PDA

View Full Version : Idea's to "Improve" Ex Inanis

InsanaHydra
07-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Hey everyone! These are just...well, my thoughts on possible ways that Ex Inanis could be improved. Of course, I'd love to hear YOUR input on my ideas. Also, leave idea's you have below, and I may add them to this post with your name by the idea!

Who knows, if an idea's good enough, maybe Trion Developers will see and also like the idea. After all, player suggestions can make a game better sometimes!

-----

Time frame's maybe once or twice a day where Py'Numbra spawn's two to three times as often. These time frames would be completely random, just like Major Event Arkfall's dropping are. These time frames would only last...thirty minutes to an hour? Completely random time frames happening at random times of the day. Maybe a "pop-up" saying "Py'Numbra has decided to visit often for the next so & so amount of time." I don't know, but I've just seen A LOT of players complain about him not spawning often at all. Would definitely help find out what and when his stocks change. So this one's for you guys!

-----

Purified Gulanite added to PVP. Yes yes, I'm sure this has been said more than once. However, this would be a "minimal PG output" way of earning. However, it would give players who love PVP more reason to PVP. Plus it might also draw more people to PVP. For me, this is one of the most fun aspects of the game. For others...eh not so much...

PG output in PVP would be, needless to say, score based. This would make sure that you would be "forced" to contribute to the match in order to earn PG. My thoughts on PG output are as follows, along with a way to DOUBLE output.

1,000 PVP Score = 10 Purified Gulanite
2,000 PVP Score = 20 Purified Gulanite
3,000 PVP Score = 30 Purified Gulanite - This is where earnings are capped. Even at 4,000 score, you only get 30 Purified Gulanite.

Now, with this score based crap in mind, WINNING the match would award your team DOUBLE Purified Gulanite rewards!

Now, this system could (hopefully) be different from Deathmatch PVP games. (Waterfront and Observatory)

On Waterfront I was thinking it would be the same way. Rewards size. For every 3 kills, 10 PG. Capping at 30.

On Observatory, it would be the same way, but instead of 3 kills, 6 kills due to double the amount of kills being needed to win the match.

-----

A big thanks to Lexxy Snow for reminding me about Thorn Liro.

I was thinking while playing the Arena's DLC, "What better way to promote DLC selling than to have increased rewards?"

Currently, in my mind at least, the only thing you really get from the Arena DLC is Reputation. But I was thinking, what if you got...maybe 300 PG for completing an Arena with a score of...say 80,000 or more. This reward amount is increased over other methods, (since it's DLC of course) and would also help promote the selling of Defiance's DLC.

This idea may or may not be too popular, but it's just an idea nevertheless.

-----

These three idea's were thought up by yours truly.

Any idea's added from suggestions I see you guys post will be added below the following line

-----

-----

Thank you for your time and for reading this rather lengthy post! Have a great day!

TreyxD
07-13-2017, 02:49 PM
PG from competitive sounds dope.

Lexxy Snow
07-13-2017, 02:50 PM
In its inception, the point of Ex Inanis was "play your way and get purified gulanite". That was covered in the Livestream for its release. I'm all for that but this only works if PG is rewarded from everything. This list is from the Clan Activities menu. We need to hit all points here to make this work.

Gunslinger and Thorn Liro are not listed. These should also reward PG to keep them useful.

http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/1014.png

InsanaHydra
07-13-2017, 03:13 PM
In its inception, the point of Ex Inanis was "play your way and get purified gulanite". That was covered in the Livestream for its release. I'm all for that but this only works if PG is rewarded from everything. This list is from the Clan Activities menu. We need to hit all points here to make this work.

Gunslinger and Thorn Liro are not listed. These should also reward PG to keep them useful.

http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/1014.png

Honestly I'm for PG being rewarded from all of those, except for co-op maps. Unless something like score being related to PG output, where you need over 15,000 to be rewarded, players will farm Island Of Lost Soldiers, which could be seen as "Exploiting an undesired game mechanic."

However, you have reminded me of something I meant to add to this list that I thought up last night. So I'll include your name for reminding me.

Lexxy Snow
07-13-2017, 05:42 PM
Patch Notes: Ex Inanis 2017 Hotfix #2

Patch Notes

-Removed the entry cost for Expeditions. This change was made to allow players to reset their rounds more often if they choose. The cost UI will still show up, however it will be set to 0.

-Reduced score ceilings for Purified Gulanite payouts. Players will earn a small amount of Purified Gulanite up to score 20,000, will get the majority of Purified Gulanite at score 60,000, and will get the max amount of payout at score 120,000. This change affects all Sieges and Arkfalls

Island Of Lost Soldiers (IOLS) is already farmed on a regular basis for arkforge. If we're going to talk about exploits, let's talk about that, too. Players use a speed loadout to climb along the invisible walls and decoy through barriers but the amount of purified gulanite rewarded for a boss kill run could be quite small. Ask someone else for the exact figures, though. Light Energy might know from her research.

Sure, use my name as you like if you credit me.

Altras
07-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Jumping right in!

-I'm sure PG will likely be tied to medals (similar to current reward) once they have all the PG intake information they need.
-Yes to Arena's. All arena's. I would love to see arenas be an expo alternative. Instead of harder enemies, it just spawns a crap ton more. The payout would have to be adjusted to very high scores, but I'd love to mindessly slaughter in arenas and still make relevant currency.

