PDA

View Full Version : Leveling BMG's

Munx
04-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Anyone found a somewhat decent way of leveling these? Have tried trough kills, have tried trough constantly healing in arkfalls, but the progress should seems mind blowingly slow..

DustOfDeath
04-07-2013, 08:09 PM
it sucks hard - i havent even reached lvl 3 (even the archievement needs lvl 10... and max is liek what 20+?)

MattN
04-07-2013, 08:17 PM
I find that weapons level the quickest when you do coop maps. Try to heal your team in these, the damage sucks.

Dakirn
04-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Dual wield BMGs and take the Prepardness perk (reloads stored weapon over time).

Make one DPS and one for Healing, then go back to the earlier Mt. Tam/Marin stuff and slaughter through the side events DPSing/healing yourself. You should level it up quickly.

Hint.. find Hellbug nests or events with Hellbugs and slaughter the smaller ones with a BMG that has 7 links. The more targets the faster you should get the skill up.

Also, healing in Co-Op missions is where I seem to get the best skill.

Munx
04-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I always use prepardness, but it seems to bug out alot with dual bmg.

And yeah I guees ill try it in co-op its definatly where i've had the most sucsess with other weapons.

I have tried hellbug nests though, and I generally get next to no weapon xp from that

On the brightside once im done with 10 in this weapon I guees the others will feel like a breeze in comparrison haha :)

RawrKitty
04-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Dual wield BMGs and take the Prepardness perk (reloads stored weapon over time).

Make one DPS and one for Healing, then go back to the earlier Mt. Tam/Marin stuff and slaughter through the side events DPSing/healing yourself. You should level it up quickly.

Hint.. find Hellbug nests or events with Hellbugs and slaughter the smaller ones with a BMG that has 7 links. The more targets the faster you should get the skill up.

Also, healing in Co-Op missions is where I seem to get the best skill.

prepardness does not recharge your bmgs, only ammo based weapons, not charge

KashraFall
04-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I found a rather useful way of doing it. I run a BMG/LMG combo and use the BMG more often than my LMG. What I do is run around and use the BMG until it is empty, hit reload and switch to my LMG. A little known fact about the BMG is that it actually reloads while you have it stowed but you have to hit "R" first. Proceed to use your main gun and then switch back. This has netted me about 300k weapon exp in about 45 minutes which isn't alot but hey, it is progress.

DustOfDeath
04-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Did a whole arkfall of healing - and my BMG skill was 2 (with very close to 3) - in the end, my BMG skill still hand nott leveled up (and no, my weapon isnt maxed).
Sicne there are no numbers in skill levels the amount estimated needed from lvl 2 to 3 was around 2mm of the bar. Which should be low enough to level up with one whole arkfall run of healing Oo

Munx
04-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Arkfalls are very bad for leveling weapons in my experience...

My Bmg is up to level 3 now... and I swear the devil has a very special place reserved in hell for the guy who balanced the leveling of this weapon.

Its the most tedious weapon to level ever, and my eyes are literaly starting to bleed, though it might just be tears of pain lol.

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 07:43 AM
As someone with lvl 10 BMG skill, Hulkers are your best friend/enemy.

Edit: for anyone that does not know yet Hulkers take 2-3x damage plus the crit multiplier.

DustOfDeath
04-08-2013, 07:44 AM
well arkfall is good when people keep getting bombarded and attacked so i can constantly heal - but even then the exp from healing is soooo tiny -_-

Munx
04-08-2013, 07:45 AM
I quickly realised healing is the worst way to level the weapon though, it goes alot quicker via dmg..

Lindrei, intresting. You basicly farmed hulkers with the bmg to level? If so, any tips on where I may find some frequently? only ever run into them once or twice a day.

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Their is a side quest called Prject Aegis part 1, at the end of the 4 turret repairs there is an ever spawning Hulker (With hordes of hellbugs near it) their are also some Hulker spawns in the lower areas. Unfortunatly I cant remember the names of the areas but i will try and find them when i get home.

Munx
04-08-2013, 08:13 AM
:( Completed all side quests... Guees ill keep an eye out for random hulkers.

Dwane
04-08-2013, 08:15 AM
U wont get ANY weapon skill progress during arkfall.

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 08:16 AM
The ever spawning one will still be farmable if someone else starts the quest, with the little bug on the forth turret its a lovely farm even if you finish the quest.

