PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming: Hot Crazy Summer - Synergy and Weapons

Lexxy Snow
05-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Outbreak ends on monday. We will have two weeks without a new event then Hot Crazy Summer will begin.

edit 1 - Hot Crazy Summer delayed for an extra week
edit 2 - Outbreak returns for one week on May 29th

Hot Streak synergy

1 - on kill or full reload, 2% ammo regen (cooldown 3 seconds)
2 - on kill or full reload, 15% fire rate boost for 10 seconds (cooldown 10 seconds)
3 - 15% damage boost (constant)
4 - gain 'hot streak' effect for 10 seconds after 3 kills or full reloads within 15 seconds (blur and overcharge like effect, cooldown 15 seconds)

Jackpots have a unique Tier 4 bonus - 10% EGO power recharge on full reload or kill (cooldown 5 seconds)

Vanity pack includes a new red and black hoverbike vehicle, red and black ' corporate valentine ' outfit and a blast hatcher combat shotgun with the Hot Streak synergy. The jackpots have the Flames of Passion red & black weapon skins.

Weapon types - blaster pistol, blast rifle, chango fragger combat shotgun, auto lobber detonator, canker infector, tachmag pulser SMG, quick repeater sniper rifle. All jackpots are fire nano. Pursuit completion will reward a Tier 4 VBI assault rifle, 'Smolder'.

Enemies will be raiders, 99ers and hellbugs with a fire theme and a damage boost to health.

Bring the heat.

(All information is direct from the May 19th Livestream)

NullWolf
05-20-2017, 06:17 AM
hmm this next event actually might look worth playing

Light Energy
05-20-2017, 07:28 AM
Thanks for putting this information on the forum so quicky, Lexxy :).

RKZX2
05-20-2017, 03:40 PM
if the 3rd perk is constant, why not put it as, +15% damage

MasterProtector
05-20-2017, 03:49 PM
if the 3rd perk is constant, why not put it as, +15% damage

not the official post.

xSalemx
05-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Very interesting.

What kind of bird is that Puffkin?

ratpie
05-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Not a fan of those blast hatcher combat shotguns but that hoverbike sold me, looks fun!

r1p
05-22-2017, 10:03 AM
It appears that synergies are progressing exactly as I thought they would ever since Trion decided to turn the game into a 24/7 event kegger. With revenue now completely reliant on the flavor of the month event synergy the only way to sell boxes, bundles, and passes is to release synergies that are slightly better than the previous generation. The synergies released in the past year have made all of the standard and faction synergies obsolete and it has done the same for most of the past event and bit store synergies as well. And it's going to continue with each successive generation (about every 3-6 months) until they finally pull the plug.

A friend of mine created the following thread to illustrate a different point, but I believe that it's only a matter of time before we see this:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?218290-My-TN-Big-Boomer

Light Energy
05-22-2017, 10:29 AM
It appears that synergies are progressing exactly as I thought they would ever since Trion decided to turn the game into a 24/7 event kegger. With revenue now completely reliant on the flavor of the month event synergy the only way to sell boxes, bundles, and passes is to release synergies that are slightly better than the previous generation. The synergies released in the past year have made all of the standard and faction synergies obsolete and it has done the same for most of the past event and bit store synergies as well. And it's going to continue with each successive generation (about every 3-6 months) until they finally pull the plug.

Was saying a similar thing in game the other day. Each new synergy is designed to gradually push older synergies into obsolescence. The new synergies have to have a certain level of appeal in order to get players to go after them. So this is a natural consequence of the event train we are on…

We will eventually get weapons will all nanos and all EGO powers combined, reaching god-mode for the final Defiance Armageddon! :eek:

Arran
05-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Did they say on the livestream if we can use our defiant few rep to get untradable jackpots? Tia

Bentu
05-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Did they say on the livestream if we can use our defiant few rep to get untradable jackpots? Tia

Not yet but thinking about it.

Light Energy
05-22-2017, 02:23 PM

As I recall, they actually mentioned the request that people have made here on the forum (and said they will look into it): making Armament lock boxes available from the Defiant Few vendor.

The reasoning is:
1) Armament lock boxes are still available from other vendors (as they were during Armistice).
2) Unreadable jackpots are no longer available from the Defiant Few vendor. This is/was something to make Armistice special, so it seems unlikely to become a common feature.
3) It would be a good use for the Defiant Few reputation.

