PDA

View Full Version : Day 6, Improvements, Improvements, Improvements, Niiiice! WTF?

Oveur
04-07-2013, 09:43 PM
There we go! The only thing that prevents me going from mildly insane to insane is that Im seeing improvements and progress. I know, some of you still encounter issues and we wont stop till its all dealt with. Were still taking down the servers to deploy code fixes or reconfiguration at a pretty rapid rate.

Some platforms and regions will experience this even two times a day, like XBOX in North America. Most other platforms and regions get these much less frequently and have had their servers running pretty great since launch.

So why do I say improvements? How can I say this when Ive had X problems? We update and we see the effect of changes. How often do we update? Every day now since we launched. What do we measure? Everything. From forums and twitter to player behavior and server metrics. And my psychic gimp in my cellar.

One of those is that there have never been more people playing on XBOX in North America than tonight, without having 23,000 tweets about lag. There were actually only 23. That and our metrics indicated the same. There are hundreds of thousands of us Arkhunters out there playing and every time we make it a better experience for one more person, it makes me cry tears of joy. In our case, minor improvements end up improving it for thousands at a time. I always find that amazing.

So while we continue to keep our eye on XBOX in North America, which keeps on growing as I write this, these are our priorities:

Game Server Crashes Get disconnected or timing out? Thats most likely a game server crashing. It disconnects you and usually you can come straight back in. You might also encounter those zombie servers, which just give you that the service is unavailable. You will be feeling this more in instances and PVP matches.

Disappearing items & Salvage Matrix Have you had your items disappear mysteriously? Were you in the Salvage Matrix at the time? There is a connection. If you are in the Salvage Matrix and on your way to a match or instance, you have a higher chance of this happening. There are other cases but this is the most common case. You can of course contact customer support about this.

Chat & VOIP Yes, this isnt going off the list. We know. We hear it. We see it.

If youre still experiencing issues with client download, patching, connectivity, customer support is the right people for you. Issues reported are getting very few and those that are having problems, please dont hesitate to contact them. It not only helps you get set up, it helps us narrow down on edge cases and gather information of the last spots that have problems.

In the last update I mentioned that there is a DLC on the way after our two upcoming fix and improvement patches. I also noticed that in the following discussion, there was debate about what resources did what and when. This is a pretty common misconception and understandably so. Game development is very complicated on this scale.

The short version of it is that not everyone can contribute to everything. As much as Id like to, the engineers would not let me touch code with a ten foot pole despite me having ultimate authority here and telling them of my mad skills (I made webpages once). I think they are right though, just between you hundreds of thousands out there and me.

That being said, we prioritize our development team in general categories just as we prioritize what individual issues we work on. If a person has anything in the highest category, that person works on that before anything else. This is how it looks right now.

Full Cluster Crashes

Game Server Crashes

Live Gameplay issues

Upcoming patches

DLCs

I also told you the other day that I was working on my omnipotence so what we also did to keep better focus on Live issues is that we moved the kick-off that was supposed to be tomorrow Monday for the next DLC, back a week. It only involved a relatively small part of the team, mainly artists and designers but I figured Id give you some insight into how we actively prioritize and pivot here. And if you suddenly see Space Unicorns in PVP matches as a result of me and the artists trying fix server crashes, dont blame me. Just enjoy the moment of Space Unicorn-ess.

Since were all full of lists here, we should probably close this blog with another list which summarizes a couple of things.

Great progress in the last week, some still outstanding and were on it

Patch in a week with improvements and fixes

Patch about 2 weeks after that with more improvements and fixes

DLC moved out to provide further focus on fixes

But now I jinxed it. As I wrote that last bullet point, a part of North America just disconnected due to what looks like one of our network providers having a hiccup. I estimate that as about 3000 twitters souls worth of disconnects. Yes, those WTF moments do still happen as I mentioned earlier. Usually with perfect timing. Were now investigating this but you reconnected pretty fast again but some of you might not have been load balanced properly so youre experiencing lag now.

