PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Rounds were reset?

Tauriiel
07-18-2017, 07:47 PM
I know this is probably (technically) supposed to go under the bugs section - but whatever, I want to know if it's just a select few or platform wide problem.

Last week a friend of mine had this same issue. His rounds were being reset every day. He'd have to start over after contract reset at round 1. Today, it's the same thing for him.

And it's also what happened to me. (And at least one other clanmate of mine)

I was on or near round 20 before I logged out last night during the AM reset. Tonight, I'm back at round 1. This is obviously a bug, and a damn annoying one. I'm not able to be on during the day usually, and it's tedious as hell to continuously climb back up to the tiers every single night when the rewards are less than favourable.

Just so it is clear, this was NOT caused by an auto extraction. My rounds were in tact when I logged off this morning at 6AM EST.

Are the devs aware of this problem, and if so when will it be fixed?

My ticket has already been filed and sent in.

chow1116
07-18-2017, 09:37 PM
I have been having the same problem...as have 2 of my clanmates. I was going to start a similar thread to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Happened to me twice, once at round 34ish...and again the next day after getting rounds up to 12 again. And it happened to one of my clanmates twice in a day.

I hope it gets some attention.

Ada_01
07-18-2017, 10:26 PM
Just encountered the same fate as I logged in this evening. Not fun ((((: !

DeMoNofDEATH
07-19-2017, 04:47 AM
same issue here sometimes

Skiller115
07-19-2017, 05:42 AM
There is certainly something wrong with expos this week for one when I first started my expos this week the game asked for 0 hunter reqs in the HUD and when I joined the match it didn't take any hunter req from me either. Also after completion when I start another round it asks for another 0 hunter req but I'm able to stay on the next round and tier as normal. Another strange thing that happened yesterday is I searched for Heaven Sent and it put me in Stolen Purpose oddly enough. Unlike you guys my rounds were never reset like you guys.

Tauriiel
07-19-2017, 05:48 AM
There is certainly something wrong with expos this week for one when I first started my expos this week the game asked for 0 hunter reqs

^ That's a new update. It no longer costs requisition to enter expedition. This is to allow player's to get back into expeditions without paying the 1 required requisition whether it's because the player simply chooses to reset their progress, or because of the auto extractions they haven't yet fixed.

But the box does pop up every single time you try to enter an expedition now which is also annoying. It doesn't seem like everyone is having their rounds randomly reset, but quite a few are. Very disconcerting and I hope you never come face to face with this bug. :/ I'm a little timid to log on after contract reset. I managed to make it back up to Round 15 last night. Today I'll see about logging in sooner just in case this crap happens again.

In addition, I haven't encountered anything like this prior to the aforementioned update. Wonder if there's any correlation? Would be nice to have a dev way in, but shan't hold my breath...

Light Energy
07-19-2017, 06:26 AM
^ That's a new update. It no longer costs requisition to enter expedition. This is to allow player's to get back into expeditions without paying the 1 required requisition whether it's because the player simply chooses to reset their progress, or because of the auto extractions they haven't yet fixed.
Yeah :)

For Skiller115 and anyone else who missed it, see: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?259208-Patch-Notes-Ex-Inanis-2017-Hotfix-2

The requirement has been reduced, but removing the dialog/message box would require a bit more work (possible a client side update) because it is still part of the "start expedition" process.

In addition, I haven't encountered anything like this prior to the aforementioned update. Wonder if there's any correlation? Would be nice to have a dev way in, but shan't hold my breath...
I hope a dev does get round to this thread eventually :).

DEATHBRINGER210
07-19-2017, 08:15 AM
same issues here too, its happen to me while joining in on a friend

Alahali
07-19-2017, 09:00 AM
Same problem, my last round was 8 the day before, is not much but with the new system, the time is necessary for other activities.
Please will take note.

Wuzu
07-19-2017, 04:40 PM
I had this issue happen to me twice last week, and once again so far this week. I suspect it may have something to do with the nightly server reset, because the three times it has happened to me, each has been after logging back in after it. Oddly enough, my main toon had it's rounds reset, but one of my alt toons kept his.

Tauriiel
07-20-2017, 07:18 AM
I sent my request to Trion because yesterday was the second day consecutive with the same problem, I'll wait for good news.

P.s.: For this reason, our trade is delayed :mad:

What time do you normally log in? Maybe I can meet you on sooner, although helps not when one of us will have to likely climb our rounds back up. For the shinier T4's. :rolleyes:

Alahali
07-20-2017, 07:26 AM
What time do you normally log in? Maybe I can meet you on sooner, although helps not when one of us will have to likely climb our rounds back up. For the shinier T4's. :rolleyes:

Today I'm working and I suppose 8 hours more, so the slave gonna be on at night (Argentine time of course).
Shinier T4's?, I hope don't expand my t3 collection :)

ZamboniChaos
07-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info folks. We're looking into this now.