Zer0Playr
05-22-2017, 04:03 PM
As I recall, they actually mentioned the request that people have made here on the forum (and said they will look into it): making Armament lock boxes available from the Defiant Few vendor.

The reasoning is:
1) Armament lock boxes are still available from other vendors (as they were during Armistice).
2) Unreadable jackpots are no longer available from the Defiant Few vendor. This is/was something to make Armistice special, so it seems unlikely to become a common feature.
3) It would be a good use for the Defiant Few reputation.

They could keep the untreadable JPs from the Defiant Few. It could make me spend its reputation frequently, because I don't like very much the Defiant Few guns. Especially the MK II ones.

Zer0Playr
05-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Outbreak ends on monday. We will have a week without an event then Hot Crazy Summer will begin.

Hot Streak synergy

1 - on kill or full reload, 2% ammo regen (cooldown 3 seconds)
2 - on kill or full reload, 15% fire rate boost for 10 seconds (cooldown 10 seconds)
3 - 15% damage boost (constant)
4 - gain 'hot streak' effect for 10 seconds after 3 kills or full reloads within 15 seconds (blur and overcharge like effect, cooldown 15 seconds)

Jackpots have a unique Tier 4 bonus - 10% EGO power recharge on full reload or kill (cooldown 5 seconds)

Vanity pack includes a new red and black hoverbike vehicle, red and black ' corporate valentine ' outfit and a blast hatcher combat shotgun with the Hot Streak synergy. The jackpots have the Flames of Passion red & black weapon skins.

Weapon types - blaster pistol, blast rifle, chango fragger combat shotgun, auto lobber detonator, canker infector, tachmag pulser SMG, quick repeater sniper rifle. All jackpots are fire nano. Pursuit completion will reward a Tier 4 VBI assault rifle, 'Smolder'.

Enemies will be raiders, 99ers and hellbugs with a fire theme and a damage boost to health.

Bring the heat.

(All information is direct from the May 19th Livestream)

Are the weapons already available? I coudn't access the PTS yet.

OokamiXIII
05-24-2017, 04:37 AM
They could keep the untreadable JPs from the Defiant Few. It could make me spend its reputation frequently, because I don't like very much the Defiant Few guns. Especially the MK II ones.

I doubt that we'll see them put the untradables on full time, there's already a way to get the individual JPs you want, and bonus it's behind the paywall!

konstantinov
05-24-2017, 05:30 AM
If they had untradable JPs available from the defiant few vendor then why would people buy bit store boxes?

OverDoneOne
05-24-2017, 09:14 AM
If they had untradable JPs available from the defiant few vendor then why would people buy bit store boxes?

Thats a very good point.

r1p
05-24-2017, 10:27 AM

For no other reason than to show their appreciation and support for all of the time, money, and effort that goes into continually improving the game by fixing bugs, releasing new content, and providing and active and responsive presence in the forums.

Zhanz
05-27-2017, 11:31 AM
For no other reason than to show their appreciation and support for all of the time, money, and effort that goes into continually improving the game by fixing bugs, releasing new content, and providing and active and responsive presence in the forums.

^lol >.< 😂

Ryim
05-28-2017, 04:52 AM

Bets on whether this breaks Blur or Overcharge already in effect causing one to wait for the cooldown on the power again?

Light Energy
05-28-2017, 08:22 AM
Bets on whether this breaks Blur or Overcharge already in effect causing one to wait for the cooldown on the power again?

From what I have seen on PTS, the 4th synergy bonus is treated as a separate thing, it is only a "blur and overcharge like effect".

I used overcharge combined with this synergy, to see what would happen and they overlapped fine. The overcharge timer was operating as normal. So you should be able to combine proper blur or overcharge EGO powers with this syn :). I actually found I could 'proc' the 4th part pretty frequently (especially with low mag weapons or killing lots of enemies) and didn't really need to use overcharge. If the threat level is 11 at an event major, the kill rate will no doubt drop and so it may be more beneficial to use the EGO powers then.

I'll do some more testing, just to confirm this :).

Edit: Confirmed blur and overcharge EGO powers function normally and independently, with the cooldown timer unaffected.

In this screen shot, Hot Streak has activated, while blur is recharging normally:

https://s30.postimg.org/flej12ugd/blur-recharges.png (https://postimg.org/image/flej12ugd/)

Lexxy Snow
05-30-2017, 05:31 AM
Thanks for putting this information on the forum so quicky, Lexxy :).

You're welcome, Light.