We have good leads on our top issues, better visibility and signal-to-noise ratio after this week, and Im confident that our woop-to-wtf ratio will improve considerably in the next days.

Ave Arkhunter,

Oveur

ActiveIntersect
04-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the update.

I'm enjoying the improvements. I was able to do a major arkfall with 40+ other players on the 360 today with some lag, but it was still playable.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I love reading your updates. The humor in them is a very nice touch.

Glad to see that you guys are making progress AND that you've even pushed back the DLC to focus on remaining problems. Not a lot of companies would do that, and i think that that shows how much you guys care about the problems we are experiencing and how hard you're all working to make sure that those problems go away.

I'll be linking this blog in my sig, as I always do, so that others might find this little nugget of goodness and knowledge. Maybe some ketchup with it too. :)

Taaltos
04-07-2013, 10:30 PM
I LOVE these posts. :)

Gamer260
04-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Okay so great for a update and all but the biggest question I got is you guys say to contact CS when items go missing but CS is basically saying they don't have the tools to restore the lost items yet so what exactly are we suppose to do? I would love to get my weapons I lost back but I feel like I am spinning my wheels every time I log in to end up losing a weapon or item to some random bug.

Javik
04-07-2013, 11:07 PM
when the DLC is released will any of the season 1 quests or NPCs be removed from the game? If so when and will this change the game experience for a new player who might buy the game after the TV show goes live.

Asking because somewhere on the forum (in the pile of threads) I thought I read that season 1 quests were being removed.

I hope they stay at least till the TV show releases season 2. Have a few friends at work debating on buying the game but they would like to see how well the syfy does before jumping into the game.

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Oveur, can I please just take a moment to say that I love you.

I'm a PS3 user that has had absolutely zero issues with this game *luckily* so this thread just helps to let me know that you guys are still out there in case I do ever hit any issues.

Thanks a million

Katiedaning
04-07-2013, 11:47 PM
What about unlocking the servers on xbox? Please make the servers region free.

Taaltos
04-07-2013, 11:48 PM
What about unlocking the servers on xbox? Please make the servers region free.

This was addressed by Sledge. Go to Dev Tracker section and look for his post.

They plan on unlocking regions for XBOX.

Katiedaning
04-07-2013, 11:50 PM
This was addressed by Sledge. Go to Dev Tracker section and look for his post.

They plan on unlocking regions for XBOX.
I read that but , they never gave any info on when that would be.

MacDeath
04-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Oveur, you posted:

"But now I jinxed it. As I wrote that last bullet point, a part of North America just disconnected due to what looks like one of our network providers having a hiccup. I estimate that as about 3000 twitters souls worth of disconnects. Yes, those “WTF” moments do still happen as I mentioned earlier. Usually with perfect timing. We’re now investigating this but you reconnected pretty fast again but some of you might not have been load balanced properly so you’re experiencing lag now. "

I'm sure that even an Icelander is aware of Murphy's Law, "Anything that can go wrong will."
But you might not have heard what Mrs Murphy had to say, "Murphy is an optomist."
I also think MacDeath's Corollary to Murphy's Law comes into play, "It will go wrong in the worst possible way at the worst possible time."

Keep your powder dry and keep these blogs coming.

Stay Frosty :cool:

Nerdy Ryuu
04-08-2013, 12:04 AM
What is there to many people playing on xbox or something? That you guys cant keep up?
Anyway thanks for the update.

I also want game to be region free so dont for get that tooooo.

Zyke
04-08-2013, 12:07 AM
So what is the update on when the pursuits being fixed? Or load out fixes? Just acknowledge them at least.

DSWBeef
04-08-2013, 12:19 AM
This is why I tell people that TRION is today the ONLY AAA mmo dev that cares. They ACTIVELY communicate with their fans and provide quick and amazing patches and content. Keep it up Trion!

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-08-2013, 12:50 AM
So what is the update on when the pursuits being fixed? Or load out fixes? Just acknowledge them at least.

Those will likely be tacked onto the upcoming patch, or in smaller patches to come. Let them work out the connection issues first, then they'll get onto that.

