PDA

View Full Version : Is the next event going to be 4 weeks also?

Johnny Dbag
04-25-2017, 10:53 AM
Is the next event gonna be 4 weeks also? Was suprised to log on last night and still see EH dropping after they said on livestream it was going to be over, and it was scheduled to be over. Would be nice to have the next event, with a cool syn and a better weapon selection (imo) to be around for 4 weeks.

Mckllrx
04-25-2017, 11:29 AM
On the stream they said 3 weeks long...but who knows

Lightning19
04-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Or they could nerf the event a day late ( like it appears they just did with reset )and rather than adjust the weekly contracts attached to EH, they'll just fill them as done without rewarding the rep or keys...smh

Fallen_Aingeal
04-25-2017, 01:29 PM
They were contradictory on the live stream....

At one point they said the next event will run 3 weeks.

They followed that up with the answer to another question, saying how they want events to run constantly...

This is the tendency I'm following. EH came on the heels of Armastice. The next event follows this one. June 1st will see the start of the next.

Month long events starting on the first. They have a good start already. Just need to create 2 more and they have their year slated. Wonder what "surprises" they'll bring in for Aug. and Sept...

Works to their advantage and may yet bite them in the donkey! Once all the "monthly events" are completed, they will have absolutely no excuses for not adding actual new content, doing a MAJOR BUG BASH, etc.

Honestly, don't know what arouses my curiosity more, the aug-sept events, or the excuses they'll come up with for not doing anything after that!

:rolleyes:

stoodakiss
04-25-2017, 02:00 PM

They followed that up with the answer to another question, saying how they want events to run constantly...

This is the tendency I'm following. EH came on the heels of Armastice. The next event follows this one. June 1st will see the start of the next.

Month long events starting on the first. They have a good start already. Just need to create 2 more and they have their year slated. Wonder what "surprises" they'll bring in for Aug. and Sept...

Works to their advantage and may yet bite them in the donkey! Once all the "monthly events" are completed, they will have absolutely no excuses for not adding actual new content, doing a MAJOR BUG BASH, etc.

Honestly, don't know what arouses my curiosity more, the aug-sept events, or the excuses they'll come up with for not doing anything after that!

they already have 12 monthly events planned out at this point. hopefully they just get to what you said.

1nuclear winter/january
2colony courtship/february
3armisitist/march
4event horizon/arpil
5outbreak/may
6midsummer mutany/june
7rolling blackout/july
899 problems/august
9neovotanis freebooters/september
10hulker hell/october
11new frontier harvest/november
12solstice strike/december

mitch00uk
04-25-2017, 02:07 PM
Is the next event gonna be 4 weeks also? Was suprised to log on last night and still see EH dropping after they said on livestream it was going to be over, and it was scheduled to be over. Would be nice to have the next event, with a cool syn and a better weapon selection (imo) to be around for 4 weeks.

================
I to was surprised when i logged on today, And found a minor EH. So i asked in zone and was told it was lasting another week.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one side i was looking forward to a break ( Yes i know i don't have to be involved, But by break i also mean not disconnecting or critting or major lag by mass amount of peeps signing on)

But on the other hand i love the event playing side, Getting 200k pays out keys and forge.

** Can someone tell me for deff is EH lasting a extra week?

Ackeron
04-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Thought I would take a small break this week, but hold up a second. Are all of you telling me I may yet still have a chance to get ANOTHER einstien. Well isn't that just friggen awesome (sarcasm) :).

Ya, I haven't logged in since late Sunday, thought it was supposed to be over as well.

mitch00uk
04-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Maybe they have seen a large drop in patrons, So hoping another week will get peeps renewing . But most people are not competing in this event. I built my friends list up of event players so i could hop to them. But now 3/4s of them are not competing in them.

It just seems Defiance is being held together by a few threads and they are fraying, Peeps seem to have had enough.

Johnny Dbag
04-25-2017, 03:12 PM
Well, yeah, i will not be hitting any majors this week. Id rather wait for the next event instead of getting another lmg, sniper or pistol.

Bentu
04-25-2017, 03:23 PM

Inventory Management

Cygnus
04-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Inventory Management
Indeed!! Agreed!!

Light Energy
04-25-2017, 09:39 PM
Event Horizon was due to end on 24th April and over ran by one day (Monday) - by Tuesday evening it had been removed.

I watched an old live stream and found it quite informative. Destro said the plan (for events) was “3 weeks on, 1 week off”.
PS: I know why Trion is producing event after event : short lead times, quick turnaround, and it is seen as a quick way of getting new player’s attention and piques the curiosity of some of the older players. More players online potentially leads to more income.

Destro said in the latest live stream they have no intention of changing the 3:1 pattern any time soon...