Let's see how this functions when I off-hand a Hot Streak synergy weapon with a gunslinger weapon. My overcharge may never end.

Poetic Paige
05-30-2017, 11:03 AM
Ugh a cluster shot with bugs for the vanity pack? why are all the smgs the same for events either pulsars or bombardiers

Decoy303
06-01-2017, 05:30 PM
I'll take a clustershot with bugs any day. Love clustershots.

Light Energy
06-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Clustershots are one of my favorite types of shotgun :). They have a nice range and as a late comer, I haven't seen any bug spawning (non-infector) weapons first hand :). A friend shot me with a Demogorgon (I think) in a duel and that was interesting! :D

Let's see how this functions when I off-hand a Hot Streak synergy weapon with a gunslinger weapon. My overcharge may never end.

Ah yes! Good idea for testing! I tested the Hot Streak synergy with my Wildcat (overcharge effect) and VBI EEC SMG (blur effect) weapons and it all seems OK. You can combine and stagger the different powers and effects (for example: overcharge EGO power + Wildcat + Hot Streak).

I haven’t used my VBI EEC SMG for a while, and now with Hot Streak around the corner, I probably won’t much in the future, which seems a shame. It could be argued that Hot Streak resembles what the “Gunslinger Trials” weapon should have been like.
Hot Streak can activate quite frequently (and looks cool), so it outclasses the corresponding EEC weapons IMHO; especially since they only have a % chance of the effect.

BruceOpulent
06-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Ugh a cluster shot with bugs for the vanity pack? why are all the smgs the same for events either pulsars or bombardiers

What are you talking about? There has only ever been one event bombardier jackpot and that was 9 months ago.

This event or the last one didn't have a pulser either.

Light Energy
06-02-2017, 12:20 PM
What are you talking about? There has only ever been one event bombardier jackpot and that was 9 months ago.

The Event Horizon Voyager Pack (http://www.defiancedata.com/pack=28/voyager-pack) had a syphon bombardier SMG (I know because I have been admiring a friend's bombardier :D). Maybe that is what Paige was referring to?

Mr Devlin
06-02-2017, 01:08 PM
The bombadier from the voyager pack is silly fun, does good damage and paired with a rig that has ammo regeneration chip(s) you can't run out of ammo + syphon keeping you alive. great for expeditions.

Bloodbath82
06-05-2017, 01:28 AM
I will be extremely happy if this stacks with my obliterator and the Titans fury syn may make for a very powerful combo. I have 2 separate builds for TF and if it works I may see 3x OC plus blur ;)

konstantinov
06-05-2017, 06:29 AM
I will be extremely happy if this stacks with my obliterator and the Titans fury syn may make for a very powerful combo. I have 2 separate builds for TF and if it works I may see 3x OC plus blur ;)

You're including razor rig OC right?

Poetic Paige
06-05-2017, 06:33 PM

The ea vanity pack also had a accelerated bombardier and oblivion are all the same

Poetic Paige
06-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Last time they had a disruptor is when steel blight boxes came out b4 that it was final caress and duskfire they never have vbi smgs last ones i seen were hollow point syn and sols prominence and the sols syn didnt even have an smg jp

BruceOpulent
06-05-2017, 06:44 PM
The ea vanity pack also had a accelerated bombardier and oblivion are all the same

Neither of those is an event weapon. One is a bundle weapon the other is an elito box jp.

Poetic Paige
06-05-2017, 06:44 PM

Arment box has a banshee. Thats if ur not counting that as an event " jp but still jp non the less

BruceOpulent
06-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Last time they had a disruptor is when steel blight boxes came out b4 that it was final caress and duskfire they never have vbi smgs last ones i seen were hollow point syn and sols prominence and the sols syn didnt even have an smg jp

We had a VBI smg in january. Why complain about something you know nothing about?

BruceOpulent
06-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Arment box has a banshee. Thats if ur not counting that as an event " jp but still jp non the less

It's neither a pulser nor an event jackpot. It's a tachmag, they're two completely different SMG types.

Poetic Paige
06-05-2017, 07:46 PM
It's neither a pulser nor an event jackpot. It's a tachmag, they're two completely different SMG types.

So banshee isnt a jp weapon ok ty

Poetic Paige
06-05-2017, 08:02 PM
And the only reason why i brought the smg part up was because hyperon emmiter is a great gun just a better syn for a vbi smg would be even better with for instance... hot streak syn