Nytphantom
04-08-2013, 01:22 AM
One of those is that there have never been more people playing on XBOX in North America than tonight, without having 23,000 tweets about lag. There were actually only 23. That and our metrics indicated the same. There are hundreds of thousands of us Arkhunters out there playing and every time we make it a better experience for one more person, it makes me cry tears of joy. In our case, minor improvements end up improving it for thousands at a time. I always find that amazing.
(Sigh)...You all got my hopes up. But I guess I still am one of the unfortunates whose xbox version is still lagged out. I stopped playing about 4 days ago because my toon is sitting outside iron demon ranch and was not able to do anything due to the lag. Not talking an inconvienience, but an out right no ui, no movement (shouldnt say that..1/2" in about 10 minutes)...not able to pull menus up..heck I wasnt even able to get into the xbox dashboard by hitting the xbox button. So yes..I gave up on the game at that point until I read of improvements. I read this and thought YES!!! So put the disk back in and tried it out and its is the same exact issue. So I really do not know what to do/say at this point in regards to the xbox version of the game. Guess it will go back on the shelf for another week and see what happens then. (sigh)
P.s. the only reason I am writing this is not to whine, but since it seems like success (per the blog) is based on the amount of good/negative posts...I felt it was necessary to mention it. Gotta keep in mind to that (unfortunately) the posts may have dropped in volume because alot of us just gave up...sorry.

Fate
04-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Can you guys check that rollers bug ? Seriously mine went to level 40 and my bonuses disappeared... That's really messed up lol. But the last 2 days it's been amazing how well the servers are running thanks a lot for the hardwork :D

The description of the bug is here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?25426-Sledge-Bug-Roller-Rank-Up-Bug-Skill-Reset-to-1)

Brill
04-08-2013, 02:43 AM
Another patch which is d/l at a god awful speed fvk me this is ridiculous I was playing the game not 2 hours ago and now its telling me I ave to wait for this flaming patch to come down.................... yep there is my sook for today live with it

Mental
04-08-2013, 03:00 AM
thanks for the update Nathan.

IIFatalshockII
04-08-2013, 04:38 AM
There we go! The only thing that prevents me going from mildly insane to insane is that Im seeing improvements and progress. I know, some of you still encounter issues and we wont stop till its all dealt with. Were still taking down the servers to deploy code fixes or reconfiguration at a pretty rapid rate.

Some platforms and regions will experience this even two times a day, like XBOX in North America. Most other platforms and regions get these much less frequently and have had their servers running pretty great since launch.

So why do I say improvements? How can I say this when Ive had X problems? We update and we see the effect of changes. How often do we update? Every day now since we launched. What do we measure? Everything. From forums and twitter to player behavior and server metrics. And my psychic gimp in my cellar.

So while we continue to keep our eye on XBOX in North America, which keeps on growing as I write this, these are our priorities:

Game Server Crashes Get disconnected or timing out? Thats most likely a game server crashing. It disconnects you and usually you can come straight back in. You might also encounter those zombie servers, which just give you that the service is unavailable. You will be feeling this more in instances and PVP matches.

Disappearing items & Salvage Matrix Have you had your items disappear mysteriously? Were you in the Salvage Matrix at the time? There is a connection. If you are in the Salvage Matrix and on your way to a match or instance, you have a higher chance of this happening. There are other cases but this is the most common case. You can of course contact customer support about this.

If youre still experiencing issues with client download, patching, connectivity, customer support is the right people for you. Issues reported are getting very few and those that are having problems, please dont hesitate to contact them. It not only helps you get set up, it helps us narrow down on edge cases and gather information of the last spots that have problems.

In the last update I mentioned that there is a DLC on the way after our two upcoming fix and improvement patches. I also noticed that in the following discussion, there was debate about what resources did what and when. This is a pretty common misconception and understandably so. Game development is very complicated on this scale.

