PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Livestream Q&A Thread!

ZamboniChaos
05-16-2017, 10:49 AM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/11/defiance-header.jpg

Greetings Ark Hunters!

On our livestream this week (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?257789-Defiance-Livestream-May-19-at-10-30-AM-PDT-(5-30-AM-GMT)), we'll be discussing the upcoming Hot Crazy Summer event. If you have questions you'd like to ask the team, post them here so I can review them and pass them along! I'll leave the thread open for questions until Thursday morning.

See you on Friday!

Commissar Fox
05-16-2017, 10:55 AM
Any plans to fix the couple year old issue with DLC achievements and trophies not working correctly? http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?231078-DLC-s-trophies-are-still-glitched-i-can-t-obtain-any-of-these-PLEASE-FIX/page2

DEATHBRINGER210
05-16-2017, 11:00 AM
any server fixes for the disconnects that still are going after the "loot fix"
when is pvp getting more updates?

konstantinov
05-16-2017, 11:12 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/2w5ivr9.jpg

Can we get an update on the inventory management and streamers program please?

MrE
05-16-2017, 11:18 AM
any server fixes for the disconnects that still are going after the "loot fix"
when is pvp getting more updates?

they said last livestream they weren't looking into any more pvp changes as the pvp player base isn't big enough

Deanderino
05-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Is there anyway we will can have the ability to Supreme our JP swords?
If we can't do that. Any way we can OJ our Purple swords?

Thanks.

upper
05-16-2017, 11:42 AM
What are the "big plans" you've been talking about lately?

Are you working on fixing the Warmaster? You know it's unplayable right? And no 1 even talks about it anymore.

When are you planning to change expo gear?

MrE
05-16-2017, 11:44 AM
can we have at least 1 extra expedition. (still have volge, grid, shrill, nvf dark matter enemy types to choose from)

what happened to excursions?

a month off from events. to do expeditions or something in.

mod pullers.

a new coop. (still have volge, grid, shrill, nvf dark matter enemy types and plenty of other pre existing maps to choose from)

upgrade the expedition synergy. extra damage? life steal? nanos on the explosive guns. something else to make them worth while to go after.

put armament synergy guns in expeditions or the ability to earn rep to buy the crates

earn event jackpot guns at other game events expeditions, warmaster, pvp, standard arkfalls. when you have events all year round they no longer are events.

can we address the pvp lag which makes pvp unplayable and is the source of most of the hacking accusations out there. also putting players off doing pvp in the first place which in turn effects which guns we go after and what we do with them, ie no gear grind for pvp guns

can we have a switchable nano converter magazine, 1 that you put in a gun as a mod and you can select the nano on the gun on the fly.

any further imput on improving the inventory system? new filters: list by synergy, nano, etc, list by time remaining in the claimables section

can we have a fix to the warmaster? it no longer shoots it laser beam from it's mouth , only shoots occasionally, the crystals no longer come out of the floor, he is very weak and not challenging at all and the rewards reflect that, can the hybernal weapons be added to the loot table, preferably with a new warmaster synergy, it is a dlc afterall and a paid for dlc at that

the grenadiers still shoot backwards over their shoulder or sideways.

can the intensity/brightness of mass cannons, purgatories, northstars, be turned down or the color changed to green preferably or yellow like the halloween mass cannon that we have to pay $25 for and is no longer available and doesn't have a nano or a comparable synergy.

speaking for other players I know they would like some more storyline content to play.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-16-2017, 11:54 AM
they said last livestream they weren't looking into any more pvp changes as the pvp player base isn't big enough

you should rewatch the last live stream. pvp isnt dead on ps3 na

MasterProtector
05-16-2017, 11:55 AM
hmmm so many questions

can we add/increase stat values to base synergies to put them on par and make them useful again? IE like adding velocity to stalker syn or increasing the crit mult on assassin, or maybe combining perks to their cumulative value and adding new perks on top?

can we we make inventory management easier?

