PDA

View Full Version : Trion, really?

DSW
06-05-2017, 02:23 PM
thats beyond ******ed, you require us to *KILL*, as in, land the killshots, 25 mobs for each daily? how do you expect us to do it, if half of time your only time to hit any mob is to spam AoE blind?

and the finals last like 10 mins, so... GG...

Heliopteryx
06-07-2017, 11:51 PM
You don't need to land the kill shot. Just deal a good amount of damage to the enemy.

OverDoneOne
06-07-2017, 11:53 PM
You don't need to land the kill shot. Just deal a good amount of damage to the enemy.

I love it now everyone has to play and not just a few :p

doctordabs
06-08-2017, 04:51 PM
No.
worse.
We're not allowed to use guns that have range of more than a few meters or you wont get credit for a kill..

because you know.. after spending an entire arkfall doing what snipers do (shooting from range), trion literally states they dont want us attacking from a far range.. yet gives us the tools to do it.....

Supposedly you get credit for running over the dead body which 1) is dumb.. snipers dont care about picking up loot that far away unless it's glowing purple we leave that junk on the ground
2) isn't true. i tested this for hours yesterday and lost over 200 kills to the new system
3) we just spend 30 mins grinding an AF and now we have to literally run around an empty battlefiend picking up invisible tokens without any clue as to weather or not we even are picking them up or just running around in a field..

another nail in the coffin.

Trogathorna
06-08-2017, 07:51 PM
No.
worse.
We're not allowed to use guns that have range of more than a few meters or you wont get credit for a kill..

because you know.. after spending an entire arkfall doing what snipers do (shooting from range), trion literally states they dont want us attacking from a far range.. yet gives us the tools to do it.....

Supposedly you get credit for running over the dead body which 1) is dumb.. snipers dont care about picking up loot that far away unless it's glowing purple we leave that junk on the ground
2) isn't true. i tested this for hours yesterday and lost over 200 kills to the new system
3) we just spend 30 mins grinding an AF and now we have to literally run around an empty battlefiend picking up invisible tokens without any clue as to weather or not we even are picking them up or just running around in a field..

Those who use snipers actually doing much killing? I mean, i find it hard to see anything standing in the middle of the fight to shoot at...yall actually see much to shoot at from that range?

Light Energy
06-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Those who use snipers actually doing much killing? I mean, i find it hard to see anything standing in the middle of the fight to shoot at...yall actually see much to shoot at from that range?

There is a danger that the new system (with it's still rather cryptic requirements), is too restrictive on gameplay. Player's should be able to use any of the vast array of weapons they are given.

Maybe it's different on other platforms/systems (draw distances etc) but I quite liked working on my sniper pursuit, shooting the Matron (during Colony Courtship), Bulwarks (during Event Horizon) and hulkers brain's (during Outbreak).

At the moment, I think it's too early to say if this new system is balanced correctly. I think we need to wait until these trophies are applied in a patch and the other parts to the new system (behind the scenes) are operational.

In other words "don't count your chickens before they hatch" or "let's wait to see what it's like when it's all in place, before we decide if it better or worse".

Fallen_Aingeal
06-09-2017, 10:14 AM
No.
worse.

This, pretty much.

I like to use my Apoc at arkfalls. These are range weapons. Unless I am standing on or near the enemy when it dies I DO NOT get credit for the kill. NO MATTER how much dmg I inflict.

Last night I kept a running tally of how many tankers and monarchs I unloaded a magazine into. Only the ones that I was in "very close proximity" were counted.

Disgusted with this new system that is a failure at what it's attempting to do. As mentioned before, AFK'ers don't give a rats rear about their score or kill count! This only serves to punish the ones that want to use ranged weapons.

Light Energy
06-09-2017, 10:41 AM
This, pretty much.

I like to use my Apoc at arkfalls. These are range weapons. Unless I am standing on or near the enemy when it dies I DO NOT get credit for the kill. NO MATTER how much dmg I inflict.