The short version of it is that not everyone can contribute to everything. As much as Id like to, the engineers would not let me touch code with a ten foot pole despite me having ultimate authority here and telling them of my mad skills (I made webpages once). I think they are right though, just between you hundreds of thousands out there and me.

That being said, we prioritize our development team in general categories just as we prioritize what individual issues we work on. If a person has anything in the highest category, that person works on that before anything else. This is how it looks right now.

Full Cluster Crashes

Game Server Crashes

Live Gameplay issues

Upcoming patches

DLCs

I also told you the other day that I was working on my omnipotence so what we also did to keep better focus on Live issues is that we moved the kick-off that was supposed to be tomorrow Monday for the next DLC, back a week. It only involved a relatively small part of the team, mainly artists and designers but I figured Id give you some insight into how we actively prioritize and pivot here. And if you suddenly see Space Unicorns in PVP matches as a result of me and the artists trying fix server crashes, dont blame me. Just enjoy the moment of Space Unicorn-ess.

Since were all full of lists here, we should probably close this blog with another list which summarizes a couple of things.

But now I jinxed it. As I wrote that last bullet point, a part of North America just disconnected due to what looks like one of our network providers having a hiccup. I estimate that as about 3000 twitters souls worth of disconnects. Yes, those WTF moments do still happen as I mentioned earlier. Usually with perfect timing. Were now investigating this but you reconnected pretty fast again but some of you might not have been load balanced properly so youre experiencing lag now.

We have good leads on our top issues, better visibility and signal-to-noise ratio after this week, and Im confident that our woop-to-wtf ratio will improve considerably in the next days.

Ave Arkhunter,

Oveur

I love reading these. I wish more game devs did this.

Dantology
04-08-2013, 04:47 AM
Oveur has a way of making me smile when I read these posts....in a non sexual way of course.

Authors note: Had to add that last part, wife is watching my every internet move...thanks for nothing Oprah!

Warg
04-08-2013, 05:08 AM
Customer support doesnt really help with vanishing weapons. I contacted them cause I lost the purple AR you get at the completion of the episode arc. I had it fully moded and was a great weapon that I wanted to hang on to. The GM said she could replace it with a random weapon of the same rarity. That doent help at all, I got a purple grenade launcher and I dont use them. What I lost was a unique mission weapon and thats what I want back.

Sylver
04-08-2013, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the frequent long updates!

Really appreciate it! Looking forward to read the 8 pages of patch notes(please post them all!!)

SYN BLACK XS
04-08-2013, 06:46 AM
(giddy) Awaits Space Unicorn-ness.... :D

SteveMND
04-08-2013, 07:02 AM
when the DLC is released will any of the season 1 quests or NPCs be removed from the game? If so when and will this change the game experience for a new player who might buy the game after the TV show goes live.

Asking because somewhere on the forum (in the pile of threads) I thought I read that season 1 quests were being removed.

I hope they stay at least till the TV show releases season 2. Have a few friends at work debating on buying the game but they would like to see how well the syfy does before jumping into the game.

My understanding is that the various Episode Events will cycle in and out as the TV Show airs (hence the whole "the game and the TV show are in sync" kinda aspect of the franchise here). For example, when you log into the game, the News page there in the launcher reminds people to make sure they do the current Nolan etc. Episode missions before the 15th (when the show airs and the first episodic patch rolls out); presumably because when the show premiers, it introduces Nolan and Irisa as having just arrived in Defiance from the Bay area. i.e., they leave our game and enter the TV show.

Some people have asked if those missions might become available again during the break between seasons for those that missed them (season reruns, if you will), but that's just pure speculation right now.

IIFatalshockII
04-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Ohhh. I'd been saving that Episode mission. I'd better do it.

Clarkeh
04-08-2013, 07:42 AM
I demand a Space-Unicorn as a mount! :p

Shogo_Yahagi
04-08-2013, 09:56 AM

I love reading them twice. :p

Alshadow
04-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I have one problem I don't know if you guys know this is happening or not but I put mods on a quest item gun(a lot of guns you get from quests seem to just stick in your inventory with no way of breaking them down or selling them) and I can't get them off/ sell the gun/ destroy the gun the only option it gives is remove mods and these are mods I got from synergy caches I really don't want to lose them because I spent hard earned key codes just to get them. Is there anyway I'll be able to destroy the gun and get my mods back in the future, because I'm fine with just sitting on the gun and waiting till it is fixed.

