PDA

View Full Version : New Hoverbike: TMW Falcon

OverDoneOne
06-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Just one question about this new bike.

Can you actually fire a weapon from it ?

The ad picture shows the rider holding a shotgun as if he can actually shoot with it.

ratpie
06-05-2017, 01:58 PM

The ad picture shows the rider holding a shotgun as if he can actually shoot with it.

i dint see him shooting with it during the livestream.

anyone know how many bits is this thing gonna set me back?

just checked 2600 without patron / 2340 with.

Light Energy
06-05-2017, 02:04 PM

My guess...it is highly unlikely :(.

If it was possible, they should/would have demonstrated this feature in the live stream and publicised it.

The ads for events/packs etc are staged (the limbs etc are always manually positioned for photogenic reasons) and they get enemies to stand all nicely together and pose for the virtual camera :)...in essence they take a bit of an artistic licence with them.

ratpie
06-05-2017, 02:11 PM
nope you cant shoot with it, im at water temple if you wanna check it out.

lolz at the double dmg roll on the blast hatcher, not even that can save this weak gun.

Mckllrx
06-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Does the bike still drag on the ground like it did on the stream? Might buy this but not if it's still like it was on the stream

ratpie
06-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Does the bike still drag on the ground like it did on the stream? Might buy this but not if it's still like it was on the stream

on the road its pretty close but off the ground, man this thing has crazy recharge speed
you can let boost go for 2 sec and its full again before you even start to slow down.

the first major we got ended @ 20min, so we should be able to get enough finals to get some decent karma.
ty trion!

Mckllrx
06-05-2017, 03:07 PM
on the road its pretty close but off the ground, man this thing has crazy recharge speed
you can let boost go for 2 sec and its full again before you even start to slow down.

the first major we got ended @ 20min, so we should be able to get enough finals to get some decent karma.
ty trion!

Might go ahead and buy it,friend said it gos really fast

Bloodbath82
06-05-2017, 09:16 PM
love the hover bike don't like the invisible wheels though gets some crazy air from the awesome boost but seems like the speed causes crits in SV

Light Energy
06-05-2017, 11:57 PM

Pretty much - I don't think anything has been changed. Certainly no indication these suggestions (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?257982-Falcon-hoverbike&p=2014370&viewfull=1#post2014370) were even seen :(.

I bought the pack anyway :o 1) because I also wanted to see the shotgun and get the outfit and 2) because I wanted to test it's handling etc.

I haven't finished testing it out, but these are my pros and cons (so far):

Pros
1) It's fast.
2) Boost recharge rate is excellent.
3) As a result of 1+2, you can climb hills/mountains faster etc.
4) Slightly narrower.
5) Whilst the overall aesthetics are not completely to my taste, I can appreciate the amount of work that went into the design. The way the front thrusters turn, for example.

Cons
1) Too close to the ground IMHO.
2) Has squeeky invisible wheels and leaves tyre tracks sometimes! :eek:
3) Handles a bit too much like a quad in turning etc.
4) Still seem to slide down slopes backwards when trying to climb terrain. Logically, if a vehicle is already off the ground and moving vertically upwards, it should be able to keep going. Obviously, this is where the quad mechanics are more noticable: because then things like traction, torque and wheel spin are applied.
5) The front thrusters never seem to fire (like they do in the ad).

https://s10.postimg.org/bjbvpykdl/falcon_ground.png

I think I know why it is like that...less work :) ...because of the position of the player. If the legs were bent more at the knee, the bike's chassis could be shorter, and then there would be a bigger gap between the bike and the ground. And I'm guessing they didn't make the bike have a bigger vertical offset in order to keep the overall position of the player the same as a quad?

Most of the cons aren't a big deal, but I think some would want it to be more different from the quad it is based on?

I will post some more pics and get the stats as well...

Light Energy
06-06-2017, 11:17 AM
I will post some more pics and get the stats as well...

Please see: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?258290-Falcon-Hover-Bike-%96-More-lift-or-less-bulk

I will get the stats screenshot from today's Defiance session.

gulac
06-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Logically, if a vehicle is already off the ground and moving vertically upwards, it should be able to keep going.

Gravity Sux

Cyprix
06-09-2017, 12:50 AM
Need a new sound!
I hear tires at sliding ?!
I see wheelslides on the ground?!

Hey fix this!
Thats stahko!
I payed money for flying bike not for quad without wheels!

OokamiXIII
06-10-2017, 06:55 PM
The hover bike is pretty sweet, and it seems to handle a bit better than a quad. Would really lile to be able to use it in shadow war, and to not see tire marks when i come cruising in...

Mewmew
06-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Yes the tires squeaking and tire marks are really sad... If it wasn't for the crazy stats on it I wouldn't want it because of that, but they made it so fast and so much easier to climb hills with that it sort of stinks to not have it if you're someone who spends on the game. Seriously check the stats on it...

http://www.defiancedata.com/item=1308/tmw-falcon-redblack

That speed and boost speed are really high, and although the boost tank is lower it fills up so very quickly that doesn't matter. Its normal speed is higher than most stuff's boost speed too.

Giozz22
06-11-2017, 10:36 PM
luv it look forward to more cars