PDA

View Full Version : Any update on Apocalypse fix?

Johnny Dbag
06-21-2017, 10:01 AM
I know and understand the focus is on the new update, but is there any word on a fix for the Apocalypse? It's been quite a few months now, and it would be nice to see this rare and real world money expensive weapon fixed.

OokamiXIII
06-21-2017, 10:34 AM
Nah, that already made your money off it, same as the brood lobber that hooks worse than my golf swing.

Logain
06-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Can you please tell me what is wrong with it? I have no idea what the issue is. Might help the devs as well.

konstantinov
06-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Can you please tell me what is wrong with it? I have no idea what the issue is. Might help the devs as well.

1. Falls through the map
2. Takes a headshot at times to detect
3. If you shoot into an open field half the time there's no animation

Johnny Dbag
06-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Basically 3 out of 5 rounds shot are duds and do nothing at all.

Ackeron
06-21-2017, 03:18 PM
3 out of 5? I rarely get a dud, about 1 in 20 for me maybe. The only time I don't get an animation is if theirs a lot going on. Takes a head shot sometimes to detect? Haven't experienced that one myself.

Light Energy
06-23-2017, 10:58 AM

There was a patch fix here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?255890-Armistice-Hotfix-2-March-27-2017

The devs are aware of the problem(s):

This team has actually tried several potential fixes for this weapon, but it's proven to be a troublesome little bug. They're still working on it though, so we'll let you know once we have a fix.

See also:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?256022-Apocalypse-Fix-or-lack-thereof
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?257909-Apocalypse-fix-idea
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?258375-Apocalypse-fix-on-Monday-also

I had a few more thoughts when reviewing footage of my time with Apocalypse:

5rHVZN8xIOE

Could the vertical charge bar change colour (to green for example) or flash when it reaches 100%?

That would make it easier to focus on where the rocket launcher is pointing; you would be able to register the fully charged status with your peripheral vision.
This should make it less likely to be fired when under-charged, what do you Apoc owners think? :)

Sometimes, it still seems to do damage (damage numbers tick) despite the fact that the cloud doesnít appear. This seems to happen more when there is a lot of stuff to render.

Another tip: stand on top of something (ideally like those towers in the quarry) and have the RL hang over the edge. If you get a dud that falls straight down to the ground, itís better if the ground is further away!

Johnny Dbag
06-23-2017, 11:32 AM
I would just like the rounds to detonate when fired. If I Kill myself, my bad. But when I am firing founds in expos and stuff is not dying or taking damage and I am, that's a problem. Maybe it is better in the pc world, but on the red headed stepchild version on defiance on ps3 the Apocalypse fails so much I rarely use it. It would be nice to see it fixed, but I doubt that will ever happen. Come Monday, we have the new Ex Inanis thingy coming, and the devs will have to be on point to answer all the forum posts about how karma is not working, the right guns are not dropping, and player "x" has opened 5 crates and not gotten a free perfected weapon, while those of us that PAID for Apocalypse just keep crowd funding all the free stuff.

As far as seeing when the thing is fully charged, I would highly recommend running it with only a stock, barrel and mag on it. Don't put a sight on it, you do not need one to light the syn 'cause it's backpack. Much more fun to use that way, you can still see what is gong on around you when it's charging.

Light Energy
06-25-2017, 04:46 AM
I would just like the rounds to detonate when fired. If I Kill myself, my bad. But when I am firing founds in expos and stuff is not dying or taking damage and I am, that's a problem.
Sure, that is not an unreasonable request. :)

Maybe it is better in the pc world, but on the red headed stepchild version on defiance on ps3 the Apocalypse fails so much I rarely use it.
I was wondering about this - that maybe it is more of an issue on consoles? Watching Konstantinov's stream, I haven't noticed a high failure rate...maybe that's just Kon :).

It would be nice to see it fixed, but I doubt that will ever happen. Come Monday, we have the new Ex Inanis thingy coming, and the devs will have to be on point to answer all the forum posts about how karma is not working, the right guns are not dropping, and player "x" has opened 5 crates and not gotten a free perfected weapon
Yes...although guessing at the way jobs are delegated, I think Destro (and Zamboni) would be on point for Ex Inanis (unless it is delayed) whilst Rarnok could still tinker with Apocalypse, time permitting.

while those of us that PAID for Apocalypse just keep crowd funding all the free stuff.
Well money from all players should get distributed equally throughout the wages/game etc (that should be the basic model). Unless money is being diverted to other games/projects etc? Think of all the players that bought boxes to try to get Apocalypse and didn't get it(!) :D

As far as seeing when the thing is fully charged, I would highly recommend running it with only a stock, barrel and mag on it. Don't put a sight on it, you do not need one to light the syn 'cause it's backpack. Much more fun to use that way, you can still see what is gong on around you when it's charging.
Yes, that is a good idea. I don't know if the one I borrowed still has a sight on it...