Elaeric
04-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Hmmm,
Just started playing and the first dev name I see is Oveur :)

Nice to see you're still around.

I've read many off your posts when i still played EVE Online.... well ... obviously I read your posts when *not* playing EVE Online.
(damn you downtime!)

Thank you for your insights, it's always nice to know we're being cared for. Kudos !

PS: Don't believe the software engineers ... You flew a spaceship from inside a tub off jelly with your mind for god's sake! what's the worst that could happen ? :)

Eriasu17
04-08-2013, 11:33 AM
That post made my ark hunter heart flutter. KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK GUYS!

Avenger
04-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the updates, and really appreciate the hard work and long hours the team are putting in to keep improving the game.

nikkadaem
04-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Thank you for the information. I'm glad to see these posts continuing. I hate to be redundant in any way, but I must be missing it...what about the EXP and Loot boosts that eventually ran out this week? These boost were not usable while you were addressing server issues.

postmoderngrey
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM
I have to admit that I am so very angry that the bugs that I saw in the Beta haven't been addressed in the slightest. This game should NOT have launched when it did. This game is months from being ready and it's infuriating that you launched a game with so much potential but one that was no where near being done. It's nice that you're fixing the problems. Mind telling me when I can play the finished version of the game I bought last week?

Dinova
04-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I have to admit that I am so very angry that the bugs that I saw in the Beta haven't been addressed in the slightest. This game should NOT have launched when it did. This game is months from being ready and it's infuriating that you launched a game with so much potential but one that was no where near being done. It's nice that you're fixing the problems. Mind telling me when I can play the finished version of the game I bought last week?
No MMO is ever finished, specialy not when talking about a launch.

I would say, to sync up with the show, they had to launch anyway. I cant say it is a bad launch, i am able to play quite alot with only a few hickups and the occasionaly patch-downtime.

But like every game, no matter how hard you work on certain aspects, there will always be angry people about the other stuff in the game that need attention.

Kayler Brodie
04-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Wow, your letting the DLC slip. Good job. I know it's always nerve racking when you go to production and turn things on for real. This shows a lot of the quality you want in your game. I personally appreciate it. I haven't been a software tester for a number of years now, but I would find it interesting to be on your perf team.

Disarmonia
04-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Will we see anything about the problems with the shadow war que system. Currently the que is way to long It's been 7 days and I havn't seen a single shadow war. Have you got solutions to make the shadow wars pop more often? Lower the amount of people needed to initiate them? Something like that.

Oveur
04-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Will we see anything about the problems with the shadow war que system. Currently the que is way to long It's been 7 days and I havn't seen a single shadow war. Have you got solutions to make the shadow wars pop more often? Lower the amount of people needed to initiate them? Something like that.

Yes we do have changes to that! Don't know yet when we can deploy them.

Disarmonia
04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Yes we do have changes to that! Don't know yet when we can deploy them.

Thats wonderful news thanks for the reponse, looking forward to it.

Vinticus
04-08-2013, 05:37 PM
The game is still poorly designed, with broken features, and is a poor representation of the TV series and vice versa.
In a nutshell, its plain boring, looks generic, and plain sucks.

Bob_Niac
04-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Woah... Hey Oveur ... so this is where you been hiding. Remind me to find some bree ... err beer for yah...

Roeh
04-08-2013, 07:02 PM
tanks for the update

Dinova
04-09-2013, 04:07 AM
The game is still poorly designed, with broken features, and is a poor representation of the TV series and vice versa.
Thank you for your constructive feedback, very much appriciated.