Last night I kept a running tally of how many tankers and monarchs I unloaded a magazine into. Only the ones that I was in "very close proximity" were counted.

Yeah, I was thinking about Apoc users as well :(, even though there are not many of them.

I think they may need to increase the credit radius to account for ranged weapons, lest RL/Det users down themselves.

Disgusted with this new system that is a failure at what it's attempting to do. As mentioned before, AFK'ers don't give a rats rear about their score or kill count! This only serves to punish the ones that want to use ranged weapons.
This is only the first step towards the master plan IMHO. Eventually, you will probably need your X kills (noting the minimum damage threshold and close proximity) for every major to get Karma to work.

Altras
06-09-2017, 11:07 AM
TL: DR

I like it. Gives me a reason not to afk at arkfalls.

Skiller115
06-09-2017, 11:32 AM
I like the change to be honest, but I think Trion should increase the kill "trophy range by a square of the current distance or at least by a multiple of 3-5 and it will be much better for the people that don't like to move too much.

Gaige12
06-09-2017, 12:59 PM
I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. Two majors, Three at the most, and the daily is done. (Even on a lowbie toon with a crap loadout.)

On my main toon, if I push it, I can do it in one major with a T6 MotU, Autumn's Scourge, GA, Sentinel, and all the proper perks fit up.

If any of you on PC/NA are having this hard of a time with the daily, hit me up and I'll help you out with some loadout advise or something. This game is easy mode.

xSalemx
06-09-2017, 02:27 PM
I don't understand what everyone is complaining about.

From what I can see, they are upset that they have to kill or play to earn credit towards their pursuit/contract. Making it to be "much worse" than the way it was. Frankly, it seems people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. Simple questions like.. Do you support letting others mooch off the work of others or encouraging laziness at the expense of others for rewards, Y/N? Do you support encouraging all arkhunters alike to play together as a team to complete arkfalls & contracts for their rewards, Y/N?
Although the old requirement was simply that all you had to do was "be present" (which a few have claimed helps the team complete the arkfall by depending on those who actually play to do all the work for them and that it's a "play-style.." idek lol. Not to mention this isn't only occurring at arkfalls but has been going on for quite some time regarding contracts by tagging enemies then leaving the area & expecting someone else to come by & complete it for them) at the arkfall to earn participation credit.
However, there really is no difference between the two in receiving you rewards other than the new system encouraging those who want their event pursuit/contracts to actually play for them and not just "be present" which applies to all players not just AFKers or multi-accounts as claimed that it was being targeted at.
Before this kill requirement was implemented, some FREQUENTLY complained about not receiving credit for their pursuits/contracts or even getting their JP roll because they got disconnected from the game right before it ended. So I suppose no matter what you do, you will always have some that will criticize everything regardless.
My guess is most of the ones that are against it (but not all) is because it affects their play-style of being AFK with 1 or more toons (honestly, why though? Do you really enjoy having 6 of the same crappy JP as opposed to just 1 of them?). So if it was you, you would think up of any excuse possible (even if it doesn't apply to you) to counter it and make it seem like the worst thing out there in order to get rid of it.
For example, not long ago some were under the impression that this would affect them being able to trade within their other accounts. Well, it looks like it didn't..
This has been a strategy I have seen used frequently on the forums for a while now.. mixed with a little emotion to try and guilt developers or even other players in order to get what they desire. ..No clue why they waste their time doing it though as I have seen it seldom works. At the end of the day, Trion owns the rights to the game. But if you really don't like something, there are proper ways to go about it in a mature & adult manner which yields better results than subtly insulting others to get what you want.

Another topic some have brought up about there not being enough down time between events. Just because it's there does not mean you have to participate in it. You are completely free to do other activities in-game. Nobody is forcing you to do the arkfall events so take as much down time as you need whenever you see fit. Just saying..

Fallen_Aingeal
06-09-2017, 08:06 PM
I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. Two majors, Three at the most, and the daily is done. (Even on a lowbie toon with a crap loadout.)

On my main toon, if I push it, I can do it in one major with a T6 MotU, Autumn's Scourge, GA, Sentinel, and all the proper perks fit up.

