PDA

View Full Version : How much real money must I spend to get a solid experience with Defiance

JimRaynor
04-24-2017, 12:53 PM
i'm willing to spend $50 or less. is it possible to have 100+ hours of solid fun while spending $50 at most?

Bentu
04-24-2017, 12:55 PM
You don't feel dumped upon from a great height as it is without paying more for it.

Sorry if I've misconstrued your meaning.

Edit. I guess the best way to get the greatest experience from Defiance is to play on pc with a good wired and Internet provider.

JimRaynor
04-24-2017, 01:15 PM
i have a good PC and a good ISP and low latency.

Calm like a Bomb
04-24-2017, 01:19 PM
Is this a trick question? :p

I'd say you could spend 0$ & get a solid experience.

What's your definition of a solid experience?

JimRaynor
04-24-2017, 01:34 PM
about as much fun as Borderlands. where i can stand a chance against the games toughest bosses and have fun in the largest scale events Defiance has to offer.

Calm like a Bomb
04-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Your on the PC so 50$ would do although 0$ will still provide all the fun you seek. This would probably be what you should purchase with your 50$ for the best value.

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2016/11/01/defiance-gold-edition-smelt-faces-2/

If the above don't interest you then I would use that 50$ to buy patron passes.

What will really help you the most to get the best experience out of the game would be to join a large active clan and/or have a large friends list.

Verga DeFuego
04-24-2017, 02:04 PM
about as much fun as Borderlands. where i can stand a chance against the games toughest bosses and have fun in the largest scale events Defiance has to offer.

I think you can do it for $50. I'd suggest getting a 1 month patron pass and then spending the rest on increasing your inventory capacity. The patron pass will give you perks that will make it easier to level, along with an allowance of Ark forge and other currencies that you'll need to mod and level weapons. The default number of inventory slots are no where near enough when you start collecting weapons and mods from events.

Obviously, the patron pass will only last one month, but that should be enough time to figure out if you like the game enough to continue.

ratpie
04-24-2017, 02:53 PM
if you were gonna drop a $50/5200 bits you could go two ways.

buy a patron pass first next monday may 1st thats when the new event starts,
(you get a discount on most other things in the store after you have a patron pass)
(you also get karma each major arkall you go to so after about 60ish you will get a jackpot weapon)
then buy 25 key code upgrade and dump the rest into inventory slot purchases.

or

get the 30 day patron pass and the gold edition DLC pack.

personally id do the first option, the guns in the new events are so much more powerfull than the older content stuff.
try to join a clan (you get clan perks) and ask for some script to buy a car, they have a vendor in one of the towns most people will help you out.
if you find yourself hooked to defiance go for the gold pack later to check out all the other stuff.
have fun.

zee_oh_six
04-24-2017, 03:01 PM
you can get the collector's edition off ebay for less than $5 which has more inventory.
you may regret throwing away stuff you realize important later.

Mckllrx
04-24-2017, 03:21 PM
I think you can do it for $50. I'd suggest getting a 1 month patron pass and then spending the rest on increasing your inventory capacity. The patron pass will give you perks that will make it easier to level, along with an allowance of Ark forge and other currencies that you'll need to mod and level weapons. The default number of inventory slots are no where near enough when you start collecting weapons and mods from events.

Obviously, the patron pass will only last one month, but that should be enough time to figure out if you like the game enough to continue.
What I would recommend to

Bentu
04-24-2017, 03:37 PM
i have a good PC and a good ISP and low latency.

Then you should have no issues really, I don't know what's been happening with xbx recently but I've been having real connectivity/stability issues which is a shame because not that long ago I could stay in game for hours on end with no problems.

Now spending your 50 bucks, first off if you're interested in sinking yourself into the whole game I'd advise buying the dlcs, presently there's two ways to do this, you could buy the gold smelter edition or the ultimate edition.

If you can find a new unused copy of the ultimate edition on amazon I'd get that as it has more for your money including all the dlc, 1200 bits to spend in store and 1k in arkforge, I say amazon as they have a money back guarantee on new things if it's not as stated. Stay clear of eBay.
Then whatever you have left spend on the patron pass as and when you need/want it.

I hope you enjoy your time here in Defiance, I have but have also been alienated by Trions refusal to fix bug and broken content but that's how they are here.

Lector Lacivious
04-24-2017, 03:57 PM
patron pass is almost worthwhile... Karma... what a joke unless you are looking to get 2 random OJ drops when it hits... seriously! VBI shotty and a Vot mass cannon as a JP drop... thanx Trion!

Barely hangin by a thread with this game now.. and seriously, I hope your ISP is giving you better than 200mb per... Mine is and I have a decent rig, so far Defiance is the only game that lags like we all know it does...

Use the $50 to buy your girl some flowers... you'll have a better time!

Just throwing my 2 cents out there

David Irwin
04-24-2017, 04:24 PM
I played defiance for a full year before I ever spent a dime...... that has changed now, but there is plenty to do and check out with out having to spend to much coin.

JimRaynor
04-24-2017, 05:53 PM
Thanks everyone for all this great information!
this gives me a lot to go on.

i'm going to play some Defiance and if i like it i'll get the DLCs and 1 month of Patron. If i end up playing it as much as Borderlands I will probably keep going with the Patron thing.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-24-2017, 06:04 PM
play the game 1st to see if you even like it. its free to play. you dont have to spend a dime tp play it. see if you can handle all the random disconnects .

JimRaynor
04-24-2017, 06:08 PM
i've put about 10 hours into it and i've never experienced a disconnect. i'll play it for a month and if i like it i'll spend $50.

Bentu
04-24-2017, 06:16 PM

i'm going to play some Defiance and if i like it i'll get the DLCs and 1 month of Patron. If i end up playing it as much as Borderlands I will probably keep going with the Patron thing.

It's the Borderlands 1 feeling I got when I first started playing that kept me here this long.

Can't wait for any BL3 reveals.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-24-2017, 06:19 PM
i've put about 10 hours into it and i've never experienced a disconnect. i'll play it for a month and if i like it i'll spend $50.

go do some major event ark falls .

Cygnus
04-24-2017, 07:20 PM
i'm willing to spend $50 or less. is it possible to have 100+ hours of solid fun while spending $50 at most?

By the time you spend enough money to have a solid experience youll need to stay just to get your moneys worth. Then youll need to spend more to maintain that enjoyment. By the time youre fed up or the games done youve blow enough to buy a new car or put a down payment on a house. Lol.

Kristine DeBell
04-24-2017, 11:43 PM

Just do that. Play for a while first to give it a test run to see if you like it. Do the Event arkfalls since those seem to be the main draw for the crowd these days (think there's another coming up next week). And you don't really need to spend a dime to finish the entire story missions. As for the other stuff that requires money, it's mainly a chase for the latest shiny thing.