PDA

View Full Version : Shrill Buster - Pursuit weapon, paid for mods?

Light Energy
05-31-2017, 12:09 PM
A friend and I were doing Shrill arkfalls to get the pursuit done and now we both have Shrill Busters. Great or so I thought… then I realised the synergy was Epidemic (a weapon synergy, not backpack synergy). Then I realised that the synergy is only available from the Loyalty vendor…oh dear.

Doing a little reading, it seems this has been an issue for a while. I almost can’t be bothered to post this :eek: (I think I know the outcome) – but then I still think of my friend and all the new players who are and will still be completing the pursuit…oh what the heck, I've written it now! :)

It reminds me of getting Sleigh Bells during the Solstice Strike 2016! No chance of getting mods for that (although I didn’t like the weapon, so that is some consolation :D LOL).

My questions are:
1) Was it always intended to be a side earner?
2) Could the shrill arkfalls drop Epidemic mods?
3) Could a supply crate with a full set of T2 or T3 mods be added to a vendor or something?

If it was always intended as a rather dubious money earner, that seems a bit questionable but maybe it is indicative of the inner workings at Trion?

At least with most pursuit weapons you either can get the mods from the current event or get a backpack synergy.
Why are only certain pursuit weapons given this treatment?
It seems a bit random (that’s Trion of course!).
Maybe because the Shrill were added later on, someone (in marketing) thought it was a cool idea to make some more dough? :confused: Did that even work? :confused:

That thought has crossed my mind.
As it stands now they're just completely outta luck and can either vend it or keep it and never get to use the syn.

If nothing else attach a special lockbox to the pursuit with 1 of every t3 ar mod with the syn so that the players when they complete it can at least use the syn and pick and choose what mods they want on it.
That is what I was thinking :).

I find it hard to believe that absolutely no one on the dev team considered future players when they decided to make the Buster a pursuit reward. Hopefully the Synergy becomes something available in game similar to Paradise.
Yeah...this didn't happen as far as I can tell :(.

They have said that they will introduce a way of getting a mod set for the Shrill Buster , I think.
Did this ever happen? If not, why not? :)

This quote seems to sum it up:

Unless you already have epidemic ar mods, the shrill buster is useless. The bit box for epidemic was only available for March. The mods do not and will never drop in-game. T3 epidemic mods for ar will cost you a small fortune let alone t4 mods.

Do the pursuits for the 40 ego. Scrap the gun.

PS: If you got this far, thanks for reading, I know it was a rather long!

References:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?245625-Shrill-Buster
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?240937-Getting-Shrill-buster
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?234905-Shrill-buster-gun

mitch00uk
05-31-2017, 12:52 PM
This post brang back a memory , There was a time when i got a t5 Shrilltech Berserker , All i remember was suddenly having it, I was quite new. So maybe i got a loyalty box or something. I realy do not know.

But i was running around trying to mod it, I didnt know at the time they didnt drop. Still don't have the mods.

I'd love it though if you did get the sgy from shrill events. Great idea

Johnny Dbag
05-31-2017, 01:36 PM
The thing with sleigh bells is that it was the pursuit gun from solstice strike 2015, when the mods did drop. Shill buster, yeah, you're up a creek or spamming zone.

shogunofthedark
05-31-2017, 03:09 PM
This is the same with every event pursuit jack pot gun when new people get them during the next years arkfalls they'll get 2 guns or possibly 3 guns they cant mod. Its not only those, I am pretty sure you cannot get spinal tap infector mods from the loyalty box, but you can spend 500 loyalty on the spinal tap infector.

Trogathorna
05-31-2017, 03:45 PM
I am pretty sure you cannot get spinal tap infector mods from the loyalty box, but you can spend 500 loyalty on the spinal tap infector.

Actually you can pull infector mods from ST loyalty boxes,i've pulled quite a few

ratpie
05-31-2017, 10:01 PM
It reminds me of getting Sleigh Bells during the Solstice Strike 2016! No chance of getting mods for that (although I didnít like the weapon, so that is some consolation :D LOL).

thats my daily goto gun right there, its a hidden beast.

had the same problem for the shrill buster with no mods.
i did get a t4 moded br from exchange along time ago, fat chance ill break that down for it.

konstantinov
06-01-2017, 03:06 AM
thats my daily goto gun right there, its a hidden beast.

had the same problem for the shrill buster with no mods.
i did get a t4 moded br from exchange along time ago, fat chance ill break that down for it.

The shrill blast rifle was untradable.

ratpie
06-01-2017, 09:16 AM

yea i dont think its named could be an ar, ill check when i get home. dont use it much but it puts that green stuff down.

ok yea i was wrong, its a oj shrilltech assault rifle.

Bloodbath82
06-02-2017, 08:37 PM

You beat me to it lol I have the br and yes it's a nontradeable love it though so worth the bits supremed it same day and dmg mastered it right after mean lil taser