Since this one was stated in the last livestream let me question this, can we get a list either here on the forums or given to defiance data a list inclusive of ALL weapon base stats like the unseen accuracy on most guns or velocity and such stats we dont normally see and have a baseline model for each weapon type compiled for the good few of us who enjoy testing the limits of these to be able to work with them more efficiently? it would be nice to finally have a guideline for these unseen stats, oh and crit on shotguns o.o.

When are we finally going to have explosive converters? and when will we get syphon explosives??? and before you answer note that syphon explosives have existed in the past as i have a few and they function perfectly, moreover that explosives exist with life steal perks and backpack syns that can stack lifesteal on both those and explosives that normally dont have life steal.

will we be getting new map content updates in the future opening up our playing field at all? Or as an example finishing alcatraz finally so we can roam the rest of its incompleted map.

Any plans for a account based inventory vault to cross inventory between characters which as stated would cut down on potential scamming and theft, a good note a player made when this was addressed last live stream was how claims items work which i understand while we cant use claims for that because claims works how it does the coding could be reworked for something similar but separate as claims also works for the account.

Can we get a potential timeline to karma being added to expeditions? as a player whos done far to many at supreme tier to not receive one supreme drop id personally like to know.

on the same point will it be possible to have more expedition types?

Will we be able to have superiority looked into and buffed both in syn stat value but adding a 3rd perk to its syn as well to give its luster back?

will we ever be able to have our armors and titles have bonuses added onto them?

will we ever be able to make our vehicles customizeable? by this i mean we have perks for vehicle durability and vehicle dmg and even chips for such, i think it would be cool if we could augment our vehicles with weapons of their own and armor augments to make them combat feasible.

would it ever be possible to add higher tier spikes, stims, and grenades along with maybe new types and maybe have them drop with backpack synergies or have unique perks on them opening the door for new combinations.

also would it ever be possible to have 1 more perk slot open as its always felt to most of us that that spot at the bottom was always meant for another perk slot down the line.

any word on sword converters? i know this was mentioned as a project some months back i was wondering if this was still in the works. and secondly in this note will we ever be able to upgrade tiers on them?

lastly will we ever get the third clan perk fixed to properly give that extra key at all activities? ive been testing this over and over and with the same result being that the perk does not award the "extra key".

MrE
05-16-2017, 11:56 AM
you should rewatch the last live stream. pvp isnt dead on ps3 na

just telling you what they said

Calm like a Bomb
05-16-2017, 11:57 AM
Can you add the Armament Lockbox to the Defiant Few vendor & because those boxes are not a permanent addition to the vendors can we get at least a 2 week warning before you remove them?
...or, can you just make the Armament Lockbox a permanent addition to the vendors?

DEATHBRINGER210
05-16-2017, 11:57 AM
just telling you what they said

they said they are planning on doing something about snipers in pvp

MrE
05-16-2017, 11:59 AM
lastly will we ever get the third clan perk fixed to properly give that extra key at all activities? ive been testing this over and over and with the same result being that the perk does not award the "extra key".

as far as i can tell we get the added extra keycodes when the dailies and then the weeklies roll over respectively, you will see some keycodes added at the left of the screen to indicate it at the time for the events that you have done that day or week, unconfirmed but i think that's whats happening.

Altras
05-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Can the twerk emote used in previous promotions be added to the emote list?

Calm like a Bomb
05-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Can we get all mutant/raider gear chests from expos to count towards the pursuit no matter if it's in a cave or the bunker? I'm getting pretty tired of these not counting towards my pursuits...ie: you get a cave in Stolen Purpose and the gear chest don't count towards the pursuit...is this by design?

Pxncture
05-16-2017, 12:30 PM
When will scrip have a purpose to higher level players again?

Fallen_Aingeal
05-16-2017, 12:49 PM
For nearly 2 years, there was a thread stickied at the top of the General sub-forum. It was a thread created by the Defi team, asking for our suggestions/wants for the inventory in the game.

Page after page was submitted by forum users. Hundreds of suggestions given. Then, out of the blue. It was gone. Nary a word about it since. All of that time spent, by your player base, tossed away.

When can we expect an upgrade/over-haul to the inventory system?

