PDA

View Full Version : Change rarity tier bonus

KNN
07-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Hi.

Let's say I have an epic weapon
I want to change the blue tier bonus from eg. dmg to crit multiplier (I checked my weapon allows those bonuses).
So, I heard it is randomized, but ofc it gets the bonus from list (different for all kind of weapons).
I'm also not counting the bonuses below the tier I have hypothetically chosen.

Now here are my hypothesis about the problem:
1) It's completely random, so I can get two times the same bonus one after one.
2) I can get all bonus options from the list one by one, but in random order.

Which one is true, I hope for a quick answer, the 1 or 2 :)

Chump Norris
07-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Number 2.

Logain
07-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Hi.

Let's say I have an epic weapon
I want to change the blue tier bonus from eg. dmg to crit multiplier (I checked my weapon allows those bonuses).
So, I heard it is randomized, but ofc it gets the bonus from list (different for all kind of weapons).
I'm also not counting the bonuses below the tier I have hypothetically chosen.

Now here are my hypothesis about the problem:
1) It's completely random, so I can get two times the same bonus one after one.
2) I can get all bonus options from the list one by one, but in random order.

Which one is true, I hope for a quick answer, the 1 or 2 :)

The roll is random from a pool of rolls. But the roll is different from the bonus you are rolling.

Also see sig for example of rolling epic guns.

Johnny Dbag
07-06-2017, 02:19 PM
It is highly likely that you will get an undesired roll multiple times before you get the desired roll. They do not go in order, and do not get eliminated from the pool once they have rolled. For example, if you are going for damage and the roll is accuracy, it could roll mag 3 times before you get damage, just not in a row. It can roll to any roll that is not the current roll.

Calm like a Bomb
07-06-2017, 02:31 PM
if you are going for damage and the roll is accuracy, it could roll mag 3 times before you get damage, just not in a row. It can roll to any roll that is not the current roll. That's not true. I was rerolling my Echelon surge bolter and got the exact same roll 3 times in a row. It was the t4 roll. I was shooting for health damage and kept getting 10% ego refresh on full reload or something like that. I decided it was best to stop messing with it for awhile and get back to it at a later date. To this day I still haven't got the roll I wanted on it. It has shield damage atm :/ Now it just sits in my inventory until I decide to give it another go.

Johnny Dbag
07-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Hold the phone here CLAB. You must have been resetting the roll in between though, right? I know the rng is terrible, but I have never personally seen a roll go from crit to crit, for example. For sure I have had the roll go crit, re roll, mag, reset, back to crit, re roll, back to mag, but never had one be crit, re roll it and have it land crit again.

Johnny Stranger
07-06-2017, 03:25 PM
I have rerolled same rolls many times , whether green blue or purple

Johnny Dbag
07-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Yeah,but are you guys saying the roll was crit, and you re rolled, and it went to crit? So basically it did not re roll? I have definitely seen it go crit mag crit accuracy crit like that, but not crit to crit.

Dshort
07-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Yeah,but are you guys saying the roll was crit, and you re rolled, and it went to crit? So basically it did not re roll? I have definitely seen it go crit mag crit accuracy crit like that, but not crit to crit.

Yes sir Johnny D that's what they're saying. I had it happen to me a couple of times on various weapons.

Johnny Dbag
07-06-2017, 04:12 PM
Lol, thanks Mr Dshort, thats what I was trying to say in my original response, I guess I don't do words so good.

Chump Norris
07-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Yeah that shouldn't be happening and the devs need to look into it.

Calm like a Bomb
07-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Hold the phone here CLAB. You must have been resetting the roll in between though, right? I know the rng is terrible, but I have never personally seen a roll go from crit to crit, for example. For sure I have had the roll go crit, re roll, mag, reset, back to crit, re roll, back to mag, but never had one be crit, re roll it and have it land crit again.
Nope no resetting between rolls, just straight up rerolled and kept getting 10% ego refresh on full reload. I was fuming about it on clan chat and they told me to stop rerolling but I said nah ill do it a few more times then I got a different 10% ego refresh roll a few times then back to the 10% on full reload, then got a shield dmg roll so I said screw it and left it there. Haven't messed with it since.

Johnny Stranger
07-06-2017, 04:39 PM
I sent a ticket in a long time ago , I was ticked cause they told us this. could not happen ... nothing ever came from ticket in case you were wondering lol

Johnny Dbag
07-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Ouch, sorry guys,that really sucks. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

KNN
07-11-2017, 03:54 AM
Thank you all for your helpful responses.

One more question. If I do a two rerolls and reset the tier bonus, it will bring the previous roll or the fabric roll?
Because I saw people recently rerolls and reset in a loop to get what they want, but what's the point of that in case if it backs to the fabric set after reset?

Luis91
07-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Random.. yeah of course explain why I got 2 times oj reload lock on my oj prec lobber with oj reload I'm lost or its random or I'm the most unlucky.. whell I try another time other gun for oj reload n got oj dmg...