PDA

View Full Version : So what's your most amusing death been?

Xara
04-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I was driving around Marin on my buggy, heading to pick up (or maybe turn in) some task or another.

Any Ark Hunter worth their shtako of course does not simply follow roads. So I was crossing some grassy hills.

Oh look! An upraised slope! Time to hit boost and see how far of a jump I can make.

The buggy soared like an eagle across the sky. Below me approached one of the various mines....

...into which I landed directly on top of 3 explodeable barrels, which instantly killed me.

Ikagawa
04-07-2013, 10:19 PM
I was climbing around the hill behind that Tool Works tower on that island when it occurred to me that I could probably jump it. So I spawned my Challenger, hit the boost and away I flew!

Then I hit the water which put me in the "drown" boundary and was unable to make it back to shore in time.

Actually, I'm not even sure if that was a true death. I can't remember if I lost any scrip.

turay13
04-07-2013, 10:19 PM
I actually hit a boosted jump right before I realized that big giant robot near the san Francisco entrance. he hit me in mid air, flipped me and I landed in the water. lol

Sludge
04-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Melee attacked a group of barrels in explosion 101. Pretty fun, and my group was like wtf

Seiox
04-07-2013, 10:39 PM
A few hellbug warriors from one of the random events had evidently decided they were going to play volleyball... With my head.

*Me walking along, sees random event, thinks 'eh, why not?'
Not but one second later i get exploded back by a hellbug warrior. Scared the shtako outta me.
*I think, k hes gonna die*
Before my char can even finish his rising animation another pops out from under him again. By this time my shield is already gone (I was in sniper loadout so I had a weaker, but more quick recharging shield.)
Evidently I got knocked back into the first one that was rearing onto its hind-legs for its power attack. All I can think about at that point is, "I hate DIG!"

Xaearth
04-07-2013, 10:52 PM
A few hellbug warriors from one of the random events had evidently decided they were going to play volleyball... With my head.

*Me walking along, sees random event, thinks 'eh, why not?'
Not but one second later i get exploded back by a hellbug warrior. Scared the shtako outta me.
*I think, k hes gonna die*
Before my char can even finish his rising animation another pops out from under him again. By this time my shield is already gone (I was in sniper loadout so I had a weaker, but more quick recharging shield.)
Evidently I got knocked back into the first one that was rearing onto its hind-legs for its power attack. All I can think about at that point is, "I hate DIG!"

I'll do you one better:
I got juggled/manhandled by two arms in a Progenitor major arkfall.
I apparently missed the part where every other player present at that arkfall ran to the two arms on the opposite side of the Progenitor from me, and one of the robopuppies hit me so I couldn't dodge the ground pound by one arm... which hit me into the ground pound by the other, followed by a double dose of pink lightning bolts.

Needless to say I extracted out of that one.
I'll never be able to look at one of those old crane games the same way again... :eek:

Valethar
04-07-2013, 11:24 PM
I actually hit a boosted jump right before I realized that big giant robot near the San Francisco entrance. he hit me in mid air, flipped me and I landed in the water. lol

Welcome to the club. See signature below.

/limps away

Crimson Wolf
04-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Most amusing death? The one where I had several players right next to me and none of them bothered to revive me and instead wanted to focus on gaining their precious ****ing xp while I bled out next to them. Made me go "WTF?!".

Jeff Kaos
04-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Having just gotten the game yesterday I've been doing pretty well on the Arkfalls always finishing in the top 20. I may be wrong but it seems to me that the big MOBS go after whoever is causing the most DPS and the way I'm playing I keep drawing aggro on the big ones and every once in a while I'll drop. Not a single person in the 20 or 30 in the area will make a move to revive me. Good times, good times. But in all seriousness I understand how hard it is to revive someone during Arkfalls.

Seiox
04-07-2013, 11:50 PM
I'll do you one better:
I got juggled/manhandled by two arms in a Progenitor major arkfall.
I apparently missed the part where every other player present at that arkfall ran to the two arms on the opposite side of the Progenitor from me, and one of the robopuppies hit me so I couldn't dodge the ground pound by one arm... which hit me into the ground pound by the other, followed by a double dose of pink lightning bolts.

Needless to say I extracted out of that one.
I'll never be able to look at one of those old crane games the same way again... :eek:

...Touché...

usrevenge2
04-07-2013, 11:51 PM
i was driving down the road then I fell through the road and it killed me.

LacesUntied
04-07-2013, 11:57 PM
I posted this in another thread, BUT I'LL POST IT HERE, TOO! lol

The countless times I've driven up to an Arkfall & rolled off of my vehicle (all 007 James Bond style) JUST to get facerolled by some giant Hellbug! I still haven't recovered =/