PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to clans?

cheeseballsssss
07-30-2017, 06:00 AM
I've been away for some time, logged in today and i can only see 5 members on the clan list. 8 empty pages. Is this working as intended?

Light Energy
07-30-2017, 06:16 AM
Recent changes (related to the Ex Inanis lag spikes) in the code revealed some problems with the clan code. Ironing out wrinkles in the clan code has caused the clan list to display only partial information. It seems to show only members who have logged in within the last few (maybe up to 24) hours.

As I have stated in the past, there is no blame being cast on clans in any way. However, understand that the system was never meant to hold up with clans that have thousands of members. This is the fault of the developers, by not having a cap on the number of clan members, which we will be adding in the future to curb these kinds of problems. We have resolved issues within the code to help to handle these large clans, however because clan leaders are inviting and not removing members, causing them to grow ever larger, we will need to take some kind of action to prevent things from getting further out of hand.

At the same time, there is the ability to remove members of a clan that have not logged in for a long time, and in some clans there are members who have not logged in for years. This is something we are looking at, and will need to do something about to improve the place experience of all. In the meantime, we would ask that clan leaders please try and remove inactive clan members, to improve your play experience!

In regards to the clan members list not showing up, we felt that this was a necessary patch to make the game more playable and eliminate the lag issues. Now that we have solved one issue, we are moving on to the next, which is clan lists not showing up properly. Please bear with us while we continue to work on this.

There was also this thread about ideas for avoiding the issue for large clans etc: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?260229-Let-s-Talk-Clans.