PDA

View Full Version : Monster threat detection

DustOfDeath
04-07-2013, 05:53 PM
There is something very off - for example if you use a sniper rifle from far way (barely the distance you can see them) and 1 hit, the mobs near him instantly know that you shot from the top of the hill behind some rocks. Its like they have infinite autotarget zoom vision.

Same appleis to the cover - even if they dont see you they seem to know that you moved behidn the cover (ex long wall or fence).

Forsaken Demon
04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Maybe they can smell you, or hear you. Maybe they're using THE FORCE!!!! I don't know. It is kind of annoying sometimes though.

Beats
04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
There is something very off - for example if you use a sniper rifle from far way (barely the distance you can see them) and 1 hit, the mobs near him instantly know that you shot from the top of the hill behind some rocks. Its like they have infinite autotarget zoom vision.

Same appleis to the cover - even if they dont see you they seem to know that you moved behidn the cover (ex long wall or fence).

It's no different than any pve game with shooting really. It is annoying, but it's not such a big deal. Think of it as more of a rpg/mmo type thing as far as mobs go, aggro one aggro the group etc.

also, if you could just snipe them without any reprise at all, then that would just become the dominant strategy.

ChrisJSY
04-07-2013, 06:22 PM
I've been able to one hit kill mobs next to others and have them not react, although when I say "next to" that's slightly ambiguous.