If any of you on PC/NA are having this hard of a time with the daily, hit me up and I'll help you out with some loadout advise or something. This game is easy mode.Last night at an arkfall:

Before I started the arkfall, I checked the pursuit and the goals page. I had a total of 216 and 6 for the daily. Racking up a score of 91k, and registering 51 kills according to the scoreboard. After af, I check pursuit and goals page again.

My total tally had risen 11, to 227.

My daily tally had risen 8, to 14.

There is something wrong with the way that the "kills" are being registered. How do I gain 11 total but only 8 on the daily? How, when I scored 91k, using a bmg with max links, am I only getting credit for 11 or 8 kills? Unless, I am standing nearly on top of them when they die, I am not receiving the proper credit.

***Interesting side note***

When I logged off last night, I had a total of 227. When I longed on this evening, my total was at 303. I did one arkfall, using Grendel, and was credited with 27 kills, completing the daily in one fell swoop.

Well this is your problem use an actual weapon and not a bmg I observed that you have to do a certain amount of damage and have to run near the bodies for the kill trophy. When I used an infector or bmg with my small room i noticed that I didn't get any kills but when I switched to an smg or br I could get more than 25 kills easy even with my ego 700 toon with only one major.Grendel is boss. ;)

Skiller115
06-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Last night at an arkfall:

Before I started the arkfall, I checked the pursuit and the goals page. I had a total of 216 and 6 for the daily. Racking up a score of 91k, and registering 51 kills according to the scoreboard. After af, I check pursuit and goals page again.

My total tally had risen 11, to 227.

My daily tally had risen 8, to 14.

There is something wrong with the way that the "kills" are being registered. How do I gain 11 total but only 8 on the daily? How, when I scored 91k, using a bmg with max links, am I only getting credit for 11 or 8 kills? Unless, I am standing nearly on top of them when they die, I am not receiving the proper credit.

Well this is your problem use an actual weapon and not a bmg I observed that you have to do a certain amount of damage and have to run near the bodies for the kill trophy. When I used an infector or bmg with my small toon i noticed that I didn't get any kills but when I switched to an smg or br I could get more than 25 kills easy even with my ego 700 toon with only one major.

Trogathorna
06-09-2017, 11:17 PM
Grendel is boss. ;)

That it is :)

Its all i've used all event...with exception of a mass cannon to clear mobs of blasters outta the way. Using Grendel i've completed each daily within one major...and finished the pursuit early the second day of the event. Key is, you really have to be where ever the tanker or monarch go down, for it to count...like you said, right on top of them.

xSalemx
06-10-2017, 03:58 AM
Nothing wrong with using varying types of weapons if that is what you wish.
I think the purpose of the closer proximity was meant to encourage everyone to stay closer in the arkfall itself. Had quite a few complaints about mobs being dragged away from the arkfall thus causing some to not be completed in time & players receiving no credit/rewards.
Thought some will still do it anyway to grief.
They should increase the radius to match the radius of the smaller red circle.
But what if instead of using invisible kill trophies, they changed the way kills are counted. Like a certain amount of damage dealt (whatever the value, not too high, not too low) required for 1 kill and so forth. In order to combat weapon spamming, simply divide the damage dealt by the type of weapon used. Like you would earn kills faster using an AR than an infector. Lesser skill required type weapons generally building up kills at a much slower pace.

Perhaps a point system similar to how it was before (majors counting as 2 points & minors counting as 1) could be implemented as well to reward those who put a greater deal of effort/contribution into completing the arkfall, thus earning their rewards faster! I don't know maybe even add some sort of arkfall leveling system (would need a reset time) similar to clan ranks that increases based on how much contribution/XP you put in to completing arkfalls (not just score or kills which is basically just tagging an enemy anyway on this game.. it could be a calculation/formula of many things such as headshots, KDR, revives, # of different types of weapons used w/in the arkfall, etc. all of which goes toward completing the arkfall & actually playing. Heck, all this could even be used instead of % being based off the number of arkfalls you complete since some just get disconnected anyway or it could even replace RNG altogether. On top of that, your rank could be lowered under certain conditions like if you completed an arkfall without any kills, spawning vehicles inside arkfalls within a frequent period of time in order to grief others or anything of that nature that is loathed. If you didn't put in much effort you would only earn as much as you put in, to deter people from things such as just wrapping rubber bands on their controllers with BMGs at every arkfall.) which higher ranks would yield a higher multiplier towards credit to earn their rewards faster or even better rewards themselves.

