PDA

View Full Version : Please don't stop the events.

BruceOpulent
05-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Not only does the game become insanely boring, the lag is also way worse without events. I can't even open my inventory without lag. Now i understand why the game is a ghost town without events, the lag makes it unplayable.

mitch00uk
05-25-2017, 10:00 AM
Not only does the game become insanely boring, the lag is also way worse without events. I can't even open my inventory without lag. Now i understand why the game is a ghost town without events, the lag makes it unplayable.

--
It is boring and i never understood we need a break argument, Because no one is forced to play the events, And everything that is on during events is also on during non events.

I think it wud have been amazing if they allowed out-break to run for an extra week to make up for the down time. But hey what do i know...well i know i'm bored

BruceOpulent
05-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Please do never stop the events. If someone wants a break they can take a break. But those of us who want to play and pay for patron can play the events. I can't play pvp, co-ops, expos. I tried expos, my whole group got disconnected after the first room, twice. I tried pvp, there were 3 invisible players and the rubberbanding was insane. Got disconnected when i entered co-op(twice). I can't even talk or trade because of the lag. I almost lost 35 mil when trading because of the mad lag. I want a refund for the 2 weeks of patron between the event during which I can't even play the event.

Tashinka
05-25-2017, 10:11 AM
Not only does the game become insanely boring, the lag is also way worse without events. I can't even open my inventory without lag. Now i understand why the game is a ghost town without events, the lag makes it unplayable.In my experience the lag is worse during events, specifically at event major arkfalls (especially outbreak at the beginning (it got better)) - but if the majority of players want constant events, then by all means

BruceOpulent
05-25-2017, 10:15 AM
In my experience the lag is worse during events, specifically at event major arkfalls (especially outbreak at the beginning (it got better)) - but if the majority of players want constant events, then by all means
The game isn't just laggy. If I couldn't handle the lag I wouldn't have kept playing defiance for 3 years. But right now, the game is unplayable. It has been that way since outbreak ended. I can't open my inventory even after a fresh login. I just got disconnected after 5 minutes of doing nothing. Defiance has never been a stable game by any means. But this is just crazy.

Light Energy
05-25-2017, 10:30 AM
Well there will be people who want non-stop events, people who want a bit of a break, and people somewhere in between. Everyone is different: some players want everything fast paced, others like to go "slow and steady" :).
It Trion's place to try and please most players and get the balance right.
I've actually found the gaps between events tend to have smoother in-game performance, but YMMV (different platforms / servers / times of the day etc). Also, it was great to do a Volge incursion with a lot of players for change, the other day :).

One argument for a longer break is to give the Devs more time to fix long standing bugs or work on the inventory, proper new content etc...whether that will actually happen is another matter.

It is boring and i never understood we need a break argument, Because no one is forced to play the events, And everything that is on during events is also on during non events.
Destro did say something along the lines of "You can do whatever you want to do" and that's why they make the events 3 weeks so people can do a bit of everything.

That is of course true, but the problems I have experienced are:

1) it can be very difficult finding players just to do the daily/weekly coops for contracts (stuff which needs a full group of 4).
2) if you try to get people to do something different they will say "I'm at a major" or "after this major" :eek:.
3) if you do eventually get a group of 4, the others want to rush through as quickly as possible so they don't miss a major. The players who are in the biggest rush can actually become quite abusive due to their impatience.
4) there is major arkfall fatigue syndrome paired with FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) :eek::D.

You can do whatever you want to do, unless it is dependant on other players.

Basically, a portion of the contracts are almost impossible to complete. I don't know about PvP, but maybe it is harder to get the necessary numbers there when events are on?

A solution that has been mentioned before is to make it possible to do the coops with fewer players or solo. At least then, if you just want to do your contracts that day/session, you can :). If others just want to do the event arkfalls, that's fine also...

Altras
05-25-2017, 10:35 AM
I've been noticing a higher latency with the lesser population.
Error404:Logic Not Found

mitch00uk
05-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Well there will be people who want non-stop events, people who want a bit of a break, and people somewhere in between. Everyone is different: some players want everything fast paced, others like to go "slow and steady" :).
It Trion's place to try and please most players and get the balance right.
I've actually found the gaps between events tend to have smoother in-game performance, but YMMV (different platforms / servers / times of the day etc). Also, it was great to do a Volge incursion with a lot of players for change, the other day :).

