PDA

View Full Version : Why is the "exit game" ability so vague?

Entrope
04-07-2013, 09:42 PM
I am not new to MMO's (although so far this game feels like a single player game, Ive only played it a few hours, maybe im still in tutorial mode)....

But why did i have to fumble through multiple UI screens and still never find an easy way to exit the game?

I finally just hit ALT F4, but I am assuming there is a better way to do it?

Escape button, not really. Was this game's UI designed mostly for console players?

Komakala
04-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Esc, hold space and upper left corner is Logout upper right is Exit.

Arsenic_Touch
04-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Because the UI was designed for a console and it was ported over the PC instead of making it keyboard friendly.
It's why the chat is so terrible and the menus are just... blah. I'm really hoping they set some people aside and say "FIX THIS SHTAKO NOW!"

Entrope
04-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Thank you so much! I would have never thought to hold space after hitting escape! So you have to use a combo to exit? Seems counter intuitive. Most games you hit escape and there is IMMEDIATELY a "exit game" option.

Steadfast
04-07-2013, 09:47 PM
THOU SHALT NOT QUIT!
Seriously, the UI is clunky as hell. Y can't I desintegrate many weaposn at once? I cant I traade many items at once? Why Do I have to click through 4 Menues instead of one drop down menue for trading/ invitiing etc.? I don't like it. Its no real gamebreaker, but its sure as sugar is sweet - clunky.
Well. To me ;)
Cheers
Daniel

Tsi
04-07-2013, 09:47 PM
/exit and /logout

cfStatic
04-07-2013, 09:51 PM
I just use Ctrl+Q to quit the game. Much faster than digging through the menus or using the menu wheel.