MrE
05-16-2017, 12:51 PM
When will scrip have a purpose to higher level players again?

or can we have some sort of trade currency, to trade instead of guns, because at some point they lose value because the person you are trying to trade with already has everything ( so at some point all/most trading will cease and players/traders will get bored because they can't trade) whereas you Could always offer them some sort of trade currency, preferably loyalty or something like it that could be earned ingame

MrE
05-16-2017, 12:52 PM
For nearly 2 years, there was a thread stickied at the top of the General sub-forum. It was a thread created by the Defi team, asking for our suggestions/wants for the inventory in the game.

Page after page was submitted by forum users. Hundreds of suggestions given. Then, out of the blue. It was gone. Nary a word about it since. All of that time spent, by your player base, tossed away.

When can we expect an upgrade/over-haul to the inventory system?

in Defiance 2? just like Spaceballs.

r1p
05-16-2017, 01:39 PM
What are the "big plans" you've been talking about lately?

Are you working on fixing the Warmaster? You know it's unplayable right? And no 1 even talks about it anymore.

When are you planning to change expo gear?

The Warmaster became broken over 2 years ago and most people got tired of bringing it up after it became obvious that nothing was going to be done about it. What is really frustrating is not only were we ignored but then they had the audacity to bundle the DLC's into the "Gold Edition" knowing full well that it contained broken content that they had no intention of fixing.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-16-2017, 01:52 PM
we are yall gonna fix the broken A.I. for the npcs in silly crit valley ?

Gaige12
05-16-2017, 01:59 PM
Could you please answer ANY of the questions that are being asked right here in this thread?

NullWolf
05-16-2017, 02:12 PM
why do kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

Of course it being the only off topic question so far means that Surly it'll be answered.....

Lampredic
05-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Are there any plans to add new outfits to the store?

Beta Question: When are you adding motorcycles? (IKR?)

Are there any plans to give us more things to spend scrip/bits on?

WhiteStrike
05-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Have you thought of making enemy weapons, such as the Mutant and Acolyte cool looking Assault Rifles, available for players?

Have you tried disabling weapon rolls and rarity damage bonuses in PvP, a là 2013, to see how it would affect things?

Outside event periods, there is no place to obtain any gear that's competitive with the most recent event gear. Any plans to change that?

Will there be content end-designed for solo players? Groups have expos, crowds have Arkfalls, but solo players have nothing (while you can solo Expos, they take significantly longer this way).

mitch00uk
05-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Can we move event arkfalls to more stable areas, Or have more at places like the fork.

Also can we get karma rolls as soon as we earn the first point/tagg the first enemy. So if we get disconnected we still get Karma, Because we all feel robbed by this.
The roll can be suspended till the event finishes or if you get disconnected it can appear at start screen. Please

This is a big problem that affects EVERYONE* and we DESERVE a fix to this issue

*patrons

xSalemx
05-16-2017, 02:46 PM
No questions from me.

punisher2431
05-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Will you guys ever change the look of a gun maybe for one event, Like the ones from the defiant few vendor not the skin just the whole way the gun looks. Since they look cool

Deanderino
05-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Can we get large bosses at event arkfalls? Thanks

Edit: see link http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?257782-Big-Bosses-at-Event-Finals

MasterProtector
05-16-2017, 04:07 PM
as far as i can tell we get the added extra keycodes when the dailies and then the weeklies roll over respectively, you will see some keycodes added at the left of the screen to indicate it at the time for the events that you have done that day or week, unconfirmed but i think that's whats happening.

ive tested this multiple times, and tested it with contracts, ive done the math and have pictures as "activities" include all instances and recorded before, during, after images and concluded it does not function also got confirmation from support staff saying "keep and eye on forums for potential fixes"

Lycan Nightshade
05-16-2017, 09:07 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Look this will be the only other question answered.....

Trogathorna
05-16-2017, 09:11 PM

Look this will be the only other question answered.....

What about...