Cygnus
07-14-2017, 12:14 AM
The problem Im running into is, fewer players and decreased activity. Which means less opportunity to earn pg. When the spawn cycle slows down there are fewer instances to do and less choices. I wonder if they could scale rewards according to population. Recently population has only been enough for one phase at times normally considered peak hours. It would be nice if the population fell below a minimum threshold, rewards would increase gradually till the poplulation reached the minimum threshold again, rewarding those who played on slow days or slow times during those times with increased rewards. If one of the five of us on was farming I dont think the store would take that much of a beating

The Lady
07-14-2017, 09:13 AM
The Liro currently rewards 50 PG a day 100 if you have a PP, and 250 weekly 500 if you have PP. So right now with a PP you can get 1,200 PG from doing the contracts at the Liro every week.

Fisherman Joe
07-14-2017, 09:54 AM
The problem Im running into is, fewer players and decreased activity. Which means less opportunity to earn pg. When the spawn cycle slows down there are fewer instances to do and less choices. I wonder if they could scale rewards according to population. Recently population has only been enough for one phase at times normally considered peak hours. It would be nice if the population fell below a minimum threshold, rewards would increase gradually till the poplulation reached the minimum threshold again, rewarding those who played on slow days or slow times during those times with increased rewards. If one of the five of us on was farming I dont think the store would take that much of a beating

I would imagine there are a decent amount of players that weren't happy with what they've done to event arkfalls. Quite a few mainly played for the events and chances at jackpots to drop. I'm certainly not happy with what they've done to event arkfalls, I prefer the old system. I think Ex is a great addition for breathing new life into the same old dailies, incursions, sieges, etc we've done but I don't like what they've done with events at all. If the point was to get rid of alts I would imagine there were other ways like shot timers or something.

The Lady
07-14-2017, 10:11 AM
The new update gives me a reward for grinding out the rest of my pursuits. Something that I haven't bothered to do, cause its boring. Now I might actually get the last 400 points I have left.

Light Energy
07-14-2017, 10:39 AM
This covered the main points I wanted to address:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?259003-Some-thoughts-for-the-future-with-Ex-Inanis

Bullet Babe
07-15-2017, 11:31 PM
Goal: To make Event Arkfalls feel like events again.

Problem:
The addition of the Ex Inanis Runners and Purified Gulanite is a win.
However, stripping drops and pursuits from Event Arkfalls is a terrible loss.

Solution:
Event Arkfalls should function similarly (key word) to how they have in the past - dropping items of specific synergies and providing a quest for the player to work toward in the Pursuits tab. The Tarr Family contracts for completing such Arkfalls should be restored to their former glory - The dailies offering a Rare(+) piece and the weekly offering Epic(+) pieces of the appropriate syn.

The removal of the JP system as it were, was needed ...so as for a new system?

Py Numbra when found, will offer 1 randomly selected (AR/Det/RL/Sniper/Etc.) JP Item that is of the current event arkfall synergy. Weapon-mods and non-JP's will of course have to be farmed by completing major and minor event arkfalls. This will produce fewer numbers of JP items compared to the old system.

The Ex Inanis Runners will function as is; offering 3 synergies for a limited time before rotating to 3 different synergies. Perfected weapons, and "Runner-Exclusive" JP items remain. The 3 synergies offered would never overlap with any event synergies of the time.

Loyalty Vendors offer "Legacy" JP's, and with the above change to Py Numbra, they will (once again) be the only way to acquire such items - Aside from trading among players, of course.

Conclusion:

These changes provide not only a solution to the old JP system and it's flaws; they provide the player with a number of rewarding options, they incentivize participation in event-arkfalls, and altogether make Defiance a more captivating experience.

In short, it makes Defiance more FUN!

All the required pieces are already in place, and these changes tie all the pieces together.

Bullet Babe
07-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Goal: To make Event Arkfalls feel like events again.

Problem:
The addition of the Ex Inanis Runners and Purified Gulanite is a win.
However, stripping drops and pursuits from Event Arkfalls is a terrible loss.

Solution:
Event Arkfalls should function similarly (key word) to how they have in the past - dropping items of specific synergies and providing a quest for the player to work toward in the Pursuits tab. The Tarr Family contracts for completing such Arkfalls should be restored to their former glory - The dailies offering a Rare(+) piece and the weekly offering Epic(+) pieces of the appropriate syn.

The removal of the JP system as it were, was needed ...so as for a new system?

Py Numbra when found, will offer 1 randomly selected (AR/Det/RL/Sniper/Etc.) JP Item that is of the current event arkfall synergy. Weapon-mods and non-JP's will of course have to be farmed by completing major and minor event arkfalls. This will produce fewer numbers of JP items compared to the old system.

The Ex Inanis Runners will function as is; offering 3 synergies for a limited time before rotating to 3 different synergies. Perfected weapons, and "Runner-Exclusive" JP items remain. The 3 synergies offered would never overlap with any event synergies of the time.

Loyalty Vendors offer "Legacy" JP's, and with the above change to Py Numbra, they will (once again) be the only way to acquire such items - Aside from trading among players, of course.

Conclusion:

These changes provide not only a solution to the old JP system and it's flaws; they provide the player with a number of rewarding options, they incentivize participation in event-arkfalls, and altogether make Defiance a more captivating experience.

In short, it makes Defiance more FUN!

All the required pieces are already in place, and these changes tie all the pieces together.