PDA

View Full Version : Defiance is f2p game or p2w ?

Techno348
05-23-2017, 09:24 AM
Do defiance is a game of skill according to you? The point is, for example, in your opinion a free player (no dlc and bits ) is able to normally compete with what he has all the extras and regularly uses the bit store.

Briggz
05-23-2017, 09:30 AM
You don't understand business. In most cases f2p = p2w.

Fallen_Aingeal
05-23-2017, 09:32 AM
To use the verb "compete", is inapplicable in Defi.

Competing isn't an issue in the PVE aspect of the game, unless you're one of "those" types. Score means absolutely nothing, except you get a "few" more rewards that aren't game breaking.

In pvp, I have seen players do great with non-jackpot weapons.

Ultimately, the game is f2p with options to purchase the chance at better.

Bentu
05-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Just my opinion but it's whatever you want it to be, you can play the game to have some fun or jump in feet first and splurge if you can afford it but be warned even splurging is attached to trions rng.

Techno348
05-23-2017, 09:48 AM
To use the verb "compete", is inapplicable in Defi.

Competing isn't an issue in the PVE aspect of the game, unless you're one of "those" types. Score means absolutely nothing, except you get a "few" more rewards that aren't game breaking.

In pvp, I have seen players do great with non-jackpot weapons.

Ultimately, the game is f2p with options to purchase the chance at better.

That's what I wanted to know.

Techno348
05-23-2017, 09:50 AM
You don't understand business. In most cases f2p = p2w.

Yes , but in majority of p2w games , free users weren't able to beat premium users. In f2p it's rarely .

mitch00uk
05-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Yes , but in majority of p2w games , free users weren't able to beat premium users. In f2p it's rarely .

Before i had jp's i got high scores on scoreboards nearly all the time, , So its possible to compete in the game, But when it comes to expo's which i don't do many i think that's when you need top gear to get into top tiers

LeeLeeBelle
05-23-2017, 11:33 AM
I think there are a lot of people that paid and are still waiting on the win part, myself included.

Logain
05-23-2017, 12:15 PM
Before i had jp's i got high scores on scoreboards nearly all the time, , So its possible to compete in the game, But when it comes to expo's which i don't do many i think that's when you need top gear to get into top tiers

Actually there are cheap (or were cheap at the time) gear that you could get to compete in expos easily. Plate Slicer gear paired with Blackened Fire gear non named stuff and do very well. (Actually still use the PS gear in expos). For the longest time my best loadout was a Sup Bio Ranger with PS and a Sup TMP with Purge (replaced with a Sup Fire TMP with Spinal Tap).

Now with all the events even non-named guns are better than some older JPs. Cleansing Napalm coupled with Life Steal guns are a perfect setup for the Expos. Another gear set is Guard Armament which is great for expos as well.

Then with those guns you can get better OJ Rigs from said expos.

Kuroro
05-23-2017, 12:17 PM
you can play it for free, but you must pay to win some stuffs, like all free games

Aliasse
05-23-2017, 12:47 PM
F2p since you can get everything via trading

Calm like a Bomb
05-23-2017, 01:25 PM
...and some people will actually trade real currency (ps3 cards) to get "everything" even though it's against Trions T.O.S.

konstantinov
05-24-2017, 05:35 AM
...and some people will actually trade real currency (ps3 cards) to get "everything" even though it's against Trions T.O.S.

It's the same repeat offenders every time. They'll come back for an event or 2, sell off everything via PSN and then rinse and repeat.

mitch00uk
05-24-2017, 09:16 AM

To me that's going to far, Patron is my limits, Also the price of stuff in the game is plain silly .

Calm like a Bomb
05-25-2017, 12:42 PM
It's the same repeat offenders every time. They'll come back for an event or 2, sell off everything via PSN and then rinse and repeat.

To me that's going to far, Patron is my limits, Also the price of stuff in the game is plain silly .

To each their own. If people want to spend real currency via psn cards to buy their gear then who am I to judge. At least they know exactly what their getting and don't have to rely on Trions RNG. I would never do that, I'm perfectly fine and content with the gear I've acquired playing the game but I know a few people that have traded hundreds of dollars worth of cards to get their desired gear. I find that to be slightly foolish knowing that the ps3 servers will probably be shutting down within the next 3-4 years since the ps2 servers didn't shut down for 15 years after its release....but as long as they are happy with their transactions then more power to them. Hopefully when the servers do eventually shut down they will be able to transfer their characters over to whatever platform that Defiance will be up and running on.

mitch00uk
05-25-2017, 01:17 PM
To each their own. If people want to spend real currency via psn cards to buy their gear then who am I to judge. At least they know exactly what their getting and don't have to rely on Trions RNG. I would never do that, I'm perfectly fine and content with the gear I've acquired playing the game but I know a few people that have traded hundreds of dollars worth of cards to get their desired gear. I find that to be slightly foolish knowing that the ps3 servers will probably be shutting down within the next 3-4 years since the ps2 servers didn't shut down for 15 years after its release....but as long as they are happy with their transactions then more power to them. Hopefully when the servers do eventually shut down they will be able to transfer their characters over to whatever platform that Defiance will be up and running on.

--Well maybe...just maybe with 3d and 4d printers becoming more and more real..they might be able to have a real mass cannon when trion close the servers and let you keep everything digital. hmm lol

Calm like a Bomb
05-25-2017, 01:45 PM
--Well maybe...just maybe with 3d and 4d printers becoming more and more real..they might be able to have a real mass cannon when trion close the servers and let you keep everything digital. hmm lol

Check out this thread Mitch
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?224463-So-im-making-a-defiance-cosplay..../page3

mitch00uk
05-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Check out this thread Mitch
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?224463-So-im-making-a-defiance-cosplay..../page3

lol it looks real good . One day the printers will be like the star trek replicators. You'll be able to download and print yourself a logic bomb to keep your kids busy while you have a quiet beer , kick back and play defiance 8 ( with same servers as now)

Raharu
05-26-2017, 12:35 PM
I think there are a lot of people that paid and are still waiting on the win part, myself included.

I can't disagree xD It's been fun, though.