PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. PvP!

Raserei
04-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Shotguns and small maps pretty much make this game a shotgun deathmatch. If you don't use a shotgun, you are gimping yourself.

Shotgun + Cloak = gg

You can say you did well with other guns, cool, thats a few matches. Fact is, shotgun will always dominate in the current state.

Evilution
04-07-2013, 05:57 PM
No it's cloak, leave my shotgun alone :p

Pain
04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Played my first PvP match yesterday...

Yeah, it sucked, EVERYONE was using shotguns. Won't be playing PvP again until they add bigger maps, or people start playing Shadow War because that's awesome.

usrevenge2
04-07-2013, 05:59 PM
adding bigger maps won't help it, shotguns cloak and infectors are broken atm, I don't use cloak and still when I switch to a shotgun I dominate.

cfStatic
04-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I didn't even know the state of PVP, but I build my initial EGO layout to favor sawed off and cloak. I'm pretty happy with it, sucks for the poor bastards that get one shot though. ;D

Raserei
04-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Go play 100 matches of quickplay PvP. Both maps, 90% of players use shotguns and camp close quarter areas. CAn't do anything about it.

No time to aim with any gun to kill them, they will rush you and kill you in 1-3 hits.

Bluegobln
04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
I was having fun sniping. With overcharge you don't even have to hit the head and its GG most of the time (bolt action) or at least scares the CRAP out of them (if its semi-auto).

Artillery using Mass rocket launcher (the kind you trigger midair and it clusters into bomblets) is hugely successful and loads of fun, but you can still get killed by a good stealth shotgunner (which as you've already said is quite common).

I also love my pistol. If you're a good shot you will own most other weapon types with a nice high rate of fire pistol (not the full auto pistols, though they're OK). Try the Bull magnum hard hitters if you want a hilarious time.

I feel like people aren't willing to TRY other weapons because shotgun stealthing seems "easy" to them. If you're smart you can defeat those players. Use your own EGO powers to counter theirs - such as the anti-stealth decoy perk, or sprinting away using that run speed EGO, or just overcharge and lob grenades when an enemy tries to jump you.

Screen for stealth enemies - hold still, look for a second, or alternatively spray and see if you tag something. Remember - if you hit a stealther two things happen - first you deal damage which drops them from stealth, second you screw their whole play of getting up in your face with a shotgun (naturally if they're already IN your face you've already let them get too close, so they won't mind so much you dropping them out of stealth since they're about to do it anyway).

Evilution
04-07-2013, 06:04 PM
adding bigger maps won't help it, shotguns cloak and infectors are broken atm, I don't use cloak and still when I switch to a shotgun I dominate.What's broke with infectors ?

Beats
04-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I tend to have success using sniper rifles and combat rifles and the like. As said before me, overcharge and a bolt action is quite useful, and overcharge in general is. Overcharge with a 20+ fire rate weapon is also very destructive, moreso than any non 1hit shotgun.

Also decoy with the destealth skill is useful, or even without. You often trick stealthers into jumping out and shooting your decoy leaving them either facing the wrong way, reloading or out of stealth at the bare minimum giving that playstyle a huge kick in the shins.

Kettlewell
04-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I recall this guy called bloodz, bunnyhopping like a bloody idiot, rather a shotgun in his hand or a grenade launcher so he didn't have to aim and sticking to his team like a sheep.

PvP is terrible even though I've had MVP about 20 times now.

Jack Johnson
04-07-2013, 06:33 PM
The maps are pretty bad. Too many crates lying around. IMO Deathmatch should play like an instanced version of Shadow Wars, with more open lines of sight and fewer pieces of cover. I've had a blast with Shadow Wars since you can get rifle battles, but Deathmatch is almost entirely about shotties.