PDA

View Full Version : tank character build.

TruGamer4Realz
04-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I have been playing around and came up with the following . On multi player its pretty much unstoppable. I have had 3 people shooting me at once and I killed all three no problem. Let me know what you all have for builds.

Overcharge as eco power

Regeneration
Killing spree
Execution
Nerves of steel
Cellular armor
Fortitude
Thick skinned
Blood lust and/or energy leech
Just reward- just for story I pretty much sell everything I get. Over 100k in scrip so far.

Mudblood
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I only have 4 perks unlocked. Waiting to unlock more.

TruGamer4Realz
04-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I only have 4 perks unlocked. Waiting to unlock more.
Def try this its pretty groovy.

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 09:20 PM
I have been playing around and came up with the following . On multi player its pretty much unstoppable. I have had 3 people shooting me at once and I killed all three no problem. Let me know what you all have for builds.

Overcharge as eco power

Regeneration
Killing spree
Execution
Nerves of steel
Cellular armor
Fortitude
Thick skinned
Just reward- just for story I pretty much sell everything I get. Over 100k in scrip so far.

Holy crapola Batman!! I'm looking throught the perks you mentioned, and this is a fantastic tank. I just use my decoy as a tank, but for co-op this would be amazing.

I really wish DPS, Tank, Healer, and Support roles would take more effect in this game, but I guess its designed more to be played solo.

Awsome build though

TruGamer4Realz
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Holy crapola Batman!! I'm looking throught the perks you mentioned, and this is a fantastic tank. I just use my decoy as a tank, but for co-op this would be amazing.

I really wish DPS, Tank, Healer, and Support roles would take more effect in this game, but I guess its designed more to be played solo.

Awsome build though

Thanks it really does do the job.

Mudblood
04-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Def try this its pretty groovy.

I rarely ever lose my shield so some of those are pointless.

TruGamer4Realz
04-07-2013, 09:39 PM
I also use a respark 2 shield it has a 2.85 recharge on it at 70 percent. But yes with this if you do get hit by multiple enemies it works great. Everyone's style is different. If your more of the sit back , take cover and approach it may not be for you. This is just a general one man vs everything build. I like to squad up with a crew and if anyone is downed its great to take out multiple targets while healing a teammate or taking people out till you can get to them. To each his or her own.

Wynce
04-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Why no rearguard?

Edit: Also, 6% longer Overcharge (from Killing spree) is 0.6 seconds additional per kill. I really don't think that's worth three points. I'd change it for something else. Rear Guard or Blast Shield, probably.

TruGamer4Realz
04-08-2013, 04:55 AM
ill have to try that. thanks

Mudblood
04-08-2013, 05:08 AM
I also use a respark 2 shield it has a 2.85 recharge on it at 70 percent. But yes with this if you do get hit by multiple enemies it works great. Everyone's style is different. If your more of the sit back , take cover and approach it may not be for you. This is just a general one man vs everything build. I like to squad up with a crew and if anyone is downed its great to take out multiple targets while healing a teammate or taking people out till you can get to them. To each his or her own.

I play a in your face approach as well. Just I dont lose my shield.

lagaros
04-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Here is my set-up:
EGO Power: Cloak
Shield: Respark Regenerator II D - 1066 capacity, 40% regen/sec, 3 sec recharge delay, Bio-effect damage resistance, +25% health regen
Perk 1: Thick skinned
Perk 2: Rear Guard
Perk 3: Blast Shield
Perk 4: Detachment
Perk 5: Cellular armor

This works for me. Fast shield regen, constant health regen, decent damage reduction, get hit by less explosions due to blast shield. This is super effective against Blast pods, Hellbug Archers, 99er Blacklungs, and Tankers - and those are what usually take people down the most.

Captianmudflaps
04-08-2013, 05:47 AM

Overcharge as eco power

Regeneration
Killing spree
Execution
Nerves of steel
Cellular armor
Fortitude
Thick skinned
ive been looking for someone with a similar play style and would like to let you know i run a clan called the arcangels and im formally (as formally as i can lol) inviting you to join we play around joke do missions help each other and do ark falls together and even pvp (When it lets us) but my GT on xbox is CaptainMudFlaps message me either there or on here ill leave that to you and just to let you know in this clan were all like brothers so if you join welcome to the brotherhood!XD

Derity
04-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Alot of your Perks are DPS... lol

savimbi69
04-08-2013, 07:37 AM
i prefer noob mode, never use EGO and just use dance emote in the middle of an arkfall

NalkorRN
04-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Why no rearguard?

Edit: Also, 6% longer Overcharge (from Killing spree) is 0.6 seconds additional per kill. I really don't think that's worth three points. I'd change it for something else. Rear Guard or Blast Shield, probably.

I'd recommend blast shield, if only because of how nasty explosive weapons can be, so lowering the effective radius by almost half is very useful.

TruGamer4Realz
04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
You must be god then.

TruGamer4Realz
04-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Alot of your Perks are DPS... lol

Dps? Dunno what that means.

AntTony917
04-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Whats your Ego?

Brock 5amson
04-08-2013, 10:35 AM
DPS - Derps per second

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-08-2013, 10:41 AM
I'll have to give my character a respec and try this out. I swap between the sneaky sniper and shotty tank so this should be nice. :)

BROCK 5AMSON! Its good to see that you've climbed out of the gulanite mines long enough to visit the forums again! :p

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 10:45 AM

Fishing for attention? Its almost impossible to play a tank without losing shield, unless you are using cover, but then you are not a true tank

toons
04-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Awsome build though

this is a skilled based game healing, tanks, or support is not needed. but is always a plus

TruGamer4Realz
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Fishing for attention? Its almost impossible to play a tank without losing shield, unless you are using cover, but then you are not a true tank

Finally someone calls him out.

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 11:33 AM
this is a skilled based game healing, tanks, or support is not needed. but is always a plus

I agree that the skill of this game is much more fun to me than focusing on a build, but TruGamer made a full on tank, so now I would like to see a slightly more dynamic perk system.

I've noticed that the co-op maps are full of people trying to do as much DPS as possible for ranking, and I would love to see a slightly better teamwork environment. Its ok if they don't though, I still enjoy the game.

Define EternaL
04-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Ultra super fantastic legendary ORANGE shield. Tank to the max.

Klayton
05-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Most of the MMO's I play I tank so naturally I looked toward all the health and defense perks first but realized that some of them of them are a bit pointless and not really used in my play style(Rearguard) I try to rush in before everyone and grab the rooms attention. Right now I'm running:
SAW - Bio - 3/4 Mods (No Sight attachment)
BMG or Detonator (Auto Explode)
Frag or Pyrogrenade
Rhino Shield - 1685 Capacity - 40% Recharge rate - 9.6 before rech. (thats where the BMG comes in)

Decoy Ego - 785 (5 perks)
Fortitude
Cellular Armor
Thick Skinned
Bloodlust
Regeneration

I do think your build is better though Tru once I get all of my perks unlocked I'll try it out.

A s0t
05-08-2013, 11:33 AM
i prefer noob mode, never use EGO and just use dance emote in the middle of an arkfall
yep it the only way to not lag out or have your xbox freeze up