PDA

View Full Version : can we have more of a payout of gulanite and arkforge for expeditions

MrE
06-20-2017, 04:36 PM
can we have more of a payout of gulanite and arkforge for expeditions to compete with arkfall events, seeing as that is what we want to be doing

doctordabs
06-20-2017, 04:41 PM
i remember them mentioning that the payout would be pretty good after tier30...
what where u making from it?

MrE
06-21-2017, 02:46 AM
i remember them mentioning that the payout would be pretty good after tier30...
what where u making from it?

that if you score over 150,000 points at an event, arkfall you score way more than you could in an expedition, because there is simply less points available. you must admit that an expedition is more work than a major arkfall, so why should the payout be less, even in gear. at the moment we get less arkforge for an expedition than a coop. this doesn't mean lower the amount of arkforge, gulanite available at other events, the arkforge reward was only recently raised to a workable level, but expeditions were not raised enough when it's better to go do some other event rather than expedions to get paid.

r1p
06-21-2017, 05:38 AM
that if you score over 150,000 points at an event, arkfall you score way more than you could in an expedition, because there is simply less points available. you must admit that an expedition is more work than a major arkfall, so why should the payout be less, even in gear. at the moment we get less arkforge for an expedition than a coop. this doesn't mean lower the amount of arkforge, gulanite available at other events, the arkforge reward was only recently raised to a workable level, but expeditions were not raised enough when it's better to go do some other event rather than expedions to get paid.

Expeditions has exclusive "high-tier" rewards (rigs, chips, and Superiority gear) which is why they are more work.

Destromathe
06-21-2017, 08:51 AM
Expedition rewards are not tied in any way to score. They are tied to the tier and round. At the highest levels of expeditions, the Purified Gulanite payout is better than any other activity in game.

Light Energy
06-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Expedition rewards are not tied in any way to score. They are tied to the tier and round. At the highest levels of expeditions, the Purified Gulanite payout is better than any other activity in game.

I was drafting a spreadsheet with some expedition numbers (based on my limited experience with expeditions, so there are some assumptions) and have a few related questions:

1) Is the increase linear? It is +X amount for each tier/round?
2) Does the 275 max PG payout apply to expedition rounds? Does it ever stop increasing and level off?

For example, according to the rough calculations, you could exceed the (arkfall) max of 275 PG doing a single round at Tier 88.

Lexxy Snow
06-21-2017, 10:19 AM
I'm with LE on this; what's the system for rewarding in expeditions? "It's way better" doesn't tell me a lot.

Destromathe
06-21-2017, 10:26 AM
At Tier 30+, R10+ you will be getting over 300 Purified Gulanite. Expeditions are intended to be one of the best ways to get Purified Gulanite, but don't forget that expeditions also have their own rewards tied to participating, so this is another reason to participate in them.

With this update, there is not meant to be one best way to get Purified Gulanite. We are opening up choices, and making sure that whichever choice you choose, you are getting rewarded for participating.

Light Energy
06-21-2017, 10:55 AM
At Tier 30+, R10+ you will be getting over 300 Purified Gulanite. Expeditions are intended to be one of the best ways to get Purified Gulanite, but don't forget that expeditions also have their own rewards tied to participating, so this is another reason to participate in them.
Thank you for the information. Yes, this is in addition to the existing rewards for expeditions. I know plenty of players who like doing them, so this will give them even more reason to do them.

With this update, there is not meant to be one best way to get Purified Gulanite. We are opening up choices, and making sure that whichever choice you choose, you are getting rewarded for participating.
That sounds like the ideal :).

As a player who like to vary things; I welcome this aspect. I probably wont earn as much as the majority (who may focus on the sieges/arkfalls/expeditions), but that's my choice. If I just focus on the dailies, at least I will get some PG (and consequently Karma, when I spend it).

Infinity Eagle
06-21-2017, 01:23 PM

Need to look at the expedition rewards, I just finished round 11 tier 33 hellbugs and got 184 gulanite

r1p
06-21-2017, 01:29 PM

Is the amount of PG awarded affected by Patron status?