Maybe even something to reward teamwork! Such as all players at a completed arkfall earning more arkforge/keycodes/scrip & higher rarity reward mods/weps based on how quickly they beat the final divided by the amount of players present at the arkfall (like a bronze, silver, gold, & platinum rating) as to compensate for low traffic periods. Or they could just make all finals last a predetermined amount of time that isn't too long or too short & the rating everyone recieves would be based on the amount of kills (tougher mobs count as more points than smaller) divided by amount of players at the arkfall before it ends. That way you don't have to worry about the few who like to grief others by deliberatly pulling a few mobs away.
On second thought, the teamwork reward idea may not be so good.. people might start farming that too. Guess it's better as a individual reward system. :/
Then again, it could still work if they made the teamwork rating tie-in with the individual's rating at the given arkfall. Sort of like an additional multiplier. That way, if someone brings a bunch of alts to the arkfall and the teamwork reward is a gold/platinum rating, it won't do squat for the alts standing there or rubber banding since their individual ratings would be miniscule in comparison.

The pursuits/contracts don't need to be anything overly difficult to achieve, just something to encourage everyone to play or contribute in some way to completion if they want to receive credit other than simply standing there to let others do the work for them. Had enough arkfalls not complete in time due to players idling rather than shooting.

I actually got a GA Grendel myself from the free JPs during Armistice. :)

crasher
06-10-2017, 05:09 AM
My personal opinion is that the scoring problem stems from the game design requirement that anyone in the area of an achievement gets credit for the achievement just because they were 'there', rather than because the engine kept track of actual contribution.

I'm saying that a lot of the issue is because back in time there was a design philosophy that demanded that everyone get a prize no matter whether one played the game that was in front of you in the place you were standing, and keeping score was less important than 'everyone who stood there gets an equal share of the prize because we all have to feel good about ourselves'.
Thats why you/I/we get scores and achievements pop up on screen for events that we drove passed minutes before.
We get a 'you were there' prize.

This is a combat game, not musical chairs. We want to get recognition and loot in proportion to effort and valor in a siege, not because we hid behind a wall and managed to not get shot during a battle.

Scoring of 'hits on target' can have a 'low threshhold' to count for a kill considering that EGO lvl 6000 players shouldn't get 100% of a kill by doing 51% of the work, and lesser contributors ought share in the kill, but getting a prize for being in the area is foolish.
And requiring snipers to find and walk on the grave of a kill in a battlefield to count as a kill is foolish as well.

The game engine ought to be able to register and track if a player does 0% damage and award 0% of the score, or a minimum of contributing 5% of the health damage to the enemy to count as a kill even from a distance without the player then standing on the badguys place of death, if it could even be found, after the death in a battle.

There is too much work trying to adjust all the kludges to allow for the SJW aspect of everyone getting a participation prize for being there, and more effort ought to just go towards awarding kills to anyone who did a minimum actual damage.
This minimum damage would naturally have to be high enough to restrict players who want to put just 4 bullets into every enemy and then sit back to rake in the awards, but shouldn't keep lower level players from getting awarded score just because they had lesser weapons available to them.

Antony Harrist
06-10-2017, 05:55 AM
I'm liking this change alot, a reason to actually just play! I just wish the kill credit range was a bit further, I seem to be missing alot of my kills registering unless i am on top of the mob when it dies

DarkEnegy
06-10-2017, 06:14 AM
My personal opinion is that the scoring problem stems from the game design requirement that anyone in the area of an achievement gets credit for the achievement just because they were 'there', rather than because the engine kept track of actual contribution.

