PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up weapon classes

Hardlight
04-07-2013, 05:25 PM
I just had a quick question about leveling up your weapon classes.

From what I have found, using a weapon that has already been maxed out doesnít add any exp to that weapon class. I had used an shock AR for about 2000+ kills after I had maxed it out and didnít see any progression in my AR proficiency, after I switched to another AR my proficiency started to increase again. Just wanted to check if this is a bug, intended, or if Iím just going crazy and it was all just a coincidence.

Paajx
04-07-2013, 05:38 PM
I have the same problem (ps3). and it sucks because I have this amazing rifle that I love to use, but have to use a different rifle to gain weapon proficiency experience. I hope they fix this because i'm getting a little tired of having to buy the same rifle over and over again. it's a drain on my scrip.

Hardlight
04-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Figured I’d just bump it because it got covered in about 30sec.

ignore that

Hardlight
04-07-2013, 05:42 PM
I have the same problem (ps3). and it sucks because I have this amazing rifle that I love to use, but have to use a different rifle to gain weapon proficiency experience. I hope they fix this because i'm getting a little tired of having to buy the same rifle over and over again. it's a drain on my scrip.

Thanks, wasn’t sure if it was just me. Hopefully Trion comes around to fixing this so I can start making up for some of that lost time.

Warlander
04-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Play the game properly and try different weapons, also what else you gonna spend money on ?

System is working as designed and I enjoy it, gives me a reason to not use the same thing all teh time.
If you want to limit yourself early in the game go ahead but dont ***** about

Eremes Guile
Sorry to say but...its no bug. The game is set that way.

jetah
yeah it sucks. but working as intended.

I would like to see a reset xp feature for guns.

Warlander
04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
yeah it sucks. but working as intended.

I would like to see a reset xp feature for guns.

if they did they should add it when you max out your ego, if they add it now, people will just ***** they are bored and never get new weapons....well they do that anyways cause aparently people playing this are 12 year olds with add

Hardlight
04-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Great, guess I’m using a different gun for now, thanks for the info.

King Hardcore
04-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I would love to see a prestige option for guns like COD honestly. Equipped with unlocking new gun skins you can put on your gun as you level it up to display, Prestige it and level it back up again. Could have a few different prestige levels and a unique Gun Skin for each Prestige along with various "minor" skins you unlock along the way. This would give the game a sort of horizontal weapon progression that I think a lot would appreciate. The best thing about Gun Skins is they are just cool and fun and dont affect gameplay.

ChrisJSY
04-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Play the game properly and try different weapons, also what else you gonna spend money on ?

System is working as designed and I enjoy it, gives me a reason to not use the same thing all teh time.
If you want to limit yourself early in the game go ahead but dont ***** about

You heard it here first guys, having to switch to a worse weapon because nothing better has dropped is playing properly.
Sorry but I'd rather play efficiently instead of badly and this system has no place, it's a needless roadblock. Pretty much all of my core weapons in 3 profiles are purple/orange with decent mods and I keep them for whenever I get around to max it.

Quite frankly, it's slightly annoying that at least till ego 650ish my best weapon was a weapon I found 15 minutes after I first played and with the abhorrent inventory system having to keep weapons for "later" because they're the best I have but XP maxed is a pain.
I'd love storage space, even if it used up inv space, or ...just... a better inventory system :|