One argument for a longer break is to give the Devs more time to fix long standing bugs or work on the inventory, proper new content etc...whether that will actually happen is another matter.

Destro did say something along the lines of "You can do whatever you want to do" and that's why they make the events 3 weeks so people can do a bit of everything.

That is of course true, but the problems I have experienced are:

1) it can be very difficult finding players just to do the daily/weekly coops for contracts (stuff which needs a full group of 4).
2) if you try to get people to do something different they will say "I'm at a major" or "after this major" :eek:.
3) if you do eventually get a group of 4, the others want to rush through as quickly as possible do they don't miss a major. The players who are in the biggest rush can actually become quite abusive due to their impatience.
4) there is major arkfall fatigue syndrome paired with FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) :eek::D.

You can do whatever you want to do, unless it is dependant on other players.

Basically, a portion of the contracts are almost impossible to complete. I don't know about PvP, but maybe it is harder to get the necessary numbers there when events are on?

A solution that has been mentioned before is to make it possible to do the coops with fewer players or solo. At least then, if you just want to do your contracts that day/session, you can :). If others just want to do the event arkfalls, that's fine also...

-Yeah i do agree its hard for them to strike a balance that please most people. And there are many factors that we don't take into account when dissing or moaning.

Also even though i am back tracking a bit on what i said, When events are on i do feel pressure to do them, Because maybe i think i'm missing out . Before i got on the phrase jumping lark, I hated it as i had to click the map up every 1 minute in case i missed a major and due to not yet jumping phrases they were at a premuim. And didn't like starting a event because i had to keep checking map and when a major pops up i have to up and leave there and then.

so yes i do understand what your saying.

upper
05-25-2017, 10:42 AM
It's actually easier to start a coop map during events due to more people being online.

A solution that has been mentioned before is to make it possible to do the coops with fewer players or solo.

I wish they would do it.

1 week break is fine, but 2 weeks are a bit...:confused:

ZamboniChaos
05-25-2017, 11:12 AM
In general, we agree that events are a lot of fun. However, we also want to make sure that they remain fun and we're aware of the delicate balance that's needed in order to ensure that happens. Thanks for the feedback!

daniel lk
05-25-2017, 11:15 AM
At least now that there is no event, we find pvp and coop rooms, during event these rooms become deserted, even the incursion there are enough people doing this week on the PC.

BruceOpulent
05-25-2017, 11:22 AM
At least now that there is no event, we find pvp and coop rooms, during event these rooms become deserted, even the incursion there are enough people doing this week on the PC.

Actually it's harder to get any match started due to lesser population. Also it doesn't matter if you get in the match because it will be too laggy to play anyway.

ratpie
05-25-2017, 11:38 AM
i enjoy the break to catchup on movies shows and get some dailys done with no rush to get to the next major.

noaQuracy
05-25-2017, 11:43 AM

yeah ... and now that there's no event, we can't blame the afk'ers for the insane lag. So, as the op said 'please don't stop the events' so we could continue flaming them.

Lightning19
05-25-2017, 01:04 PM
I also don't care much for the breaks...As stated already...want a break..take one, or don't play event arkfalls. I was disappointed to hear about the delay in next event. I purchased my patron pass to take take advantage of the past event and a good portion of the next one. Now I'm stuck with 2 weeks of patron during non event time. You would think the 3 weeks during the last event as well as a week before the next, would be enough time to prepare the next event but I guess not.

FistPumper
05-25-2017, 01:19 PM
I have an idea, if you don't like the breaks play something else. I use this time to work on my projects, I have friends in this game so we make it fun. If doing expos and stuff isn't your thing, then maybe you picked the wrong game to play.

richardkrainium
05-25-2017, 05:58 PM
part of the reason as to why the game is insanely boring between events IS because of the non stop events. basically what they have succeeded in doing was completely destroy the entire core of the game for the sake of the non stop cash grab. all core syns are now useless, expos are almost pointless now except to farm chips, and NOTHING has been done to fix all the bugs. people say" ya dont have to do the events, not like they are forcing you to do them" but actually they are cause there is nothing else to do thanks to the condition of the rest of the game