DustOfDeath
04-08-2013, 08:19 AM
there is one at the end of the san quentin ruins at madera area.

Munx
04-08-2013, 08:22 AM
The ever spawning one will still be farmable if someone else starts the quest, with the little bug on the forth turret its a lovely farm even if you finish the quest.

pretty sure it will be in a seperate phase though?

Dust, does he spawn frequently?

Or are you talking about the one that only spawns during mainquest?

DustOfDeath
04-08-2013, 08:28 AM
no he spawns outside mainquest - its like the farm events you need to run out of range to restart it. so it should be repeatable - but you need to clear some other stuff before him.

So BMG gets exp also without killing? just for the dps?

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 08:29 AM
pretty sure it will be in a seperate phase though?

Dust, does he spawn frequently?

Or are you talking about the one that only spawns during mainquest?

I'm pretty sure it is part of the side mission since his respawn rate is about 20-30 sec after death.

Munx
04-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Sounds like i need to find a european with this side quest then hehe..

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 08:55 AM
So BMG gets exp also without killing? just for the dps?

Thats how all the weapons work. The DPS and HPS slowly add together to make the amount to lvl up. This is why you may suddenly lvl up when you are killing somthing with a ton of health.

Munx
04-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Guees ill sit in the turret area and see if anyone comes around to do the side quest -.-

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 09:24 AM
It can be brutal to lvl the BMG but you can learn the best tactics for each mob since it takes aboout 30sec to a min of channeling.

Munx
04-08-2013, 09:27 AM
hehe already know the tactis all to well from previous experience, so won't be gaining any of that sadly :p

Orge Lambart
04-08-2013, 09:31 AM
can find a Hulker at the end of the San Quinton (sp) mission, you turn off 4 Turrets, then survive an ambush than have a hulker spawn.

EAST N2382R
04-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Idkif this would work but you could do the hotshot: chicken glitch and have literally unlimited chickens spawning...

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 09:34 AM
If you ever want a challenge try and take down Elite Dark Matter or Bulwarks with it. It can be really frustrating with snipers though.

Munx
04-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Idkif this would work but you could do the hotshot: chicken glitch and have literally unlimited chickens spawning...

Lol, havn't glitched a challenge yet, and don't want to start down that route :)

Bulwarks are tough with most weapons, what really sucks is trying to take down one of the scrapper scorpiosn with it... takes FOREVER

KashraFall
04-08-2013, 09:49 AM

This is a interesting idea lol. You do more damage in those challenges so technically you would be getting 5k a zap no? Cheap but BMG leveling isn't exactly fun and not something I want to resort to lol.

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Bulwarks are tough with most weapons, what really sucks is trying to take down one of the scrapper scorpiosn with it... takes FOREVER

Forgot to mention about Forges since you can crit stream then for about 210 on the major crit point and 130 on the minor.

Munx
04-08-2013, 09:52 AM
It would prob work, but It is definatly not something Id advice, if trion values theyr leaderboards at all they will come down hard on people exploiting challenges, eventually.

good point Lindrei, but forges are rather stressful :D
But yeah ill prob try that actually, they are generally not impossible to find either.

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Any Scapper Arkfall will have them, not at the start of course but it will on stage 3 of distruction and when you distroy shield pylons for the other type.

KashraFall
04-08-2013, 09:58 AM
You can also do the scrap co-op map. There are two at the end of the mission, just kill the boss first and go with people you trust.

WaGzy
04-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Arfkalls are good to just SPAAAM

Also when against enemies remember to shoot it above these heads so it attaches to their heads for SO MANY CRITS

Munx
04-08-2013, 10:00 AM
I Might aswell just farm hulker in 101 if i were to do that :) to much trash clearing for just one kill tbh.

and no, arkfalls are bad :P been using my lmg there for ages, and it never gains a inch in arkfalls.
And NO, its not a capped lmg.

Delte
04-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Oh boy I wondered if it was just me and the BMG. I love to use it to heal and do damage at Arkfalls but its hardly moved in weapon skill. Will have to go find me a hulker I guess. I know where there are two I can use for this. BMG weapons need to be looked at because their exp gain is much slower than the other weapons.

