PDA

View Full Version : The scores for inanis has anyone considered this

gulac
06-27-2017, 09:07 AM
Just wondering if anyone has considered how the scoring affects low ego players.

As the start for rewards of PG is a score 25k is it likely that a low ego player could achieve this?

And if they cannot achieve this score how does that affect their motivation to play

In things such as emergencies where there are 5 or more people of whatever ego what is the chance that any single player will achieve 25k.

I am sure that hi ego players will have no problem getting above that in an event but what about other fights.

And yes I know that all players will get PG from dailies and weeklies but this is more about the fights.

OverDoneOne
06-27-2017, 09:20 AM
Just wondering if anyone has considered how the scoring affects low ego players.

As the start for rewards of PG is a score 25k is it likely that a low ego player could achieve this?

And if they cannot achieve this score how does that affect their motivation to play

In things such as emergencies where there are 5 or more people of whatever ego what is the chance that any single player will achieve 25k.

I am sure that hi ego players will have no problem getting above that in an event but what about other fights.

And yes I know that all players will get PG from dailies and weeklies but this is more about the fights.

Well I played a low lvl on PTS at 360 ego and it wasn't bad at all, but also consider that low lvl players really have no right to be doing high lvl stuff and if they do then they have to take just what they can get.

Thank all the wonderful players that would help power lvl other players, due to that Trion put in place what you see in Defiance and well at least they did add a lvl scaler to help low lvl players when doing higher lvl stuff.

Lycan Nightshade
06-27-2017, 09:34 AM
" Currency reward payouts for Arkfalls and Sieges will now be score based

-25k score will be required to receive rewards
-75k score will get you close to the max payout
-Payout maxes out at 150k score"

It doesn't say anything about emergencies scores.

-above quote taken from pts topic concerning the update

Trick83
06-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Low levels shouldn't be in endgame content. If they get unmotivated from getting nothing and quit, we didn't need the slackers anyways. If they stay around, level up, and come back, they're players. We need players, not just people.

If the damage scoreboards had never left and catering to low levels hadn't happened, we wouldn't have half the AFK issues we do now.

They're fixing their mistake.

Luaria
06-27-2017, 12:01 PM
I just came back a few weeks ago so maybe I'm misremembering or the system has changed but the main way to get high points aside from BMGs is spreading out your damage to get assists and then focus firing big targets to get opportunist isn't it? I don't really see any reason lowbies wouldn't be able too do that unless the concert is they wouldn't be able to deal enough percentage of damage to get credit on each mob. But if they're that low or poorly equipped where they are they should probably go back to My Tam to compete some pursuits first.

Mind you I was mid ego when the score changes came out and I've never had a second character so maybe running big events as a lowbies is different than I think.

Also they mentioned on stream emergencies will vivre a flat rate of PG for completion. 3-5. As long as you qualify for rewards you'll get the PG.

OverDoneOne
06-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Low levels shouldn't be in endgame content. If they get unmotivated from getting nothing and quit, we didn't need the slackers anyways. If they stay around, level up, and come back, they're players. We need players, not just people.

If the damage scoreboards had never left and catering to low levels hadn't happened, we wouldn't have half the AFK issues we do now.

They're fixing their mistake.

EXACTLY what I was getting at ;) Two more beers and I would have said that too :cool:

And as I said a low lvl as I played on PTS didnt have much trouble and only got what was entitled to it, according to his lvl. Low lvls need to understand you get what you put out and because of power lvling theres no real advantage of playing end game content in Defiance at lower lvls.

Formy Virtueme
06-27-2017, 02:05 PM

Can you please point me to someone that can explain me what the problem is with AFK people?

Luaria
06-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Can you please point me to someone that can explain me what the problem is with AFK people?

The main issue people have with it is that you have a lot of players standing around not contributing butt they still get more or less the same rewards as the people who complete the events. It's like going to work and working rally hard all day you get paid only to find out that one of your co- workers who started home all day got paid just add much as you. Feels like you've been cheated.
Also to a lesser extent it raises the threat level without providing additional firepower. This isn't so much am issue for event arkfalls but there's still a stigma. Even if a single 6k could solo it it still takes longer and thus less reward/time if the number of people participating is less than would make a TL 10/11 on their own.

It doesn't so much bug me personally. As long as there's enough people to get the job done relatively quickly I don't really care but for some people it's a really big deal especially since those pikers could be getting rare items thus bringing down the value of items from people who worked for them.

Trick83
06-27-2017, 03:30 PM

37 people at a major. It's now TL11.
6 players doing what needs to be done. Doesn't die in time or takes 5x longer than it should
31 people that did nothing get rewarded, the ones that actually completed the objective get a couple more keys/forge for exponentially higher effort.

They're dead weight and have no reason to exist beyond lazy people wanting a free ride.

These changes are helping to push towards: You want to win, you need to play. The welfare is over.

Cygnus
06-27-2017, 06:00 PM
The main issue people have with it is that you have a lot of players standing around not contributing butt they still get more or less the same rewards as the people who complete the events. It's like going to work and working rally hard all day you get paid only to find out that one of your co- workers who started home all day got paid just add much as you. Feels like you've been cheated.
Also to a lesser extent it raises the threat level without providing additional firepower. This isn't so much am issue for event arkfalls but there's still a stigma. Even if a single 6k could solo it it still takes longer and thus less reward/time if the number of people participating is less than would make a TL 10/11 on their own.