Mckllrx
05-25-2017, 06:12 PM
part of the reason as to why the game is insanely boring between events IS because of the non stop events. basically what they have succeeded in doing was completely destroy the entire core of the game for the sake of the non stop cash grab. all core syns are now useless, expos are almost pointless now except to farm chips, and NOTHING has been done to fix all the bugs. people say" ya dont have to do the events, not like they are forcing you to do them" but actually they are cause there is nothing else to do thanks to the condition of the rest of the game

Agree with everything you said^ instead of having a new event every month how about fixing the many many bugs and make the core game fun itself

crasher
05-25-2017, 06:17 PM

Agree with everything you said^ instead of having a new event every month how about fixing the many many bugs and make the core game fun itself

*Like*

Cyprix
05-25-2017, 08:26 PM
yeah ... and now that there's no event, we can't blame the afk'ers for the insane lag. So, as the op said 'please don't stop the events' so we could continue flaming them.

Hahaha!
I allways say the Alts and Afk players are not the problem.
But someone must be the *piep* for the envy community.

BruceOpulent
05-25-2017, 10:19 PM
I have an idea, if you don't like the breaks play something else. I use this time to work on my projects, I have friends in this game so we make it fun. If doing expos and stuff isn't your thing, then maybe you picked the wrong game to play.

I have an idea, read the thread before posting something.
How can i play with friends when there's no one on?
How can i do expeditions when the game is laggy as hell without events?

Mr B
05-26-2017, 12:10 AM

Nuff said.

KevinVonBach
05-26-2017, 07:17 AM

Winner winner chicken dinner!!

*runs off to play more Friday the 13th*

r1p
05-26-2017, 07:21 AM
Class, welcome to Basic Logic 101. This class should be a piece of cake unfortunately some of you are going to fail anyways.

Let's begin with what we know:

There are only a few developers working on the game.
New events are being release every month.
The game contains numerous bugs and is laggy.
The lag is getting worse with every release.

So what should this tell us?

The aren't enough resources to fix bugs and put out new events every month and unless the devs stop working on events to fix the bugs the lag is never going away and in all likelihood will just continue to get worse.

Any questions?

THE ROCKS
05-26-2017, 08:08 AM
Look in general people who have great rngs and who pull stuff are gonna want them to keep going but I could go a LONG time without an event and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest it would give me time to expo and give me time to PvP without constant arkfall lag and this other stuff you try doing a shadow war on Xbox NA with an event major in that phase Naw its not gonna go so well with people phasing every minute or two so please devs stop the events for a while put it back to where it was the usual maybe 5-6 events a year Ty

crasher
05-26-2017, 10:13 PM
Class, welcome to Basic Logic 101. This class should be a piece of cake unfortunately some of you are going to fail anyways.

The aren't enough resources to fix bugs and put out new events every month and unless the devs stop working on events to fix the bugs the lag is never going away and in all likelihood will just continue to get worse.

Any questions?
Nupe.
That about covers it.

Lycan Nightshade
05-27-2017, 02:20 AM
Sorry im still trying to figure out how less people= more lag....... o.O

stefb42
05-27-2017, 03:28 AM

Any questions?

Except before events and stuff came along there still wasn't enough devs and still nothing ever got fixed so maybe I'm missing your point? Oh thats right they fixed the despawning cars didnt they, only took them 2 years to find that 1 fix, and with a bigger dev team :/

BruceOpulent
05-27-2017, 03:45 AM
Sorry im still trying to figure out how less people= more lag....... o.O

Me too ....

Lycan Nightshade
05-28-2017, 01:19 AM
Here's the thing tho, im not lagging or even critting out anywhere near as bad now there is less people on... so at this point i have to go with the people asking for less events, for many many reasons.

XxX HEGEMONY XxX
05-28-2017, 04:58 AM
Here's a thought, have you ever tried to run a critical error test on web based Trion sites?

This is based off their link with W3C Developers using Markup XHTML Validations on a Unicorn Unified Validator.
Well after looking into the legally visible code by pressing (Ctrl + U) and running the CSS and RSS(as posted RSS2) coding with above said mentioned Validator, This forum in its entirety has the following.
CSS run(05/25/2017):
Level 1 692 Critical errors, 226 Warning errors
Level 2 195 Critical, 273 Warning
Level 2.1 186 Critical, 273 Warning
Level 3 98 Critical, 247 Warning
RSS2 run(05/25/2017):
0 Critical, 2 warning

Glyph site CSS run(05/25/2017):
Level 1 1338 Critical, 83 Warning
Level 2 563 Critical, 93 Warning
Level 2.1 592 Critical, 100 Warning
Level 3 235 Critical, 192 Warning

Glyph site RSS2 run(05/25/2017): not ran

Also have an entire thread as to how messed up it actually is. but I haven't delved into the mathematics of it all fully yet. I may need to but that would also dull peoples attention I believe because they do not care about the latency besides what simplistic ideals they can grasp onto.

