on the brink of another "stop giving me bolt action repeaters" failure.

KevinVonBach
04-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Spoiled players many have become.

Thanks for the wonderful insight there, Yoda. :rolleyes:

mitch00uk
04-20-2017, 08:49 AM
For me anything below blue is auto salvage eighth sucks because I would love the scrip but only so much inventory space and only greens I ever want are the catalyst and catalytic mags for increases increased effect triggering. I don't think those come in t3.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
in 7 months I managed to get 1 t5 mod in game.................................I feel so spoilt

Cygnus
04-20-2017, 10:27 AM
I guess it depends on how much space you have and whether you try to use scrap weapons as mod holders etc.

Also, when you get to 6K and have a decent set of weapons etc (and limited inventory space), I think you can be more choosy about which items you keep :).

My (current) general system for mods:

Keep greens and use them when the opportunity arises.
Pre-Armistice (ie. during Colony Courtship) I was getting enough blues to auto-salvage greens. Armistice decided to give me mostly greens so I switched auto-salvage to whites.
If I get blue mods, I either salvage the green equivalent (to make inventory space) or replace the green mods on weapons.
Use blue mods on purple and OJ weapons, and save purple mods for JPs. If I get an OJ equivalent of a purple weapon, I may retreive the mods from the purple weapon.
OJ mods are so rare, they donít even factor into the system :eek:. I have only received them from the Bargain Boxes or bought them from Chimera/Paradise vendors.

I mod jps and ojs with t3s and store my t4s on a purple gun. When I decide to mod an oj or jp I retrieve the mods off the purple. That way if I can sell the oj or jp instead of breaking the ojs down for mods. Oj used to be worth something, but not any more. Lol

crasher
04-20-2017, 10:31 AM
For me it's a sniper recoil stock. I'm not sure that it matters because I'll never actually use the Dirac. I don't think it's going to get easier to find mods because there's almost no one playing the event majors anymore. Tuesday afternoon I played a major in SV that was threat level 8 for the first few minutes. I really wish I hadn't renewed my patron pass through the next event, I no longer " find enough enjoyment in the game" to log on to get the loyalty. Sorry for hijacking your thread to whine, but its a good description of how I feel about the game. Too much stick not enough carrots. Anyway, I think I'm about done.

Plenty of 'toons at the overnights to take the threat level all the way up.

otoh, 50% of those 'toons are campers who just stand at the edge or over the edge of the area doing nothing but making the threat level go thru the roof, and the servers shut off the video of players/enemys due to population density saturation.

At that point I keep getting oneshotted by badguys I usually never see, or they pop into view long enuff to kill me.

We're not all lvl E6K:
I do that 3 or 4 times and I log into some other game, it's pointless to bother coming back without being a lvl E6K with (bought) Supremes.
Don't get me wrong: Gratz on the weapons you earned, I'm not jealous.

I *am* pissed off at the people who who are lvl 6K who camp out to earn more JPs with their campers, and leaving the rest of us mooks to carry the weight of an elevated threat lvl with fewer *players* to fight back.
It's a PITA to lose potential rewards because YOU rigged an event so I can't fight back against stuff I can't see, can't get rezzed by players who can't see me, can't rez players I can't see, and having to extract multiple times to a wall of Bullwinkles and rubberbanding feeders because the server can't deal with the lag.

Lets see the Livestream today being played by E3K 'toons using dropped weapons on an open server, and count how many times the devs end driving back from an extract.

r1p
04-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Plenty of 'toons at the overnights to take the threat level all the way up.

otoh, 50% of those 'toons are campers who just stand at the edge or over the edge of the area doing nothing but making the threat level go thru the roof, and the servers shut off the video of players/enemys due to population density saturation.

At that point I keep getting oneshotted by badguys I usually never see, or they pop into view long enuff to kill me.

We're not all lvl E6K:
I do that 3 or 4 times and I log into some other game, it's pointless to bother coming back without being a lvl E6K with (bought) Supremes.
Don't get me wrong: Gratz on the weapons you earned, I'm not jealous.

I *am* pissed off at the people who who are lvl 6K who camp out to earn more JPs with their campers, and leaving the rest of us mooks to carry the weight of an elevated threat lvl with fewer *players* to fight back.
It's a PITA to lose potential rewards because YOU rigged an event so I can't fight back against stuff I can't see, can't get rezzed by players who can't see me, can't rez players I can't see, and having to extract multiple times to a wall of Bullwinkles and rubberbanding feeders because the server can't deal with the lag.

Lets see the Livestream today being played by E3K 'toons using dropped weapons on an open server, and count how many times the devs end driving back from an extract.

Multiple toon AFK farming is only a problem on the PC.

Bentu
04-20-2017, 01:51 PM
I know if I was playing I'd have several for each of the less desired weapons mods such as the pistol, shotty or sniper.

crasher
04-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Multiple toon AFK farming is only a problem on the PC.

I shoulda thought of that, but thanks for clueing me in.
:p

Charapoo
04-20-2017, 06:43 PM

Lol...I haven't even received a T2 melee dmg pistol stock this event..