PDA

View Full Version : Cloak is broken.

Raserei
04-07-2013, 06:22 PM
People shoot while cloaked and sometimes they are still invisible. This is a game breaking bug. Add to that shotguns and you got the frustration we have in PvP.

WARBOSS
04-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Can you make a video of this please mam?

Jack Johnson
04-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm honestly surprised that cloak doesn't just end when you fire, that you can go back into stealth while the duration is still going. That's what breaks it. Nothing is more annoying than some guy stealthing up, failing a kill, and then escaping with the same cloak.

Game needs an optical sight that lets you see through stealth IMO.

cfStatic
You only become partially visible when firing a single shot, and become more and more visible the more you fire until it's like you're not using the power at all. Any behavior outside of this is a graphic bug and should be reported.

Forsaken Demon
Can you make a video of this please mam?

He's got a point except for the last part. I'm not sure if the last part was typo, truth or trolling.

Grimno
04-07-2013, 06:32 PM
I kinda feel cloak needs to have more visability if the person using it moves. The faster/more they move, the more they become visable.
I was with some allies and a guy runs RIGHT to me cloaked, uncloaks in front of me and unloads with a shotgun.
I should have been able to see him if he got THAT close and ran through everyone.

Rush
04-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Cloak is NOT broken. your basing this off of pvp your asking them to make the competivness easier because you cnat handle the flames. stop complaining about cloak, its fine the way it is. what they need to do is drop the effectiveness of maybe aim or clip capacity while in cloak. there is really nothing wrong with cloak. there should be a neg perk to cloak. thats it.

Rush
04-07-2013, 06:42 PM
radar detection should be eliminated, that solves everything in pvp

Raserei
04-07-2013, 06:49 PM
cloak is broken

DTwO
04-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Cloak is broken...for some reason while reloading in cloak,makes you reload your weapon twice :/ i havent reported the bug cause im lazy and im sure others have already done so lol

Vhailas
04-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Cloak is broken...for some reason while reloading in cloak,makes you reload your weapon twice :/ i havent reported the bug cause im lazy and im sure others have already done so lol
I can confirm this.
Also, I wish I could summon the minigun from the docks mission as a power.

velvet
04-07-2013, 06:55 PM

Overcharge does this as well

nateD
04-07-2013, 06:58 PM

Weapon reloading is broken regardless of the cloak. I love to reload my pump shotgun twice or even three times... shell by shell...

DS Triggah
04-07-2013, 07:01 PM
i will say the other day after coming out of cloak enemys were walking past me yes i did kill them because im not gonna sit there and do nothing because the game is broke its only happend once and was annoying i know nobody could see me and i could happly kill them awful bug for strict pvpers :/
People shoot while cloaked and sometimes they are still invisible. This is a game breaking bug. Add to that shotguns and you got the frustration we have in PvP.

Bob fromAccounting
04-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Cloak isn't broken for PvP, the only thing that is broken are the people that have zero common sense. Yes you can shoot and recloak. There are skills that even allow you to extend cloak for each crit kill while cloaked. Try playing around with some respecs and start using your heads. Decoy nullifies all cloakers. Hitting your Damage boost Ego skill and spraying and area (or using a scatter shotgun) will wreak havok on a cloaker. Also don't forget the fire effect grenades. I am a cloaker. I've always played that style. When someone cloaks on me (close) i run and air spin + spray, then roll, run, repeat. If they cloak distance I just reposition. When a cloak is down, they have no escape, so thats when I use my ego boost.

As a cloaker I constantly get owned by the 1 shot genade launcher/Rocket launcher +damage EGO boost players. Then there is the non stop 2 shot kills from the speed boosters, and the ever annoying Decoy users that just love to wreak havok on my cloak and teleport away from me, while keeping constant pressure up from rifle fire. Its not all roses and free kills for a cloaker. Try playing a few days as one in PvP and then cry.

munrock
04-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Cloak is broken when you fire your weapon or take damage, and then cloak is re-established shortly afterwards.