I'm saying that a lot of the issue is because back in time there was a design philosophy that demanded that everyone get a prize no matter whether one played the game that was in front of you in the place you were standing, and keeping score was less important than 'everyone who stood there gets an equal share of the prize because we all have to feel good about ourselves'.
Thats why you/I/we get scores and achievements pop up on screen for events that we drove passed minutes before.
We get a 'you were there' prize.

This is a combat game, not musical chairs. We want to get recognition and loot in proportion to effort and valor in a siege, not because we hid behind a wall and managed to not get shot during a battle.

Scoring of 'hits on target' can have a 'low threshhold' to count for a kill considering that EGO lvl 6000 players shouldn't get 100% of a kill by doing 51% of the work, and lesser contributors ought share in the kill, but getting a prize for being in the area is foolish.
And requiring snipers to find and walk on the grave of a kill in a battlefield to count as a kill is foolish as well.

The game engine ought to be able to register and track if a player does 0% damage and award 0% of the score, or a minimum of contributing 5% of the health damage to the enemy to count as a kill even from a distance without the player then standing on the badguys place of death, if it could even be found, after the death in a battle.

There is too much work trying to adjust all the kludges to allow for the SJW aspect of everyone getting a participation prize for being there, and more effort ought to just go towards awarding kills to anyone who did a minimum actual damage.
This minimum damage would naturally have to be high enough to restrict players who want to put just 4 bullets into every enemy and then sit back to rake in the awards, but shouldn't keep lower level players from getting awarded score just because they had lesser weapons available to them.

^^^ this ^^^^

Lightning19
06-10-2017, 06:20 AM
You don't need to land a kill shot or even deal large amounts of damage to earn credit for the pursuit kills. You simply need to walk/run past where an enemy was downed...similar to running past and auto picking up script or salvage. I have accumulated many kill credits by simply running around picking up loot after a mfr has ended. While I haven't seen any "trophies" or items that signify "kill credit", the pursuit counter pops up and accumulates while I'm running around. Since tankers rarely get further than a few feet from doors, just make a point to run by there now and then. These credits ( although invisible ) don't disappear right away, they stay there for a while...just like the script or salvage you normally pick up. Hope this helps

I also liked the start of the event which required you to work a little harder to actually get credit for the kills.

Skiller115
06-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Grendel is boss. ;)
At what? Tickling the A.I. to death?

Light Energy
06-10-2017, 10:09 AM
~snip~
At the end of the day, Trion owns the rights to the game.
~snip~

Please note: I just wanted to follow up on this conversation point, this is not to pick on anyone in particular.

My 1 cent worth LOL :D

It has been said several times "it's Trion's game" (I think that was what it said before the edit! :)), but I would say it's our game too :). Without players, what would be the point? If Trion still has at least one person working on Defiance and they are communicating with players in some form (on the forum, twitter or whatever) then there is some potential for player feedback. In business, it's just common sense to care what the customer thinks :).

Here is a quote which I think is quite apt:

"The Owners Of The Game"

Star Trek is very much like baseball. The players play the game, the owners own the teams, but the fans own the game.
Defiance is not that different (it was a sci-fi TV show after all with some elements from other shows).

I would say that players of Defiance own even more than fans of TV shows, in some ways...since we put our time, effort and sometimes money into it. We are the actors/players too...many invest a lot, one way or another.

DarkEnegy
06-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Please note: I just wanted to follow up on this conversation point, this is not to pick on anyone in particular.

It has been said several times "it's Trion's game" (I think that was what it said before the edit! :)), but I would say it's our game too :). Without players, what would be the point? If Trion still has at least one person working on Defiance and they are communicating with players in some form (on the forum, twitter or whatever) then there is some potential for player feedback. In business, it's just common sense to care what the customer thinks :).

Defiance is not that different (it was a sci-fi TV show after all with some elements from other shows).

I would say that players of Defiance own even more than fans of TV shows, in some ways...since we put our time, effort and sometimes money into it. We are the actors/players too...many invest a lot, one way or another.