If you were a hot dog and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

Calm like a Bomb
05-16-2017, 09:22 PM

About 700 pounds. Compared to beavers, groundhogs/woodchucks are not adept at moving timber, although some will chew wood. (At Cornell, woodchucks that gnaw their wooden nest boxes are given scraps of 2-by-4 lumber.) A wildlife biologist once measured the inside volume of a typical woodchuck burrow and estimated that -- if wood filled the hole instead of dirt -- the industrious animal would have chucked about 700 pounds' worth.

Sources: College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University; New York State Department of Environmental Conservation;*Mammals of the Eastern United States, Second Edition, William J. Hamilton Jr. and John O. Whitaker Jr.

Link-
http://www.news.cornell.edu/Chronicle/96/2.1.96/facts.html

LOL :p

Antony Harrist
05-16-2017, 09:27 PM
1, Is it going to be new events every month for the rest of the year? Or will we be seeing some new content other than events any time soon?

2, will destro be the game director that finally killed off defiance?

OverDoneOne
05-16-2017, 10:54 PM
Can I get a Cheesy Chubie Chuck, a Mexically Bar and a Cherry Ola Cola ;)

BTW It's a line from the movie American Graffiti

daniel lk
05-17-2017, 02:47 AM
Could you please send the lives to the youtube channel and put the caption option in the videos?
I know that in lives is not possible, but at least send the videos to the youtube channel and activate the caption option.

Yakalfurd
05-17-2017, 03:37 AM
What about...

If you were a hot dog and you were starving, would you eat yourself? If you was a hot dog I'd eat you way before you could eat yourself, I'd swallow you down in one big gulp

stayloc
05-17-2017, 04:35 AM
Can you add the Armament Lockbox to the Defiant Few vendor & because those boxes are not a permanent addition to the vendors can we get at least a 2 week warning before you remove them?
...or, can you just make the Armament Lockbox a permanent addition to the vendors?

Second that....

MasterProtector
05-17-2017, 07:17 AM
heres another good question, when are we finally going to see all of the different "new weapons" added for event synergies become part of the regular loot table?

also its been a good few months since any guns have gotten a buff to make them useful (coughs breaker cannon)

crasher
05-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Can you do something to make me care, again, like I did when I first bought and loved this game?

r1p
05-17-2017, 07:30 AM
heres another good question, when are we finally going to see all of the different "new weapons" added for event synergies become part of the regular loot table?

also its been a good few months since any guns have gotten a buff to make them useful (coughs breaker cannon)

They said that they were going to add the Northstar Blaze to the general weapon pool after it was introduced in the first CC event which was over 2 years ago. So if I had to guess.....

DEATHBRINGER210
05-17-2017, 07:34 AM

bmgs got a damage buff

MasterProtector
05-17-2017, 08:10 AM
bmgs got a damage buff

thats only because they put a bit store bmg for people to spend thousands to not get.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-17-2017, 08:16 AM
thats only because they put a bit store bmg for people to spend thousands to not get.

you can get the jp bmgs in game without bits

ratpie
05-17-2017, 09:28 AM
all the questions in my head are answered by the other people in my head.

MrE
05-17-2017, 09:35 AM
guns are generally just buffed to make them more attractive for spending and at this point it's to bring other guns inline with other guns that have already been buffed, so it's kinda self-defeating because when it comes around to buffing the simply superior weapon type again, that weapon type will still be better than a buf version of a lesser gun also the breaker cannon already had as you pointed out a buff i believe.

chow1116
05-17-2017, 10:29 AM
I would love to know an update of some sort on inventory management...hopefully some useful information..

MasterProtector
05-17-2017, 10:29 AM
guns are generally just buffed to make them more attractive for spending and at this point it's to bring other guns inline with other guns that have already been buffed, so it's kinda self-defeating because when it comes around to buffing the simply superior weapon type again, that weapon type will still be better than a buf version of a lesser gun also the breaker cannon already had as you pointed out a buff i believe.

no the breaker cannon is at best around 30-40k dmg which per shot is vastly weaker than many other rls, and with the dmg debuff for pvp its usage for its creation on vehicles is kinda moot making it one of the least useful guns in game currently. ive tried killing a vehicle in pvp with one and carrying a breaker cannon to do it i might as well electric convert a courier.