MrE
06-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Expeditions has exclusive "high-tier" rewards (rigs, chips, and Superiority gear) which is why they are more work.

you seen any?

MrE
06-21-2017, 03:44 PM

thanks for that, that sounds fine.

wait what tier? 30+ is kinda open, could be 100?

Kinksta
06-21-2017, 03:57 PM
could we get pg for co-ops too?

Infinity Eagle
06-22-2017, 04:38 AM

How far do we need to go before we see 300 gulanite? This was solo hellbug run

round 12 tier 34 216 gulanite
r13 t35 188g
r14 t36 192g
r15 t37 178g
r16 t38 152g
r17 t39 173g

r1p
06-22-2017, 05:32 AM
you seen any?

I don't do them very often but I have pulled a Necrosis, but I understand what you are implying because it's the same reason that I put "high-tier" in quotes. I posted what I thought would be Destro's response but apparently expeditions are supposed to drop more PG than any other activity.

Infinity Eagle
06-23-2017, 05:09 AM

At what tier do we get over 300 Purified Gulanite? Loot table Really needs to be looked at.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/EXPO_zpskt1hy3x2.pnghttp://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/expo2_zpsvgpdqvjg.png

Light Energy
06-25-2017, 08:52 AM
At what tier do we get over 300 Purified Gulanite?
I am sure many are eager to find out as well.

Here is my latest data:
R1 T22, 46K score, 62 PG (50 for daily, 12 for round).
R2 T23, 45K score, 16 PG.
R3 T24, 57K score, 127 PG (27 for round, 2 x 50 for contracts).
R4 T25, 51K score, 29 PG.
R5 T26, 51K score, 37 PG.
R6 T27, 36K score, 33 PG.
R7 T28, 34K score, 86 PG (36 for round, 50 for daily).
R8 T29, 37K score, 31 PG.
R9 T30, 42K score, 182 PG.
R10 T31, 47K score, 203 PG.
R11 T32, 42K score, 218 PG.

It seems a big jump from T29 to T30 - perhaps that is by design? I expect those who do 1 expo a day for contracts will rely more on the PG from contracts and those who do a lot of expos will do the lower-paid groundwork up to T30 quicky?
Still, haven't seen 300 PG per round yet...

In any case, the ardent expo players will no doubt provide more feedback on the forum, when it goes live. I expect some friends who get up to T60 or T80 or whatever will give me the deets :).

Hope to get some more testing done after the following changes are made to PTS (assuming they haven't already been applied):
We will be adding a few feature updates to PTS soon. They include:

Jackpots that have only ever been available via the Defiance Store, will no longer be sold by Py'Numbra
The Battle Rifle has been replaced by the FRC Carbine within the weapon list for Ex Inanis
Siege Purified Gulanite values have been increased to be more in line with Event Arkfalls
Mod boxes from the Defiance store or the Ex Inanis Runners will now also include karma. It will be possible
for patrons to win a perfected weapon when opening these boxes
Fixed a broken emergency
Fixed a 7th legion patron contract that was not rewarding Purified Gulanite
PvP rewards have been altered, and are now based on Medal rewards. Medals will now give reputation and arkforge
Echelon contracts no longer reward Arkforge, and reward Purified Gulanite instead
Map specific Echelon weekly contracts have been removed

Will there be a post somewhere to let us know when these changes have been made?

nattbratt1218
06-25-2017, 11:20 AM
I'm with LE on this; what's the system for rewarding in expeditions? "It's way better" doesn't tell me a lot.

WOW awesome gear

Lexxy Snow
06-26-2017, 03:24 PM
I'm not a fan of high tier expedition so this is something I hope we can clarify soon. I don't go over tier 35; I don't need the extra headache. At a certain point, a few tiers past tier 40, everything can perform a one-hit-kill on the player but the enemies don't get any tougher. It becomes a matter of synchronized crowd control and picking the right place to stand and hide from the AOE attacks. Tier 30 is fine for me and I can pump up the rounds instead but how high do I need to go to hit 300+ PG per completed round?

There's a formula in there :p

MrE
07-03-2017, 02:11 AM
10 char nvm,