PDA

View Full Version : Features Explained

Capattac
04-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Anyone want to tackle explaining the elements of the game? It would be nice to have a better understanding of the mechanics, mods, goals. Things like synergies and everything else that leaves noobs scratching their head. If everybody that knew only posted one detail, this thread could develop into a one stop shop!

**Update**
Thank you to all that replay! Your knowledge is invaluable and respected. Not being lazy just trying to be organized with this info so we have more time to grind!!!

Scout2
04-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Great Idea. I am only Ego 40 so still kind of new. Just tried to Mod some things today and could only break down weapons I didn't want into coin (script? or Bits? what is the difference?). I couldn't seem to make any positive changes to any of my weapons. Has anyone else had any luck with this yet? I also was wondering if a player can have access to more than one Ego Power at a time? I only have invisibility but would like to also have access to the higher damage power for Arkfalls. Does anyone know if it is possible to have access to more than one Ego power at a time?

Solus
04-08-2013, 12:47 AM
As far as I know you can have every perk/ego power which will take a long time, but you can only have 1 ego power in each loadout. So basically you can't combine them like using decoy then overcharge on a group of enemies. I guess that would defeat the purpose of grouping together for difficult encounters since you combine the powers with other players like a tactic. Now for modding I'm still learning about them but i assume that the synergy mod caches can give you the best type of mods but its random. the synergy mods have sets so if you mod one weapon with a full set then its better than with normal mods.

Scout2
04-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the info on perks/ego. There is a great forum thread about mods at http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24511-can-mods-be-removed-from-weapons
what I am doing is taking some of the good posts and copying & pasting them into word documents that I can later refer to when I need them. I also incorporate the web site address at the top of my word document to help me check back later for any new posts on the thread.

CeissaDesiste
04-08-2013, 09:23 AM
When modding weapons, make sure you unequip it! Most of the things you can do to them won't work unless its unequipped.

When breaking down a weapon it turns it into resources which you use when modding weapons. As you get higher in EGO rank, use higher grade weapons, the cost of how many resources you need will go up.

Some weapons already have mod slots open on them, so you can equip mods into those slots when you either buy them or get them as a mission reward.

Most weapons will need to have mod slots added to them to get it the way you want. When adding a mod slot it takes 10 minutes and you don't get to choose what mod slot is added.

When removing a mod you have two available options, you can remove all mods from the slots so you can replace them with new ones (yes when removing a mod it does them all and you can't choose which ones to remove). Or you can remove the mods and destroy the weapon, so you can use the mods in a different weapon. Removing a mod takes 5mins. I'm not sure how long it takes to remove all mods and destroy the weapon as I have yet to find a reason to do this since mods are pretty cheap and easy to come by.