PDA

View Full Version : Strange background noise

PacificGypsy
05-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Okay, I'm on PS3, Ego 4,000, ign Monkey Fingers

When I was a young arkhunter I accidently accepted an invite to a clan. The name is 'Defiance Latinos'. I was never contacted by them, don't know how to reach them to leave the clan, so just went on my merry way ignoring clan stuff. In the last few days I have a background noise of a family speaking in Spanish. No ****. I hear them laughing, talking, children playing, and family arguments. I mute it, it only happens on Defiance. I might be an old woman (probably the oldest player on here), but I'm not in dementia yet, so I'm not imagining things. Is it possible for someone in this clan to have some sort of open mike that is left on? I'm NOT a techie so I don't know why I'm receiving this weird crap. Can someone help with this please?

And if anybody knows how I can leave this clan that I can't find, that would be great.

Bentu
05-22-2017, 06:22 PM
I believe you just type in chat

/quit clan

Or you can go to the social part of the radial dial and tab to the clan section and select leave clan there.

Edit. I know you shouldn't ask a ladies age but humour me, how old are you, you may be surprised how old some of us are.

PacificGypsy
05-22-2017, 06:32 PM
I believe you just type in chat

/quit clan

Or you can go to the social part of the radial dial and tab to the clan section and select leave clan there.

Edit. I know you shouldn't ask a ladies age but humour me, how old are you, you may be surprised how old some of us are.

Just /quit clan? I don't have to put name of clan? I'll try it tomorrow, thanks. Have you ever heard anyone with the problem of background noise? In August I'll be 67.

Antony Harrist
05-22-2017, 06:40 PM
Okay, I'm on PS3, Ego 4,000, ign Monkey Fingers

When I was a young arkhunter I accidently accepted an invite to a clan. The name is 'Defiance Latinos'. I was never contacted by them, don't know how to reach them to leave the clan, so just went on my merry way ignoring clan stuff. In the last few days I have a background noise of a family speaking in Spanish. No Sh*t. I hear them laughing, talking, children playing, and family arguments. I mute it, it only happens on Defiance. I might be an old woman (probably the oldest player on here), but I'm not in dementia yet, so I'm not imagining things. Is it possible for someone in this clan to have some sort of open mike that is left on? I'm NOT a techie so I don't know why I'm receiving this weird crap. Can someone help with this please?

And if anybody knows how I can leave this clan that I can't find, that would be great.

Think you can turn off the built in chat in the settings

PacificGypsy
05-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Thanks Antony, I'll try that to get rid of the talking. Either that or brush up on my Spanish.

Bentu
05-22-2017, 07:06 PM
Just /quit clan? I don't have to put name of clan? I'll try it tomorrow, thanks. Have you ever heard anyone with the problem of background noise? In August I'll be 67.

Yes just type in chat /quitclan you don't have to mention clan name.
Actually if you type in chat how do I leave my clan someone will tell you.
That's the yellow chat, Blue is clan chat.

The noise you can hear is more than likely in voice clan chat and you can switch to area or zone by pushing down on the D pad.

Ok your a bit older than me, I'm 54 this year.

PacificGypsy
05-22-2017, 07:31 PM
Yes just type in chat /quitclan you don't have to mention clan name.
Actually if you type in chat how do I leave my clan someone will tell you.
That's the yellow chat, Blue is clan chat.

The noise you can hear is more than likely in voice clan chat and you can switch to area or zone by pushing down on the D pad.

Ok your a bit older than me, I'm 54 this year.

What's the D pad in PS3 language? 54...hmm, yeah a bit. : )

Bentu
05-22-2017, 07:40 PM
What's the D pad in PS3 language? 54...hmm, yeah a bit. : )

D pad is the cross one next to the left analogue/toggle stick.

Push down on that to select different voice chats.

MasterProtector
05-22-2017, 09:13 PM
we have someone in their 70s on xbox NA but i will abstain from naming them, but bentu is right we have quiet a few older players on the game.

PacificGypsy
05-23-2017, 04:38 PM
we have someone in their 70s on xbox NA but i will abstain from naming them, but bentu is right we have quiet a few older players on the game.

And here I thought I'd get a free PP for being the oldest. Yeah, I know. Maybe I could join the 'This ain't Pong Clan'.

Fallen_Aingeal
05-23-2017, 04:52 PM
We used to have a guy in his late 70's on ps3na.

I'm only 48 this year, but, it doesn't surprise me how many older players there really are!

PacificGypsy
05-23-2017, 07:21 PM
We used to have a guy in his late 70's on ps3na.

I'm only 48 this year, but, it doesn't surprise me how many older players there really are!

I'm glad to hear it, maybe it helps get rid of the thought of old means sittin' and waiting on death...'course when Resident Evil 4 came out I thought I would have a heart attack playing that game. Loved it.

crasher
05-24-2017, 06:31 AM
Back in the old days of this game, on PC/NA, I was a member of 'The Church of Awesome' clan.
We got in game voice chat in the clan channel ALL the time of a female player who was talking to people in game that we never heard, and she never heard us trying to converse with her.

It turned out that she was never in our clan, had never heard of our clan, and didn't know any of the people in our clan.
She later joined as a result of one of our players who managed to track her down and as I recall was a lot of fun in the clan.

It was just a (rare for this game) weird glitch in the code.
:rolleyes:

PacificGypsy
05-24-2017, 05:10 PM
Back in the old days of this game, on PC/NA, I was a member of 'The Church of Awesome' clan.
We got in game voice chat in the clan channel ALL the time of a female player who was talking to people in game that we never heard, and she never heard us trying to converse with her.

It turned out that she was never in our clan, had never heard of our clan, and didn't know any of the people in our clan.
She later joined as a result of one of our players who managed to track her down and as I recall was a lot of fun in the clan.

It was just a (rare for this game) weird glitch in the code.
:rolleyes:

Wow, how odd. Thank you very much, makes me feel Like I'm not losing my mind. Cool, I'll just keep it muted, my cat hates the sound of Defiance anyway. : )

Bloodbath82
05-25-2017, 05:47 AM
We used to have voice echos from other clans alot when I was in shadow wolves(360 na clan). Sometimes caused by an alt in another clan, sometimes it would be just a random player we could hear that was totaly unconnected to anyone. Defiance has been plagued with chat issues from the begining and though they "fixed" it alot of the old issues still lurk just beneath most peoples awareness but no you are not alone with this issue and you're not losing your mind lol. Good post i got a great kick out of it!;)

PacificGypsy
05-26-2017, 05:33 PM
We used to have voice echos from other clans alot when I was in shadow wolves(360 na clan). Sometimes caused by an alt in another clan, sometimes it would be just a random player we could hear that was totaly unconnected to anyone. Defiance has been plagued with chat issues from the begining and though they "fixed" it alot of the old issues still lurk just beneath most peoples awareness but no you are not alone with this issue and you're not losing your mind lol. Good post i got a great kick out of it!;)

Yeah, it is reassuring that others have had the same problem. Still can't find or leave my clan, but I've been playing like this for a bit and I'll just continue. Thanks for the post.