chow1116
05-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Another thought to help these arkfall failures:

I know a lot of players have experienced failures this event (at least on PS3 NA) and im not sure if it has to do with the instability issues of enemies disappearing while shooting or things not loading fully but i find myself at times running around looking for enemies that arent there. A lot of people complain about these arkfalls taking too long or failing but i feel it has more to do with players dragging hulkers so far away from the circle...and then they disappear or get stuck in a rock or something and everyone has trouble finding that last hulker or trembler...didnt know if there was a way to either keep enemies (and/or players) in the circle once theyve entered it. Or at least make the enemies not disappear.

THE ROCKS
05-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Will we ever get time off of events other than the usual one week? I've been doing some thinking and I think it would benefit the community to hold off on events for a bit bring out a few bit only syns yes that would be decent and give us time to do expos and PvP and other things instead of the monthly arkfall chase

Johnny Dbag
05-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Is there any way to up the rewards from expeditions? And no, im not talking about supremes and t6 chips. Im talking about forge. Its already a slap in the face to run high tier expos week after week and not get any decent drops, but only pulling 11 to 14 forge is just insulting. Please adjust the forge rewards from expo to make us feel its almost worth the trouble.

Steve332211
05-17-2017, 11:40 AM
Questions about repairing Purgatory (San Andreas syn):

1) Can it have the damage done on initial impact restored. The reason why I think this should happen is because you have given the CDC Purgatory's a big initial damage.
2) Why is it that the damage stats on Purgatory seem to have been reduced at about the same time the OUTBREAK event started. If they are going to stay at the same lower level then there is another reason to restore the initial impact damage.
3)Why does Purgatory not register critical hit damage (T6 critical damage roll). It never registers any increased damage numbers in yellow digits. The CDC Purgatory's register critical damage in yellow so why doesn't Purgatory. What is the point of having Crit rolls in the rotation if it cannot register a critical hit on any enemy.

Mr Devlin
05-17-2017, 12:09 PM
There have been several posts regarding inventory (posts# 8,10,18,20,48,and 54)

Is there a way you could revive the code from the Exchange sorting system and apply it to the inventory and claims system?

The ability to sort in the exchange was a beautiful addition and i would hate to see that hard work go to waste.

chow1116
05-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Is there any way to up the rewards from expeditions? And no, im not talking about supremes and t6 chips. I'm talking about forge. It's already a slap in the face to run high tier expos week after week and not get any decent drops, but only pulling 11 to 14 forge is just insulting. Please adjust the forge rewards from expo to make us feel its almost worth the trouble.

This. I would definitely expo more if the rewards were worth it. As if getting t4s while running high expo tiers wasn't bad enough, the "rewards" you get from completion doesn't really correlate with the effort put into actually complete it.

Skiller115
05-17-2017, 12:13 PM
Will you guys fix the Warmaster and the weapons he drops to make them supremable? or at least make a new set of Warmaster MK III weapons that can be supremed?

MrE
05-17-2017, 12:50 PM
There have been several posts regarding inventory (posts# 8,10,18,20,48,and 54)

Is there a way you could revive the code from the Exchange sorting system and apply it to the inventory and claims system?

The ability to sort in the exchange was a beautiful addition and i would hate to see that hard work go to waste.

i agree with this. if at all possible incorporate some sort of mailing system or account bank

Is there any way to up the rewards from expeditions? And no, im not talking about supremes and t6 chips. Im talking about forge. Its already a slap in the face to run high tier expos week after week and not get any decent drops, but only pulling 11 to 14 forge is just insulting. Please adjust the forge rewards from expo to make us feel its almost worth the trouble.

I agree with this aswell,

Infinity Eagle
05-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Yes I posted this in another thread, but got no reply from the Devs, so here it is again.

An Idea to Help with Lag

At one time we were told that our inventories caused lag, because of the server having to keep track of all our stuff at all times. imagine 100 players with 600 weapons in inventory and each weapon has 4 mods, that is a lot to keep track of.

