PDA

View Full Version : A little Rig help

chow1116
06-03-2017, 01:22 PM
I just tried asking clan this same question and some have a working loophole that apparently doesn't work when i do it lol. Ive been on and off defiance for a while and i remember having this issue before i took a long hiatus. When trying to equip chips onto a rig, if i have multiple chips that can go in the same slot, i cannot select anyting but the first chip. I cant scroll and pic any chip from my inventory. Anyone else on PS3 have this issue? Its probably a noob question nowadays but still, was wondering if there was ever a fix or a way around it. Thanks guys.

Light Energy
06-03-2017, 02:16 PM
I'm on PC (but use an XBox controller): I have this issue sometimes and I seem to recall someone also mentioning (on the forum) the work around I use:

Basically, I move the thumbpad left and right a bit (this may favorite or unfavorite items) and then I can move the selection up and down again. I use this work around on different inventory lists, when it sometimes gets stuck. Afterwards, make sure that items you want favorited have not become unfavorited...

Hope this helps :)

If not, I'm sure a PS3 user will be able to suggest something...

Trogathorna
06-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Yea, you have to unfavorite and favorite it a 3 or 4 times. Then you should be able to scroll

konstantinov
06-03-2017, 02:49 PM
With all the knowledgeable pro players in your clan, I can't believe that none of them could tell you how to get this working.

chow1116
06-03-2017, 03:28 PM
they told me the fav/unfav thing...and i tried it...it just hasnt worked for me...so seeing if anyone else had any other work arounds....

Johnny Dbag
06-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Like the others have said, you need to favorite/unfavorite the chip multiple times. If that does not work, leave the salvage matrix, move your toon around a bit, rinse and repeat.

BarrySciFi
06-03-2017, 06:32 PM
This is what has always worked for me:

Unfavorite a chip. Then choose to break it down. When the confirmation pops up that says do you want to break the chip down yes or no- choose no. Then you will be able to move the cursor up and down the list of chips that you have. Be careful, lag has caused me to break down a few chips by mistake. Just go slow and you will be fine.

Apex Duster
06-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Happens to me everytime, i just press R2 or L2 and problem solved. Hope yours too.

SabeR TooFF
06-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Unplugging my system and replugging it always works for me ;3

chow1116
06-04-2017, 03:41 PM
thanks for the suggestions everyone...after trying the fav/unfav thing multiple times again and failing...i tried the L2 button as mentioned in a previous post...worked the first time...

the real question is...why are we having to have to work around this instead of it just working as intended....lol

Iceberg
06-04-2017, 05:43 PM
thanks for the suggestions everyone...after trying the fav/unfav thing multiple times again and failing...i tried the L2 button as mentioned in a previous post...worked the first time...

the real question is...why are we having to have to work around this instead of it just working as intended....lol

Probably not a priority for the dev team to fix, or if they can fix it.