Yes

While an american owns the Football club i support it belongs to the fans, and would be nothing without us

LIVERPOOL FC forever

xSalemx
06-10-2017, 04:29 PM

Yikes, you snipped me! :O
So, naturally I can understand why it was misinterpreted that way.
The original context of what I was saying is how people go about communicating with them.
Making snarky or insulting comments isn't going to make anyone want to help you any faster, if at all. If anything, it will just get you ignored. We can say as many snotty things as we wish, but we're not growing the garden, we just eat the food (F2P) it yields then throw rocks at the farmers afterwards. That kind of behavior doesn't help anyone, just makes it worse all-around for everybody & your left with this highly negative & hate-filled environment. We are all human beings here and "should" treat one another as such. You have told me yourself how disgusted you are at the lack of humanity displayed by others here and it has made you bitter at times in your posts. I'm sure you already saw what Moskyrath had to go thru recently. Whether it's a developer or player, invest in it or leech off it, there is no excuse in the world to treat people like that.
I never disagreed with anything you just said. Hope that clears it up! :)

OokamiXIII
06-10-2017, 04:34 PM
In my ever so humble opinion, if they can make rewards auto-collect at the end, then my my "kill credits" should do the same. I already killed the damned thing, I shouldn't need to spend 5 minutes at the end trying to collect invisible tokens!

Iceberg
06-10-2017, 04:54 PM
I keep playing this game incorrectly, from now on I will just stand next to every tanker/monarch to get credit even if it downs me. I usually play mid range with a techmag pulsar, but sometimes those damn monarch just roll up into a ball and roll away from me then die off in the distance. I have been noticing that I can run around the empty field after the event and the kill count keeps increasing, so I guess not all is lost.

Because proximity?

Light Energy
06-10-2017, 08:22 PM
You have told me yourself how disgusted you are at the lack of humanity displayed by others here and it has made you bitter at times in your posts.

Erm... I didn't quite say that actually :(.

This is kind of offensive right now :(.

I just said it can be frustating at times, but I'm not a fan bitter as a matter of fact:

http://www.whatalesyou.co.uk/ugc/beer/Marston's/Burton%20Bitter/burtonbitter.jpg

xSalemx
06-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Erm... I didn't quite say that actually :(.

This is kind of offensive right now :(.

I just said it can be frustating at times, but I'm not a fan bitter as a matter of fact:

http://www.whatalesyou.co.uk/ugc/beer/Marston's/Burton%20Bitter/burtonbitter.jpg

Wait, what?
Why do people feel the need to fight over every little thing here or in-game?

Well, apologies if you hold a grudge over something as petty as me using the word "bitter" instead of "frustrated." If you wanted to say "I didn't quite word it that way" that works, instead of denying it altogether. You said a lot more than just "it can be frustrating at times" but I only used that one sentence to support what I was saying. Would you have preferred it if I copy & pasted the PM word for word instead? Doing that would probably just get flagged & it's just immature to get into a trivial copy & paste debate match such as that. For the sake of making point, to put it another way, are you "happy" about the sheer disdain for others towards others that some people display here? My guess is your answer would not be "yes." If what you had said had a completely opposite meaning or attitude, then I'd agree, but the feelings you displayed to me were no different than if I were to switch around the word "anger" with "rage." It leads up to the same thing. When people become frustrated, they can get bitter or have show some feelings of bitterness. Some things speak for their selves. For example, you un-friended me (nothing to get worked up over) as a result & what you stated in your post displays bitterness over something insignificant & completely blown out of proportion.

No.
Nothing about that was offensive, I was simply using what I was told from you for the purpose of supporting what I was telling you about how people make others feel on here. You're making it to be more than what it was.
If you wanted to offend someone, you wouldn't say "Hey you! Your posts are bitter!" I mean, so what? A lot of people are.
There are plenty of actual offensive remarks from others on these forums & in-game on a daily basis that I could point them out with my eyes closed, it's that common.
Plus, if my purpose really was to offend you, then why was I being kind & giving you support via PM after hearing some of the crap people said to you? That's contradictory, smh.
Not to mention I have supported quite a few of your suggestions over time.

