PDA

View Full Version : What has changed since 2013/2014?

phen0meenal
05-20-2017, 02:32 AM
Hey, I last played this game after the second dlc released, i think.

I know the game has gone f2p and all, so i'm just curious as to what owners of the season pass got as compensation? I assume all the dlc content is now free, and i'm also wondering what more they added and if there's a second season pass or something we'll have to pick up.

I hear old weapons are worth a lot now? If i start a new character, do i still start with dlc weapons?

Is the game still alive?

Thanks!

SaikoTeek
05-20-2017, 06:20 AM
The game is ftp. The dlcs are not. You still have to buy them.

A quick run down:

Everything that was broken still is.
Old weapons are worth a ton.
If you don't have a Patron pass, you're not going to get much, as the game is steered towards that and the bit store.
You can now upgrade a purple to orange to gold, but everything else is one tier.
You can now change a roll on a weapon.
You can now look at what syn mods are in a gun
They have t5 mods outside of chim and paradise, but they usually are in bit store.
The have expeditions, where you run the same type of map and it gets harder. The loot is supposed to be better the higher you go, but it usually isn't.
The economy is busted, so people charge stupid prices for almost everything.
There's an event every month that lasts for 3 weeks and pops out a new syn, so everything is rinse and repeat.
Ego Max is 6000 now, but you can get it without doing the pursuits, since there is no exp cap.

People are still active, but the game is slowly dying due to people getting frustrated over the issues. Play a bit and get a feel for the game before investing in it, especially the docs, since most of them are broken or obsolete.

phen0meenal
05-20-2017, 06:43 AM
*quote*

Alrighty, thank you for the rundown! I do appreciate it. :)

I own the season pass already, downloading the game right now. I just have one more question.. why are old weapons worth a lot these days? aren't they the same anymore?

Bentu
05-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Alrighty, thank you for the rundown! I do appreciate it. :)

I own the season pass already, downloading the game right now. I just have one more question.. why are old weapons worth a lot these days? aren't they the same anymore?

Not all old weapons are worth more but it's mainly those that have the 30% revive role which is handy in expeditions.
Others are collectable for their multiple roles as they were patched out.

FistPumper
05-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Most of the new players have no respect for the Older items (double and triple rolls) and standard syn items. Sadly alot of the player base just wants the latest and greatest "whatever" and won't buy or trade for anything else. On Xbox NA, there are still some of us around that enjoy the "OH" factor of a triple reload shotty.=) Sure maybe the new syn will flip you on your head and light you on fire but the old stuff still kills things really well. Best of luck, and welcome back.

Canobis
05-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Hey, I last played this game after the second dlc released, i think.

I know the game has gone f2p and all, so i'm just curious as to what owners of the season pass got as compensation? I assume all the dlc content is now free, and i'm also wondering what more they added and if there's a second season pass or something we'll have to pick up.

I hear old weapons are worth a lot now? If i start a new character, do i still start with dlc weapons?

Is the game still alive?

Thanks!

I would read patch notes for this info. guaranteed to be accurate info that way.