Viper1870
04-09-2013, 07:29 AM
i want a space unicorn.. :/

EmoPyroNecrosis
04-09-2013, 10:46 AM

only other dev I know of that does updates similar to Trion is Bethesda... usually, also the Borderlands Crew at Epic, but that's it... only reason I think Bethesda is so lax is their Indi though :3.

I was actually one of the ones who D/C'd note, I am happy to hear the game's stability is so important to Trion their putting DLC on the back burner... my hope is more dev's do the same *Glares at Zenimax online as I state that* Heck, I wouldn't mind if they stick the DLC in a slow cooker.

EmoPyroNecrosis
04-09-2013, 10:47 AM
DLC vehicle announced? Space Unicorn Ark, of Unicorn-ness :O

alilsneaky
04-09-2013, 04:30 PM
The lag on the eu server (pc) has been increasing daily, now to the point where the hit detection/netcode no longer feels consistent and the game is no longer enjoyable for me.

I would like a refund but I doubt I'll get one at this stage:\

Taaltos
04-09-2013, 04:31 PM
DLC vehicle announced? Space Unicorn Ark, of Unicorn-ness :O

OMG! This is how rumors start!!

Ape One
04-09-2013, 04:33 PM
okay im gunna need you guys to keep talking about wanting a space unicorn mount. I think that if they here about it enough; they will actually make it happen and then put it on the show! It'll have like six legs, a rainbow mane, metallic skin, and it woulnt sound like a horse; It will roar like a lion! And when you ride it; your title will say {BOSS} and you get Script regen just from being near the space unicorn. and it makes sandwiches. RLLY RLLY good sandwiches.

Personally I don't think that's asking for too much at all

HnyBear
04-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Im confident that our woop-to-wtf ratio will improve considerably in the next days.

Ave Arkhunter,

Oveur

Ok Mr Website coder one time guy.... Here's something for you to code into the forums. A "Like/Dislike" for posts called "WooP" and "WTF" people can give props or take them away based on how they feel about the post. ;)

Taaltos
04-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Ok Mr Website coder one time guy.... Here's something for you to code into the forums. A "Like/Dislike" for posts called "WooP" and "WTF" people can give props or take them away based on how they feel about the post. ;)

LMAO.

Love it!

supernet2
04-10-2013, 01:41 AM

Full Cluster Crashes

Game Server Crashes

Live Gameplay issues

Upcoming patches

DLCs

Ave Arkhunter,

Oveur

This gives me a sense of clarity and for some reason makes me feel a little more comfortable playing Defiance now on my ps3, and pc. To boast about i actually bought 5k i7 rig strictly just to see if its really my current pc specs that are causing lag. On the downside... costed me about 5k. On the upside still interested in defiance, and thats a pretty big plus as i lose interest in games fast if their not fixed/worked on, on a constant*

Ngamok
04-10-2013, 06:50 AM
I'm having a problem with my 5th perk. It often disappears when I switch load outs. Also, my outfit does as well even though it shows it equipped.

Vorundor
04-10-2013, 07:48 AM
okay im gunna need you guys to keep talking about wanting a space unicorn mount. I think that if they here about it enough; they will actually make it happen and then put it on the show! It'll have like six legs, a rainbow mane, metallic skin, and it woulnt sound like a horse; It will roar like a lion! And when you ride it; your title will say {BOSS} and you get Script regen just from being near the space unicorn. and it makes sandwiches. RLLY RLLY good sandwiches.

Personally I don't think that's asking for too much at all

Will the RLLY RLLY good sandwiches give you some effects, like "Bloated/Stuffed - reduce walking speed by 20%"?

Nevertheless, I want this. =P

Slacker Steve
04-10-2013, 05:44 PM
No MMO is ever finished, specialy not when talking about a launch.

I would say, to sync up with the show, they had to launch anyway. I cant say it is a bad launch, i am able to play quite alot with only a few hickups and the occasionaly patch-downtime.

But like every game, no matter how hard you work on certain aspects, there will always be angry people about the other stuff in the game that need attention.

Yeah...no.

Just no.