I didn't say or imply that you told me it made you bitter in your posts. That was merely an observation from over time while I'm busy posting on the forums, but I realize sometimes people don't like hearing certain things that are true. I even told you the very same thing via PM before & you didn't get all worked up all over it, so why now suddenly? Doesn't make sense.
When you first came here, your posts were generally positive and non-confrontational. That has since changed, no not every post, but certainly more frequent. Saying or implying something demeaning, no matter how sweetly it is disguised, towards a dev or other player who doesn't agree with you than putting a happy smiley at the end doesn't magically make it okay or any better than putting it bluntly. Yes, a lot of people do that to us & others, but does that mean we should all do it?

Of course, I am truly sorry if you got offended. Though, I feel it's a bit much over something like that.
Let it go, let's not turn it into a special case & hijack the thread topic from others. I am certain that you'd agree there are bigger issues to focus on. Bach on topic, I summon you!
If you want to follow-up, PM me or post an off-topic thread should you feel the need to take it out on me further via posts.
Either way, I hold no hard feelings or grudges towards you about it.

Honestly, I didn't even know they had a drink called Bitter. Wonder what it tastes like.

OverDoneOne
06-15-2017, 07:15 AM
In my ever so humble opinion, if they can make rewards auto-collect at the end, then my my "kill credits" should do the same. I already killed the damned thing, I shouldn't need to spend 5 minutes at the end trying to collect invisible tokens!

First off they aren't invisible and can be plainly seen on the ground as white that look just like stims do.

I do 1 event Arkfall and always get more than the 25 needed for the daily and thats shooting from a distance most of the time. Its not hard to collect them during the arkfall or you can even let them all sit till the end and get them then and infact thats why you will see some players driving around collecting them at the end of it. :)

The Lady
06-15-2017, 08:47 AM
I actually like the change. Haven't been able to get on and play much here lately. With Trion pumping out an event each month, I haven't completed the pursuit for the last 2. With this new system I will have it finished before the event ends, probably before.

Trick83
06-15-2017, 09:32 AM
or you can even let them all sit till the end and get them then and infact thats why you will see some players driving around collecting them at the end of it. :)

That's what I do. Hop in the car and mow the lawn. Have yet to not get 25+ on a major.

OverDoneOne
06-15-2017, 10:54 AM
That's what I do. Hop in the car and mow the lawn. Have yet to not get 25+ on a major.

Yea it's so simple and those new hover bikes almost look like a riding lawnmower ;)

But anyways for the heck of it, I took a low lvl 325 ego into a HS Arkfall and ran around on the battlefield hitting the Monarchs and then the tankers when they came out and didn't die once and got more than the 25 for the daily kills. So I don't understand at all what this complaining is about, it's a piece of cake :)

OokamiXIII
06-16-2017, 05:52 AM
My issue with the new setup is that as of late, my playtime has been limited to a couple hours right around morning reset, so that leaves me very little time to get that many kills. That coupled with the fact that the kills are limited to the event arkfalls only, whereas in the past, killing a critter of the correct type counted regardless of where it spawned. It's getting to the point where you have to play this game like a part-time job.

r1p
06-16-2017, 09:25 AM
My issue is that this is not a bug fix, quality of life upgrade, or new content. Instead what we have is a patch that won't reduce AFKs (which is exclusively a PC problem anyways), creates more drop spam, and an unnecessary job because everyone has to run around and pick up tokens to get credit for kills.

OokamiXIII
06-16-2017, 11:27 AM
My issue is that this is not a bug fix, quality of life upgrade, or new content. Instead what we have is a patch that won't reduce AFKs (which is exclusively a PC problem anyways), creates more drop spam, and an unnecessary job because everyone has to run around and pick up tokens to get credit for kills.

Not only that, but now you have to pray you don't get dc'd and screwed out of a half hour of work!