PDA

View Full Version : Patch did what now?

Johnny Dbag
05-09-2017, 12:31 PM
So there was a supposed "patch" yesterday. At least on ps3 NA in my play last night, did not notice a difference. Enemies are still not phasing in. The lag is horrendous. Majors are taking quite a bit of time to complete causing players to get bored and do something else, and then they take even longer. The two attempts at patches have solved nothing. The loot being rewarded at the end made no change. Whatever was done yesterday made no change. The stability needs to be fixed asap. The events are getting worse, and this one is by far the worst. Its a challenge to make it through a major without disconnecting. Forget majors near muir, 100% dc chance. Bloodbath not much better.

1. Stability need to be fixed.
2. Scoring needs to be adjusted to encourage players to use higher damage guns and not farm points with bmgs.

There are probaly more things, but yhose two are on the top of my list for making majors great again.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-09-2017, 12:56 PM
yes the lag has gotten worse after the last 2 patches

Light Energy
05-09-2017, 01:07 PM
So there was a supposed "patch" yesterday. At least on ps3 NA in my play last night, did not notice a difference.

Yeah... the last hotfix/patch was only supposed to tweak the Outbreak enemies HP. The previous one added the scrip and salvage to the scoreboard, rather than have it drop on the ground - so this was meant to help latency (ever so slightly).

After the last one, I kept asking players if they noticed any difference, because I couldn't see any. The Outbreak enemies seems to take the same amount of damage to kill as before... I was under the impression they forgot to do anything code-wise! :):rolleyes:
If there was an in-game way of seeing an enemy's total health points, it would be easier to tell. But if a Hulker has 1million or 900k, I can't say I really notice...

DEATHBRINGER210
05-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Outbreak Hotfix #2 - Patch Notes - May 8, 2017
Patch Notes
Reduced the amount of enemies at Outbreak major arkfalls

crasher
05-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Outbreak Hotfix #2 - Patch Notes - May 8, 2017
Patch Notes
Reduced the amount of enemies at Outbreak major arkfalls
I didn't mind the number of enemies.
But I was getting tired of it taking multiple mags to kill one rifleman or shotgunner.

And when are they going to reduce the server load by despawning any player who hasn't moved for 15 to 20 minutes?
I'll bet a paycheck that that ALONE would cut the server load in half.
Tho it would be evidence that there are actually only 1/2 the number of actual players actually playing the game at any given time.

LOOKxATxTHISxI
05-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Suffered thru 3 majors yesterday before I gave up after D.C.'s.

Odd thing after every arkfall my reward announcement listed 2 bolters as the reward in yellow. Inventory was full so it went into claims as some random blue garbage. The xp bar reward listed the proper weapons when it passed again just the arkfall reward was busted. Anyone else have this happen?

Tashinka
05-09-2017, 02:24 PM
The lag is horrendous. The stability needs to be fixed asap. The events are getting worse, and this one is by far the worst.

1. Stability need to be fixed.
2. Scoring needs to be adjusted to encourage players to use higher damage guns and not farm points with bmgs.

I agree - In the past I have run majors (at every event since events) on all six of my toons for the weekly reward, this event I have given up
The majors are taking waaay to long, the lag is horrible and there is a good possibility it will fail - overall I give it a "sucks" rating
Maybe we could have a break (2 or 3 weeks?) between these declining events

SaikoTeek
05-09-2017, 02:33 PM
I'm not a Trion apologist, but there was a noticeable difference in enemy numbers. I finished an af with 15m on the clock, which is a first. The Trembles and Hulkers seem to be going down a little faster now,since more people are focusing on them and MOST of the time, I can see the enemies around me.

Having said that, the lag is still there, especially notable in chat and it's a given I'll usually DC if I wait around for the loading after an af completes.

I see the effort compared to the event start, but there's still a long way to go. It's a shame all of this will be for naught when the next event comes and we go through all of this again.

Johnny Dbag
05-09-2017, 02:36 PM
I really hope they can get it sorted out, for me personally, this is the first new synergy in a while i find really exciting.

Johnny Stranger
05-09-2017, 02:40 PM
I agree - In the past I have run majors (at every event since events) on all six of my toons for the weekly reward, this event I have given up
The majors are taking waaay to long, the lag is horrible and there is a good possibility it will fail - overall I give it a "sucks" rating
Maybe we could have a break (2 or 3 weeks?) between these declining events

Let me know if it ever gets better ... maybe I'll log in , finding it harder and harder to even turn PS3 on :(

Btw , southsider was looking for a mod off your list Tash ...

Johnny Gatt
05-09-2017, 03:57 PM
I am with Tash.
I have been running events since they came into being. I am only running my main toon on ps3 and even that toon is under 50 majors a week and a half in. I did not even bother running my Xbox account this event.

Tashinka
05-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Let me know if it ever gets better ... maybe I'll log in , finding it harder and harder to even turn PS3 on :(

Btw , southsider was looking for a mod off your list Tash ...It seems a little better, but i haven't run enough to be sure
Hope you are doing well
I will extend the olive branch - Southsider can have the mod, which one was it?

mitch00uk
05-11-2017, 10:20 AM
STOP ROBBING US OF KARMA

I'm sick of it. We are paying for a system that robs us. Sort it out

Skullsuku
05-11-2017, 10:47 AM
I didn't mind the number of enemies.
But I was getting tired of it taking multiple mags to kill one rifleman or shotgunner.

And when are they going to reduce the server load by despawning any player who hasn't moved for 15 to 20 minutes?
I'll bet a paycheck that that ALONE would cut the server load in half.
Tho it would be evidence that there are actually only 1/2 the number of actual players actually playing the game at any given time.

Not to mention that the cars r still there, u just can't see them most of the time ,but they r there. So I guess that if u can't see it, it must b fixed. Just like Karma just because u can't see it doesn't mean that it's working.