I signed up for the betas, both PC and 360. Was NEVER able to play the PC beta because of server issues, and had multiple issues with the 360 servers. Now I know beta is not the same as launch...but it is clear that the servers were overloaded from the get go and Trion clearly did not heed the lessons that EA had to offer from Sim City and did not beef them up enough prior to launch...at least not for the 360. And the beta for the 360? That wasn't a beta. It was a free preview of a completed (or at least as completed as it was going to be) game. It was released, what...a month before the game was shipped? Absolutely no changes were going to be made in the code that was in the packages in a month. Patched, maybe, but not in the units shipping for release. They were already being pressed and packaged at that point...likely long before, actually.

You are exactly right that they HAD to launch to sync with the show...so they shipped what they had, which is effectively a full launch beta version. This thing isn't just buggy...it is unfinished. And I am not sure what they are doing with the servers because two days ago it was MUCH better than today. Today was almost as bad as the lag the day after launch. I was back to "killing" hellbugs and raiders only to have them die fully 3 second later. Kind of a big difference in a mob battle.

So no, saying no MMO is ever finished deals insults to ANY mmo that is playable. This one isn't. I am so very very thankful that I bought mine from Amazon, because if these issues are not resolved, this game is going back, awesome concept and brilliant tie in to a show not withstanding. First and foremost, a game MUST be playable and consistent before it can be good...or even enjoyable.

I AM very disappointed in the game, AND the customer service for non-gameplay issues. I was one of the MANY that did not receive their pre-order bonuses. I put in a customer service ticket and was told essentially "thanks for letting us know you have a problem. Go read the forums and see if you can find an answer. Unless we hear otherwise, this ticket is now closed." (Replied that was not an acceptable answer and I do not consider the ticket resolved and...<cricket>...<cricket>) I DID go to the forums, and what do they tell you? "Put in a service ticket and we'll get to it eventually...right now we have bigger problems. If bloggers start talking about how horrible the lag is right now, this will effect sales!" No, what will effect sales is that you have horrible lag that makes the game unplayable.

You know what...I take it back. They DID learn something from EA. They learned that launching a game with massive server issues can hurt their reputation and sales. What you would have hoped they learned though, is that they shouldn't do that in the first place. What a blogger writes is not going to decide for me if I return this game or not...if they are able to fix the issues that should have been fixed BEFORE launch before I get frustrated and say screw this...THAT is what will decide if it goes back. And yes...this launch IS that bad. For 360 console users...it is.

So I apologize that I dumped all my pent up frustration on your reply, as you aren't REALLY the target of it, Trion is...but seriously...saying this isn't a bad launch??? Even Trion isn't saying THAT. They admit they screwed the pooch so badly that they are pulling people off of low priority complaints that can be handled later to work or fixing the server and connection problems.

This IS a bad launch...what they do in the next couple of days will decide if it is recoverable or becomes a disaster. If there is ANOTHER weekend where playability is as bad as it was today, much less as it was at launch...they are going to have some serious problems. For one thing, they will never get a tie-in opportunity again. I hope they DO fix it. I spent over $100 on the edition of my game because I wanted a good game. Thing is, I haven't been able to play it long enough to find out if it even is.

Sigh...

Here endeth my rant.

Slacker

Kurze
04-10-2013, 08:41 PM

arent you the tardie that said only a genius would find how to use the mod system, and that shadow wars were boring because when you walked into the purple area nothing happened?

well, yeah...its not that the game sucks, its that you are drooling mongoloid that would have problems understanding tic-tac-toe

Elaeric
04-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Seems i have to count myself lucky.

I've played both the Alpha & Beta Builds on PC, The Gold version is much more stable on my end.
(maybe because i"m in Europe ?)
Can't comment on consoles ... they're the devil's work *spits*

As for my digital deluxe items, they were missing, I sent in a ticket, got an auto response that it would be looked into and 2 days later i had my Enclave power ar.rrr...Ark Hunter Infiltrator armour. :)

As for launch problems ... i remember games that weren't playable for a full week on end because servers crashed as soon as someone even thought about logging in...