Destromathe
07-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Hey All,

Thanks for the reports, and we are looking into this issue. We will get back to you all as soon as we know more. Thanks!

John2984
07-20-2017, 03:50 PM
Suddenly I am happy to have been too nooby for those expos. Takes a lot of work to get to high tiers. Resetting daily makes them seem like a waste of time to do. Hopefully it's just a bug and can be fixed.

Dopey359
07-20-2017, 04:50 PM
this happened to me and 1 of my friends twice this week

Tauriiel
07-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the info folks. We're looking into this now.

Hey All,

Thanks for the reports, and we are looking into this issue. We will get back to you all as soon as we know more. Thanks!

Thanks guys, appreciate it. :) It's quite frustrating.

Tashinka
07-21-2017, 08:53 AM
yesterday my expo round was negatively re-set to rd 1 tier 23 - weird
earlier in the week, I was kicked out of an expo by an ego 895 player, but I'm not starting a thread calling for expo removal, just found it funny

Tauriiel
07-21-2017, 09:14 AM
earlier in the week, I was kicked out of an expo by an ego 895 player

Weren't pulling your own weight, eh? :rolleyes:

Valani
07-21-2017, 09:28 AM
I was kicked out of an expo by an ego 895 player, but I'm not starting a thread calling for expo removal

For just that reason alone wouldn't be a justifiable reason to remove it. Gotta be careful in high tiers when there's a low EGO around. Never troll their co-op.

This Wednesday, I did Paradise weekly and the next day, tried entering Heaven Sent, it asked for 1 Hunter Requisition. That shouldn't be since it's still in the same week. (shrugs shoulders)

Johnny Dbag
07-22-2017, 12:14 PM
I guess im on the expo round reset team also.

Alahali
07-22-2017, 12:24 PM

Welcome to the club Johnny :cool:

chow1116
07-22-2017, 01:02 PM

welcome johnny lol i just hope you dont get picked 2 days in a row...not fun.

Light Energy
07-22-2017, 02:39 PM
Just a question / observation: is this happening on consoles (PS3) only?

I haven't seen this on PC and I don't think anyone who has reported it happening is on PC...

Just wondering if there is something specific to those consoles that is causing this issue (like where / how information is transmitted or stored).

chow1116
07-22-2017, 05:43 PM
only people ive known that it happen to via in game and forums has been ps3...perhaps it is a ps3 only issue.

chow1116
07-22-2017, 09:03 PM
Any update from the devs on this matter. Its still happening and has happened twice in less than 3 hours today to a clanmate i was expoing with.

Wuzu
07-26-2017, 05:13 PM
This happened to me again last night, meanwhile other players rounds from the week before suddenly got added (yet they started Monday on a fresh round 1).

It appears to be on a character to character basis. I went to do an expo on one of my alts, and his rounds from last week got added on.

It also does appear to be isolated to a PS3 issue, for as widespread and common of an issue as it's been on PS3, I'd find it hard to believe that nobody else on other platforms has chimed in by now if it were a problem across the board.

Tashinka
07-27-2017, 10:17 AM
This happened to me again last night, meanwhile other players rounds from the week before suddenly got added (yet they started Monday on a fresh round 1).

It appears to be on a character to character basis. I went to do an expo on one of my alts, and his rounds from last week got added on.

It also does appear to be isolated to a PS3 issue, for as widespread and common of an issue as it's been on PS3, I'd find it hard to believe that nobody else on other platforms has chimed in by now if it were a problem across the board.I ran an expo on Tuesday, should have been round 3, but it bumped me up 10 rounds to round 13, tier 35; maybe the expos on PS3 are similar to a time machine

Wuzu
07-27-2017, 03:58 PM
I ran an expo on Tuesday, should have been round 3, but it bumped me up 10 rounds to round 13, tier 35; maybe the expos on PS3 are similar to a time machine

Maybe instead of entering your expo, you and other friends accidentally stepped into my T.A.R.D.I.S.? #ArkhuntingThroughAllTimeAndSpace

DEATHBRINGER210
07-29-2017, 10:48 AM
my rounds didnt reset this week. from last week

DEATHBRINGER210
07-29-2017, 03:06 PM
tier 235 for t4s smh

Pope Pain
08-01-2017, 07:06 AM
Now I've been experiencing issues where it says there are enemies left and nothing is anywhere including the back room behind the barrier in the room before boat area. It has failed completion on high tier expos 6 times last week and now three times today.

Tashinka
08-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Weren't pulling your own weight, eh? :rolleyes:lol - apparently not :)
upon joining, asked if full, they replied "no" & opened the door, i threw down a damage spike, started shooting & bam - out the door - it was surreal