That is the only kind of 'broken' that happens to cloak.

cfStatic
04-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Cloak is broken when you fire your weapon or take damage, and then cloak is re-established shortly afterwards.

It's several seconds before complete re-cloaking. If you see someone and can't shoot them before they re-enter cloak again(which will make them appear again btw), then the problem isn't cloak, it's you.

thejx4
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
I no longer care about Cloak being "broken". It pissed me off before, but not anymore. Ya know why? Because I only play Shadow for PvP now. You're mostly likely going to be trying to stealth kill someone, while a squad is standing around you, and it won't work. Snipers are usually in normal PvP, but I've been taking out cloaked objective defenders who are up on a hill all day. It's fun, Cloak feels like it belongs, you can counter it more efficiently in Shadow War. I've run over 4 people I didn't even see, lol. Stop playing the ****ty corridor maps, and hop into Shadow War. Marin and Mount Tam are usually good places to queue up.

They need to have "bases" for combat vehicles though, they don't seem to appear in the same spot every time. Honestly, the competitive pvp makes the game look bad when this amazing experience is being ignored because it's kinda tedious to get into. Hope they try to market Shadow War as the go to PvP mode. Add some incentives. I went 15-0, was the top player with 8 captures, and I got 800 xp and a keycode.

Corun
04-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Overpower doesn't end after each shot and neither does the other EGO powers, therefore I see no reason to nerf cloak.

Ibunshi
04-11-2013, 12:01 PM
there is nothing wrong with cloaking in PvP, people moaning about it seem to be the ones that can't handle it because they just want to run around and shoot at anything they can see, and things being harder to see is obviously annoying and therefore "broken" which is kinda lame to moan about as it is on the same level as someone moaning about Decoy because they get fooled by it, or Overcharge because you take more damage from people using it, or Blur, because people being fast are harder to hit

what actually IS broken though, is stealth gameplay overall, or rather how the AI reacts to cloaked players is the biggest issue... it seems they always know where you are even if you have sneaked behind them whilst being cloaked and try to activate something for example, then they magically know you are there and you are forced to kill them all before completing the objective, making stealth all kinda pointless...

i like playing sneaky characters, and the immersion and gameplay just gets ruined by enemies that knows where you are even if there is no good reason for it

in my experience it is not so much a cloaking device as it is a feature that stops enemies from shooting at you, and then walking towards your new, supposedly hidden location and starting to shoot at you when the cloak is deactivated, making it more useful as shield recharger than anything stealth.. i'm not sure if this always happen, but way too often, to the point i got bored and turned more to 'run and gun' as there is less that breaks the game immersion there..

what should happen is that the AI should start searching for you and not just magically know your location.. and another weak thing if you play the sniper stealth character is that too often enemies that are not visible and out of range, stopping you from putting a bullet in them... but they can still see and shoot you, forcing you to get closer, making the whole sniper business a bit pointless too, and you might just as well run up to them with machine guns

this is on the 360 though, so i suspect that on PC, the draw distance is better and you can see enemies farther away....

great game, but needs a lot of polishing, feels like they have tried to do too much and failed with certain details when it comes to stealth

dash x73
04-12-2013, 12:15 PM
I agree cloak sucks against higher level pve

fishboy11
04-12-2013, 12:17 PM

its not just in cloak, theres other things that make it happen too, its especially bad with pump shotguns, sometimes after reloading your bullets will go back to 0 and the bullets you just loaded are lost from your ammo count, theres a lot of bugs with reloading, even when standing still and reloading it sometimes bugs

fang1192
04-12-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm honestly surprised that cloak doesn't just end when you fire, that you can go back into stealth while the duration is still going. That's what breaks it. Nothing is more annoying than some guy stealthing up, failing a kill, and then escaping with the same cloak.
Game needs an optical sight that lets you see through stealth IMO.

Fine. I think overcharge should end after one shot, Decoy should end if it gets shot or you teleport, and blur should stop after 10 meters.