It doesn't so much bug me personally. As long as there's enough people to get the job done relatively quickly I don't really care but for some people it's a really big deal especially since those pikers could be getting rare items thus bringing down the value of items from people who worked for them.
To people who worry about the above I say, relax and enjoy the game, dont try so hard!! If they really are that hardcore then theyll be at 6k in no time. Or theyre full of it and think everyone gets better stuff than them...

OokamiXIII
06-28-2017, 05:42 AM
I can't speak to the state of affairs on PC, but I know that on PS3, AFKers are not as big of a problem as you'd be lead to believe. More often than not going AFK at a major arkfall (particularly event majors) is the only way to stay connected long enough to see a reward screen due to tremendous amounts of lag. As for PG payouts for lower ego'd players, this is endgame content meant to keep the older players engaged, so don't sweat it till you cap.

konstantinov
06-28-2017, 05:45 AM
I want everything for nothing because I deserve it.

Logain
06-28-2017, 06:32 AM
I want everything for nothing because I deserve it.

Just post:

/Zone LF Everything offering Nothing. PM me if interested.

Aliasse
06-28-2017, 08:36 AM
Just post:

whenever i'm trading, i absolutely hate when people say "offer" because (a) i have too big of a list so i want them to list a specific jp or (b) fishing/greed

Formy Virtueme
06-28-2017, 09:24 AM
So a buttload with keycodes and af is not enough for our good arkhunters. Because somebody got something for "free" you shout unfair....

konstantinov
06-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Just post:

I'll just start demanding things, seems to work well enough.

Formy Virtueme
06-28-2017, 10:06 AM
I'll just start demanding things, seems to work well enough.

Yeah, when the right people demand stuff, Trion doesnt care what anybody else says...

Applebite
06-28-2017, 11:12 AM
37 people at a major. It's now TL11.
6 players doing what needs to be done. Doesn't die in time or takes 5x longer than it should
31 people that did nothing get rewarded, the ones that actually completed the objective get a couple more keys/forge for exponentially higher effort.

They're dead weight and have no reason to exist beyond lazy people wanting a free ride.

These changes are helping to push towards: You want to win, you need to play. The welfare is over.
https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/streetfighter-m-bison-yes.gif?w=650

Can't stand the dead weights running around. I mean, I can understand if you're new to the game, and you're not exactly sure what you should be doing. We've all been there. But to just sit off to the side, just outside the area so you're not involved in the fight, but able to get credit for doing nothing...it's seriously frustrating to have to carry these players, especially during a Major Ark.

And you know what the kicker is with the Majors? The mobs attack the highest level players, or the player that's causing the most damage in that immediate area. The mobs don't care as much about a low level EGO, as much as an end game player beating down the lower level mobs. And these bums still won't get involved.

And Low levels don't have the right to play end game content. They haven't even busted through the lower end, and they want to play with the Big Dogs? No, just...No. Stay on the porch and earn your way up. No Snowflaking! We've all been through the fire. If you're a clan, running whatever by yourselves, and you feel like carrying your low levels, that's fine, that's on your backs. But don't expect everyone else to carry AFK low levels during public instances and events. That's just wrong. Can't learn how to play, if you don't get involved.

MrE
06-28-2017, 12:36 PM
that's great but all I hear is all the problems this update is supposed to fix, but we have yet to find out what problems it brings and what ways there will be for them to work around what you think is being fixed and in the meantime actual pre existing problems are overlooked.

ironic when everyone speaks of doing the wrong thing and players being dead weight for major arkfalls which will lets face it finish and if they don't we simply complain until the arkfalls are made less difficult, but when it comes to something like warmaster which is treated the same way in that everyone does what they want instead of required but it is an event with less time it's fine to not do the right thing or to be dead weight.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/streetfighter-m-bison-yes.gif?w=650

Can't stand the dead weights running around. I mean, I can understand if you're new to the game, and you're not exactly sure what you should be doing. We've all been there. But to just sit off to the side, just outside the area so you're not involved in the fight, but able to get credit for doing nothing...it's seriously frustrating to have to carry these players, especially during a Major Ark.

And you know what the kicker is with the Majors? The mobs attack the highest level players, or the player that's causing the most damage in that immediate area. The mobs don't care as much about a low level EGO, as much as an end game player beating down the lower level mobs. And these bums still won't get involved.

And Low levels don't have the right to play end game content. They haven't even busted through the lower end, and they want to play with the Big Dogs? No, just...No. Stay on the porch and earn your way up. No Snowflaking! We've all been through the fire. If you're a clan, running whatever by yourselves, and you feel like carrying your low levels, that's fine, that's on your backs. But don't expect everyone else to carry AFK low levels during public instances and events. That's just wrong. Can't learn how to play, if you don't get involved.

what?

also the 'scoring' system is still points based and favors going against actually doing the right thing, so it's no real change there, if that were different things would be killed quicker for the points but they're not

the scoring system as it stands atm was changed to this to give lower level players a chance, it's probably the best chance they have, however in saying that before the scoring system was changed to as it is now an ego 20 gun did as much damage as an ego 6000 gun and there was no arkforge requiring ego upgrading, as such higher scores to earn more currency were not needed and the lower ego player could do relatively similar damage as they can now aswell with the threat leveling and the scoring is not as much kill based as you'd think if you really look into it which is the basis of a lot of other problems and a thing all on it's own. Basically the need to earn currency that was not needed before was an enforced arrangement and alteration to encourage real world money spending.