PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or....

Johnny Dbag
05-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Is it just me or is the t5 mod drop rate from the CN crates pathetically low?

Lycan Nightshade
05-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Idk bout crates but drop rates do seem off the last few events(mod wise)

DEATHBRINGER210
05-08-2017, 09:52 AM
havent seen any t5 event mods come up for sale. this event

OverDoneOne
05-08-2017, 10:24 AM
havent seen any t5 event mods come up for sale. this event

So far from the crates in the store I have gotten roughly 25 to 30 T5s, didn't keep count but know its somewhere around there.

But when it comes to trading T5s, I only offer to my best friends and known traders. That usually I deal with, its not worth the time or trouble to get offered scrip and or low balled. Since they do cost real cash to get.

BTW once I did offer some T5s in general for any smg or assault JP and I was laughed at. See what most players don't understand that when you spend $500.00 or more on crates, you really want to at least break even on a trade. And believe it or not I have gotten sup JPs for one or two T5s. Many times Because as they say there is a difference between need and greed.

Johnny Dbag
05-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks, nice to hear you have had better rng than i have. I have burned a lot of bits and only gotten 6, one of which was a t5 rad hicap. I guess it is what it is, as a wise friend likes to say.

mitch00uk
05-08-2017, 10:30 AM
So far from the crates in the store I have gotten roughly 25 to 30 T5s, didn't keep count but know its somewhere around there.

But when it comes to trading T5s, I only offer to my best friends and known traders. That usually I deal with, its not worth the time or trouble to get offered scrip and or low balled. Since they do cost real cash to get.

BTW once I did offer some T5s in general for any smg or assault JP and I was laughed at. See what most players don't understand that when you spend $500.00 or more on crates, you really want to at least break even on a trade.

---
i have been given 1 t5 mod -- stalker rl one#

got 2 from the bargain bin-- one i sold for 2.3mill the other i still have its a fop barrel for smg

that's my entire exp with t5 mods

oh and i once got one from a weekly reward box HB i think.

but i don't buy boxes as cannot afford to.

OverDoneOne
05-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Thanks, nice to hear you have had better rng than i have. I have burned a lot of bits and only gotten 6, one of which was a t5 rad hicap. I guess it is what it is, as a wise friend likes to say.

Here I am going to share with you and everyone here what I have noticed about buying crates.

My best luck comes from when I first log on for the day after a reset, like after my account has been dormant for about 6 to 12 hrs and a reset occurred during that time.

Then what I do is buy 3 crates and about 2 or 3 times out of 6 buys.
I will get a JP and or T5s, sometimes both which is delightful. :)
(my best was a JP and 2 T5s out of 3 crates)

Now thats just once a day buy 3 crates and within 6 days/trys I will see it happen at least 2 or 3 times (sometimes more but very very very rarely, maybe 1 out of 30 if that even). I do have PP also if that even helps and I do cram my inventory so its full because some stuff my main has no use for and my alts can better use it most of the time.

Its just a thought and my approach to buying crates. Good Luck ;)

BTW I have tried many many other ways but that works best for me.

mitch00uk
05-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Here I am going to share with you and everyone here what I have noticed about buying crates.

My best luck comes from when I first log on for the day after a reset, like after my account has been dormant for about 6 to 12 hrs and a reset occurred during that time.

Then what I do is buy 3 crates and about 2 or 3 times out of 6 buys.
I will get a JP and or T5s, sometimes both which is delightful. :)
(my best was a JP and 2 T5s out of 3 crates)

Now thats just once a day buy 3 crates and within 6 days/trys I will see it happen at least 2 or 3 times (sometimes more but very very very rarely, maybe 1 out of 30 if that even). I do have PP also if that even helps and I do cram my inventory so its full because some stuff my main has no use for and my alts can better use it most of the time.

Its just a thought and my approach to buying crates. Good Luck ;)

BTW I have tried many many other ways but that works best for me.

--
As a big buyer of crates what do you think the odds are to pull a jp

also the odds on pulling a t5 mod

ps i bet you've never tried singing oveer the rainbow while standing on 1 leg when buying a crate :P

OverDoneOne
05-08-2017, 12:14 PM
--
As a big buyer of crates what do you think the odds are to pull a jp

also the odds on pulling a t5 mod

ps i bet you've never tried singing oveer the rainbow while standing on 1 leg when buying a crate :P

LOL pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, ah thats my assistant. (shameless Wizard of Oz pun)

Being a sick gambler for years doin the ponies and buggies and slots and all of it actually. trion is all wrong and pays with a stacked deck. Here let me show you something I got from a trion CS rep back a bit ago.

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We understand you've been having some trouble trying to get an item to drop, and would like to better explain the way drop rates work.

Drop rates are 100% random, so even if you've opened a lock box or looted something 1000 times, your chance of getting a specific item is the same each time you loot and do not improve the more you loot. A good way to look at it is like rolling a die; say you need to roll a 5 to get an item, you could roll that die 20 times without it ever landing on 5, or you could get it 20 times in a row. It all just depends on how lucky you are.

Now for my take on it;
Actually a good way to look at it is not like rolling a die, because everyone knows a die has six sides and that means that your chances of rolling any given number are One In Six or in other words 6 to 1 odds.

I actually got a set of dice and threw one 20 times without setting up the roll in my hand, just doing it random toss and got a 5 six times and the tried again another 20 random rolls and got 8 fives, then for grins an giggles I set my rolls in hand and got 14 fives out 20 rolls.

Now slot machines are rigged to the house's favor, that's a given when playin the one armed bandits.

And trion knows that and plays it to a dice game when it really isn't. Now that CS's reply was after I spent $900.00 cash for bits and was after a Devastation rig which did not drop after buying $900 worth of crates. There is no odds there and it DOES NOT COMPARE TO A DIE OR DICE GAME, I have played craps many many times in my life and can pull snake eyes or boxcars rather easily and I have been in few fights because of it as in being called a cheater.

Honestly you knew the answer to your question before you asked it, There Are No Odds In trion's game of chance buying crates. And that is exactly why they never state the odds ! And never will ;)

So for me to guess,
I would just make a fool of myself here and perhaps give some a glimmer of hope when there is none. :(

Yep It Is What It Is, an old saying First Your Money Then Your Clothes That's How It Goes

Lycan Nightshade
05-08-2017, 12:33 PM
The odds of me buying those bs bitboxes.... 0% chance... refuse to spend 5$ a damn box and end up with a nanoless t4 pistol and 3 mods that won't match/are undesirable.

OverDoneOne
05-08-2017, 01:05 PM
The odds of me buying those bs bitboxes.... 0% chance... refuse to spend 5$ a damn box and end up with a nanoless t4 pistol and 3 mods that won't match/are undesirable.

Hey man trust me I know, like if pull a good oj thats worth modding. Trying to get the mods for it can take me to the poorhouse rather quickly and has :(

And then to sup it OUCH

Lycan Nightshade
05-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Tbh id be happy if they just adjusted a few things with bitboxes, might actually shell out some additional cash if they did the following things

1)GET RID OF THE NANOLESS GARBAGE. Not referring to dets rl inf here of course because those are not ment to have nanos, but shotguns,pistols ar/lmg/smg are...

2) there are 4 mod slots on a gun.... give us that 4th mod ffs odds are we won't get a full set to the weapon but it would feel like less of a rip off

And here's 2 additional tweaks they could add as well but of a lower importance imo

1) put the chances of pulling a jp on the description.

2) keycodes are not really that premium of a currency, lets go ahead and remove those from the 'premium currency' table....