I myself and those I play with find Latency during Events to be more of a nuisance than time without event's going on.
If they spent more time fixing what they had instead of throwing more content in maybe the game could be salvaged, as it stands the more complex coding they input into the game without a complete compression of the flash or images used(props, skins, etc) that will just keep compounding code after code after code and eventually it will just stop working.

No, instead of adding more content which means events, the present stuff needs a overhaul.

For those who only play during Event's, i do not know about most shards, but Xbox 360 NA is much better without the Event...well I can not say that word here..hmm.....Event Hoppers lets call them.
I understand not all Systems and Servers fall under this but I am speaking from a xbox 360 NA perspective Only for now, and do not twist this into I mean everything, each server has its own issues.
I myself can run incursions and Shadow War all day long. I would like it if the NPCs during Shadow Wars weren't interactive in the circumference of the shadow wars boundaries. but hey, I can list error after error after error and nothing will be done.

Lately the Latency has grown innumerable, why? compounding code. the Latency will not get better I guarantee it. Not even with their server stability Patches. They do not run Stress Tests. I just recently got added to the PTS and ill be doing my own Stress tests on the server. All my computer side Of course. ill also post what equipment i am running to give a general idea of what to expect. I will be using a few different computers for this too.

Now im tranfering my talk to PC based conversation.
Main computer however is a hand built tower.
HP Pavilion 23 desktop shell W/original Motherboard,
Dual I7 Processors with a Alienware Dual NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GTX 1080 Ti​ Graphics card
64GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2667Mhz <---Memory, Overkill I know but still bada**
No Wifi, hardlined only.

Second Computer is a Standard non-modified HP Pavilion 23

Third is a non-modified laptop HP 2000

oh I have 100Mbps so my Connectivity will not be a issue.

So I have plenty of stress tests to run for myself.

So if I get unfavorable testing on PC I can only imagine the horror PS and Xbox will suffer as well.

But I get what you are saying, and I hope you find the game enjoyable, to each their own how they want to play I say.

But I strongly wish the current content was fixed before more is introduced.

Ryim
05-28-2017, 05:07 AM
Here's a thought, have you ever tried to run a critical error test on web based Trion sites?

[snip]
No, instead of adding more content which means events, the present stuff needs a overhaul.

[snip]
But I strongly wish the current content was fixed before more is introduced.

First, I had to ask a techhead friend to explain all that. What a mess. However, I'm betting the good % of the readers here will not understand that, nor have the means (nor inclination) to get it explained to them. Perhaps you should try using a simplified blurb at the beginning to explain, then post the tech data after.

Second, for the snips of your post that I quoted: Don't hold your breath.

XxX HEGEMONY XxX
05-28-2017, 06:50 AM
First, I had to ask a techhead friend to explain all that. What a mess. However, I'm betting the good % of the readers here will not understand that, nor have the means (nor inclination) to get it explained to them. Perhaps you should try using a simplified blurb at the beginning to explain, then post the tech data after.

Second, for the snips of your post that I quoted: Don't hold your breath.

Yeah no i get your point, I don't expect it to be fixed just noting and pointing out a few things. as to dubbing it down, ehhhh nty. i dubbed it down far enough to make sense to those who know what it is, if someone doesn't probably means they haven't run one or don't know what it is, so they do not really need to worry about it unless ofc they actually give a crap about the servers. so it isn't a mess to anyone who actually can understand it.

but I do also get your point, people are not that bright. gotcha

richardkrainium
05-29-2017, 12:55 AM
well, ya got your wish. guess trion didnt remove the event patch properly cause we have had 2 outbreak mjrs tonight on xbox na

ratpie
05-29-2017, 01:09 AM
well, ya got your wish. guess trion didnt remove the event patch properly cause we have had 2 outbreak mjrs tonight on xbox na

its back up on my 6th major