What if we had a vault/armory or what ever, that we could store all our stuff on? Have a place we go to and have one of the blue circles for us to interact with, it takes us to our armory (on a different server) now that load is removed from play server. Give the vault the Total inventory size of All the toons on that account, now players would be able to use any of the weapons in the vault on any of their toons. We would still have all our loadout slots (6 in my case) and you just go to your vault and set your load out.

Now as far as trading, would need to make an area (alcatraz ?) where it is a no fire zone and you could access
your inventory to trade with, again this could be a separate server/shard to keep the load off the play server.

Thoughts/ ideas to add?
Please keep it constructive.

We REALLY need the lag to be fixed. To the Devs; would this work?

MrE
05-17-2017, 02:15 PM
can the stalled expeditions be fixed, where you kill everything at the boss round in an expedition and no more enemies spawn and you cannot finish the round. usually in the double dock room

red1
05-17-2017, 06:12 PM
Why dont you start advertising for recruit within the game and ask players to identify and fix the bugs in the game for a reward could b £$€ or in game bits ect... & what's new this summer? New enemy's? Expansion? And any dlc giveaways in the future?

FistPumper
05-18-2017, 02:02 AM
Why dont you start advertising for recruit within the game and ask players to identify and fix the bugs in the game for a reward could b £$€ or in game bits ect... & what's new this summer? New enemy's? Expansion? And any dlc giveaways in the future?

There would be no use for that, we actually come on here for free and do it for them. Yet nothing is done about it.

I reported that the MG syn jp's skins were missing just like the ones from iD event, and nothing. Even the CEO agreed that the guns didn't look right. But whoever it is that pulled an iD jp in the start of the event must have Destro's direct line or his real email address. Because that was fixed in a couple of days.

Bentu
05-18-2017, 03:17 AM
Where's Fasti?

MrE
05-18-2017, 03:26 AM
the nano perks in the corner that are a paid for dlc do not activate when you log in if you have them equipped in the loadout that you login with until you switch loadout, so you could go all day without getting the benefit from them, it does also explain some of te problems in pvp if you are not getting the extra damage and extra resistance. I mean I know about the problem and i forget to fix it when i log in and given any crashes during the play the problem can just reset again. can those be fixed?

MrE
05-18-2017, 03:34 AM

a lot of it is that there are too many suggestions/fixes that we propose and i'm sure it's not known which one to listen to, all you can really do is set up a forum post, have whoever wants to suggest something and the top 10 or so with the most repeat suggestions be put to a vote and actually fix that top voted item that month. It would give players something to actually look back on and say, Well they Did fix that. then do it again next month if it has to be that far apart. That way you at least have a chance to fix something that the majority actually want fix, instead of listening to a minority of players that supposedly know what the game needs otherwise it's just time wasting or stalling. i would announce the voting ingame and/or send out an email/twitter/whatever so that players are evn aware that it is happening and know to vote.

konstantinov
05-18-2017, 04:59 AM

Is a free game not enough?

Hanimichal
05-18-2017, 05:10 AM
can we have at least 1 extra expedition. (still have volge, grid, shrill, nvf dark matter enemy types to choose from) ......

Expedition! Expedition! Cool idea Miss Teri
Also I think the most important in expedition is have a choice to go in cave or bunker!!!! I hate that bunker! I want play only caves, also why there are two boss room in cave? why not the big with docks only?

I also want to choose my team not always some strange entring in my expedition so I need to kick him 3 or 4 time just because he also dont have choice to go in own expedition (or just lock the team in 1, 2 or 3 players only so wenot have problems)

red1
05-18-2017, 07:25 AM
What I meant is for player who can write and understand coding and get the privilege to access the script, servers and framework with certain restrictions to safeguard premium items that players pay2get.... Its free 2 play but still they get commissions from Xbox gold membership and psn + we should take Kali Linux as an example open source that has a better reputation that any international, commercial existing OS just thought and don't forget your competitors Destiny2 is coming out this summer we need something 2 done be4 we lose more player/m8s to other games

ZamboniChaos
05-18-2017, 07:42 AM
Thread is now closed. Thanks for your questions!