PDA

View Full Version : In The Face of Defiance

Haste in Time
02-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Hello Friends!

:cool: Tom here.

I have been reading around the General Forums and have discovered that there is PvP, Shadow-Wars, and more. PvP in a shooter? Huh?! Does that mean 1v1 or are we talking actual teams like Halo, Battlefield or something like the scale of MAG for the PS3 even. For those not in the know of MAG it boasted 256 Player battles and is not an MMO. That is HUGE for a shooter.

Just to give you a small idea of Vgames I have played; I come from shooters like Doom, Quake, Wolfenstien, Duke Nukem, Halo, Gears, Section-8, FarCry and Crysis. Needless to say I've had a long-, long-history with many different shooters and even on PC I have played Blacklight: Retribution which I think will be my only comparison if at all. Since I feel it would be unfair to compare it to other shooters and just I'm trying to grasp the concept of the game being SciFi, MO, and Shooter. As I'm just trying to make sense of it all. All I know is that you and I- we are all to be 'Ark Hunters'.

Mostly I just need to know what you know and think of Defiance so far?
&
Will you be getting the Defiance Ultimate Edition GameStop Exclusive or equivalent?
(Closed Beta members beware of what you spill, as I don't want you getting banned or anything)

:confused:Cause I barely remember Defi from last year's E3 and the concept is a bit fuzzy right now.
;) At least I know the TV show is looking solid upon what its about and based around.

Ah- just one last thing, I have to add. I hope to god this doesn't turn out something like Star Trek Online and it instead feels n' plays more like a shooter does maybe similar to Mass Effect or Fallout even? hmm... I just don't know what to expect and sometimes those are the best surprises.

:pThanx!
Edit:

IGN's One Hour With Defiance (I don't guarantee that this is safe to watch at work)
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/20/defiance-one-hour-with-defiance

@Roadkill
Thank you for the IGN mention. It seems that the Player numbers for Clans/Guilds are uncertain and the network details are also sketchy until release according to the video we are all required on the 360 to have active Live Gold Accounts for play unlike Final Fantasy 11.

RoadKill
02-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Well there will be matches that are set up like 5v5 and bigger. Shadow war are selective PvP i n open world. Supposed to support 100's of players. This game is a shooter firs and a memo second. There is a video of the game play on the ign website. Bout a hr long. Should give you a good idea of the game play.

there are 2 threads about which system and which edition ordered. I ordered the ultimate edition for pc

Haste in Time
02-24-2013, 11:31 PM
@Roadkill:
Well I could just read the dozens of replies but I didn't feel like reading everyone of them so I just wondered what editions we were getting around the world and if its different like MetalGearRising Revengeance was for US and EU players that spent the extra dough.

I'll check that out but our opinions are welcome of the game here as well. Thanx! :]

A s0t
02-24-2013, 11:38 PM
MAG is 8 v 8. when you get past the A/B boxes then it 32 v 32 everyone for them selves Aqusition is about the same and domination is 8 v 8, in the beginning then it crazy at the end if your on SVER. if your on raven or valor your wasting time. SVER easy mode no its not, they have this thing called TEAMWORK, and this other thing called MEDICS. i played on all 3 and no one revives on Valor or Raven, with all the maps neutral you can say map protection i miss my K/D i went to Raven

Escyos
02-24-2013, 11:50 PM
PvP maps can have minimum 8v8 (I think) players assigned to teams randomly or by who you are grouped with. Shadow War does the same escept there can be a maximum of 96 players and its in the overworld.

A s0t
02-24-2013, 11:56 PM
bigger question is can we teamkill :)

Escyos
02-25-2013, 12:04 AM
bigger question is can we teamkill :)

Probably not, we've seen on some of the livestreams in the co-op maps shooting right through teammates and not injuring them, so PvP may be the same. Then again you can injure yourself with explosions so maybe.

RoadKill
02-25-2013, 12:18 AM
@Roadkill:
Well I could just read the dozens of replies but I didn't feel like reading everyone of them so I just wondered what editions we were getting around the world and if its different like MetalGearRising Revengeance was for US and EU players that spent the extra dough.

I'll check that out but our opinions are welcome of the game here as well. Thanx! :]
Ahh well I have read them and there are lots for all 3 systems and in all edditions for many diff reasons.

Haste in Time
02-25-2013, 01:07 AM
Probably not, we've seen on some of the livestreams in the co-op maps shooting right through teammates and not injuring them, so PvP may be the same. Then again you can injure yourself with explosions so maybe.

@Escyos:
This could be one of those games for the case of explosives that is like "hey stop shooting so close to yourself or feel the wrath, oh and your Friends are not gonna get hurt from you cause its co-op" or some such. LoL

Or it could damage everything/everyone which it seemed like for the most part and the video from IGN is only a peek of the game of in-development progress thus far.