Munx
04-08-2013, 10:07 AM
yeah leveling bmg's is directly unpleasent, and ofc its the last thing i need for my combat pursuit meh.... really want a diffrent colored machinist jumpsuit :p

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Hellbug Arkfall are terrable i agree, as well as Raider are kinda crappy but Scrapper especially major ones can be great to spam the Forges the entire time.

Santiak
04-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Still wondering why there's an overload mechanic that doesn't result in increased damage if released just before the weapon overloads.
Seems like it would be a good way to make the BMGs both more versatile, easier to level, and still have enough downsides to make it balanced by way of having to overload the weapon before aquiring a target. Effectively increasing reload time if you want to do higher damage, and at the same time risk overloading the weapon completely if you aren't paying attention, forcing a "worthless" reload - but overall do more damage over time when compared to how it currently works, endless stream of ticklenergy.

Not to say the ticklenergy stram is worthless with such a mechanic, quick reload and low damage to take care of skitterlings and other small annoyances, or, if applied to heal aswell - removing self-heal, keeping someone going that's constantly taking low amounts of damage, as well as someone taking huge amounts of spike-damage.

D'oh well.. where did that Hulker go?..

Lindrei
04-08-2013, 10:40 AM
The only problem with doing the overload mechanic with healing is the type of BMG that cannot link would not be able to heal you at all, that being said i am all for it being on the damage side of it.

Jad
04-08-2013, 11:01 AM
The best way to up any of the weapons skills is to hit soft points on targets. Turn on the damage numbers in options. then you can see the difference in what you should be working on. Linking BMG rays are like multipliers, if you can get 4 or 5 in a link you are getting all that damage for XP.

Bad BMG mob examples:

Arkfall crystals and warrior hell bugs

Good BMG mob examples:

Flying Hellbugs and Hulkers.

Hulkers can be found at:

1) Wandering, as already stated.
2) Soleptor Coop
3) Explosions 101 Coop
4) San Quentin

San Quentin is by far the fastest once you get use to useing the obstacles to your advantage.
it goes really fast with a group. Since Hulkers seem to be on the menu for the contracts. Its where I will be spending a lot of time.

You don't need the kill shot to get the credit either.

See you at San Quentin...

Exlor
04-09-2013, 04:07 AM
Okay guys, I've tried the San Quentin open quest and it is the absolute best way to level your bmg. As stated earlier, the quest features a hulker way inside the base, and your bmg does double damage to it. However, I accidentally found something noteworthy:

When you die and revive by respawning (DO NOT SELF-REVIVE), the hulker RESETS TO FULL HEALTH.

What this means is that you can farm the Hulker pretty much forever! I only brought 3 bmgs for the fight, and I maxed them all out in little under an hour or so. I so wished I brought 10 or more spanners. In fact, that's what I'm going to do next time, because this San Quentin hulker is a goldmine as long as you keep resetting it to full health. There's nothing to worry about if you die and respawn: your weapon levels have already been earned and you don't get a penalty to your xp for dying.

It's best to do this alone or with a group of likeminded bmg wielders, because you don't want the hulker to die. The best thing of all as opposed to Wandering Hulkers in the open world, is that the San Quentin quest is instanced, so you won't have any interference who just want to kill the hulker.

Munx
04-09-2013, 04:08 AM
Oh that is brilliant, wish I knew that before I spent all day getting my bmg to level 9, quite close to 10 now lol.

Still, its useful for other weapons if they end up being tiresome.

Raserei
04-09-2013, 04:11 AM
Arkfalls don't give weapon XP I have noticed. It might be because the monsters don't grant XP. I have tried everything and the XP doesn't move.

Exlor
04-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Now that you mention Munx, you can pretty much use level any weapon type quickly. It does get boring though, and you aren't earning any kills or anything else that will count towards your pursuit. But if weapon level is all you care about, the Hulker is the quest route to lvl 10.

Munx
04-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Finally managed to finish the bmg pursuit and The reward outfit was not what I thought it was, it was a orange version of the Engineer outfit in bit shop, and tbh it looks quite decent.

Though I must admit I was hoping for a black version of the starter outfit :)

And sadly the outfit has a really ugly graphics glitch where the back of your neck basicly becomes see trough...

Rabb
04-09-2013, 04:34 AM
so am I reading this right. You don't increase weapon skill if you have the weapon itself max out. Why? seems kinda dumb. Why should I have to keep using different weps once I found one I like.