PDA

View Full Version : How about a PvP and a PvE server option?

Karazykid
04-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Some people are quite unhappy with how your weapons never really get better because of the need for balanced PvP. So in an attempt to keep everyone happy, how about having the options to play on the type of server you prefer? A PvP server would be the game just the way it is now, no changes.

A PvE server would have loot scale to your level. Maybe have thresholds every 100 ego levels or so. Weapons at level 10 might do 200 damage, at level 110 they can do up to 250, and at 210 they can do 300 and so on. And I've noticed when playing with friends when they get near a mission spot it puts them into a different phase which makes it seem like it'll give them an instance just for them anyway, so maybe the phase could adjust to their level.

With the PvP as silly and broken as it is (let's be honest here, it's nothing but cloaked bunny hoppers with shotguns) I bet the PvE server would get easily triple the other server.

Kaarous
04-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Re-code the entire structure of the game from the ground up? Just because some people have a baffling emotional dependency on big numbers? Use up countless man-hours and millions of dollars defying the vision of the game, because some people have a sense of entitlement?

Or, wait, I know! They can stick to the overall vision of the game they designed in the first place! Yeah, let's do that. Meeting adjourned.

6Strummer
04-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Re-code the entire structure of the game from the ground up? Just because some people have a baffling emotional dependency on big numbers? Use up countless man-hours and millions of dollars defying the vision of the game, because some people have a sense of entitlement?

Or, wait, I know! They can stick to the overall vision of the game they designed in the first place! Yeah, let's do that. Meeting adjourned.

I second that. Harumph.