PDA

View Full Version : SS Syn bonus malfunction

Bloodbath82
08-06-2017, 04:03 PM
So modded my 3rd SS gun in a row and sure enough no 8% dmg and fire rate gain at all . Some perfected weapon. The syn doesn't even function and this has been that way since the syn was nerfed you would think you would've fixed that waaaaay back then or at least fixed it before putting it in ex inanis. Major let down to hunt for t5s only to discover the last perk is a waste.

Wuzu
08-06-2017, 04:52 PM
There are some synergies that for whatever reason have a visual glitch on the card and don't show the dmg bonus from syn (i.e. Saturnalia & Superiority), but do in fact apply the dmg when in use of the weapon, and I suspect that SS is the same way (must be a "S" syn thing lol). The best way to find out is testing a gun 3/4 modded (easier to have barrel be one of the 3), and compare the dmg #s you see in game (not on card) before and after you put on the 4th mod.

Bloodbath82
08-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Just did before I posted that's why it says I did 3 to be absolutely sure it's not a visual glitch. It isn't getting the completed syn bonus and has been this way since someone cried Nerf back when ion coil syn came out and trion nerfed both syns.

Carl Winslow
08-08-2017, 05:27 PM
I've run into the same issue. After I saw this happening with the first SS gun I modded, I tested it with a 2nd gun with 3 mods, then added the 4th mod (sight) and saw no damage increase against enemies. Was running decoy versus my normal overcharge, so that I wouldn't mistake the overcharge dmg increase for anything to do with the synergy bonus. Playing on XB360 NA if that makes a difference.

Bloodbath82
08-14-2017, 04:37 AM
So I've modded another three guns including a perfected and guess what no fire rate increase and no damage gain either on card stats or on enemies. That's six times I've checked now. Is this going to be fixed or is this just not a big enough issue. I mean I thought perfected weapons were the new jp structure and I'm reporting a major flaw in the synergy but getting no Dev response. What's going on here? Am I to believe that since its not a named gun it doesn't matter? I'm certainly not happy that my "jp" isn't working as intended. I'll give you a heads up too 360 na players patron numbers are dropping like flies. I'm down to 9 Ppl from over 80. Of the 9 not 1 plans to renew pp. I don't blame them. Nothing like grinding your tail off on the same repetitive things only to get a gun that doesn't work properly as a reward. It's like someone gifting you with a car that doesn't even run.

Deanderino
08-14-2017, 10:58 AM
There are some synergies that for whatever reason have a visual glitch on the card and don't show the dmg bonus from syn (i.e. Saturnalia & Superiority), but do in fact apply the dmg when in use of the weapon, and I suspect that SS is the same way (must be a "S" syn thing lol). The best way to find out is testing a gun 3/4 modded (easier to have barrel be one of the 3), and compare the dmg #s you see in game (not on card) before and after you put on the 4th mod.

I think OP is talking about Sustained Suppression as SS.

Did the Hot Streak DMG bonus ever get fixed as well?

I suspect both HS and SS to be borked.

Bloodbath82
08-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Still waiting on some Dev input here inquiring minds wanna know if this is being looked into.

Carl Winslow
08-15-2017, 07:42 PM
Indeed. Still waiting for a response.

Bloodbath82
08-17-2017, 08:26 PM
Guess that's it then. Not worth the time so not worth the patron any more. Not supporting a game that ignores issues as big as this with not so much as a blink. This is literally a third of the potential "jp" guns that are broken and nothing is being done. Over it no future gains from this player shall be forthcoming.

Mr B
08-18-2017, 05:35 AM
Was wondering as well if there was an issue with the syn, but there is not. It works, but just like saturnalia syn, you need to have the weapons in your hands to see the stat increase. I check'd on many different guns, and it works just fine. It's just weird as to why the stat increase doesn't appear on the gun after modding it. Only when holding the gun will you see the stat boost. At least on xbox eu.

Carl Winslow
08-18-2017, 05:36 AM
I'll test again on XB360 NA, but there was zero damage increase on the first few SS guns I modded (neither on the card nor against enemies). I have another SS gun to mod, so I guess I'll test with that and take some pics ore video...

Bloodbath82
08-20-2017, 08:05 AM
Mr B I'm guessing you didn't read the whole thread before posting but I'll catch you up I don't go by the card alone. I tested it in a duel with a friend to check actual dmg versus card stats and it didn't receive dmg or fr increases in either actual dmg or card stats. SS has been stuck since it was patched. It's a fact that is being ignored by a large chunk of the community and dev team alike. Try it for yourself. Mod a weapon that has SS and make sure that one of the mods is a pb save the last mod and record the stats from the card. Now duel a friend so the situation is controlled. IE they wear the same gear like no rig and a white shield. Record the dmg here as well. Now mod the weapon fully making sure the syn is fully highlighted and equip the gun. Record the card stats. Now duel the same duel again. Record the dmg stats here as well and compare. No increase will be found. I've done this 6 times to be certain. There is no gain regardless
if its equipped or not 4th syn point doesn't function at all.

Rhettro
08-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Based on the responsiveness we have seen on issues like this, and the fact that it appears pretty much all programming resources have been removed from the game, I would not expect a fix for this. Pretty sad given that SS is one of the synergies in the current paid Ex Inanis boxes.

Wuzu
08-20-2017, 03:29 PM
I think OP is talking about Sustained Suppression as SS.

I am fully aware. Was using Saturnalia as another example.

The 4th part of syn works by the way. You just have to have the gun equipped for it to change.

Mr B
08-20-2017, 07:18 PM
Mr B I'm guessing you didn't read the whole thread before posting but I'll catch you up I don't go by the card alone. I tested it in a duel with a friend to check actual dmg versus card stats and it didn't receive dmg or fr increases in either actual dmg or card stats. SS has been stuck since it was patched. It's a fact that is being ignored by a large chunk of the community and dev team alike. Try it for yourself. Mod a weapon that has SS and make sure that one of the mods is a pb save the last mod and record the stats from the card. Now duel a friend so the situation is controlled. IE they wear the same gear like no rig and a white shield. Record the dmg here as well. Now mod the weapon fully making sure the syn is fully highlighted and equip the gun. Record the card stats. Now duel the same duel again. Record the dmg stats here as well and compare. No increase will be found. I've done this 6 times to be certain. There is no gain regardless
if its equipped or not 4th syn point doesn't function at all.

Yes i read the whole thread.
The syn works for me on xbox eu, i tested it.
Hence my previous post.

Bloodbath82
08-22-2017, 04:42 AM
So if I could get someone from PC and PS3 to test as described as well. It seems like this issue maybe isolated to 360na.

r1p
08-22-2017, 05:00 AM
So if I could get someone from PC and PS3 to test as described as well. It seems like this issue maybe isolated to 360na.

Here's a post from brianflipside who is on PS3/NA:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?261291-Syphon-not-procing-on-mass-cannon.&p=2026182&viewfull=1#post2026182

Bloodbath82
08-22-2017, 06:59 AM
So he has noticed that it's not working as well. It would be nice to get some Dev input. I'm getting alot of mixed testing results but no-one on 360na has tested it with positive results that I speak to. So please everyone flood this thread with pics and YOUR results.

Rarnok
08-22-2017, 11:17 AM
We have tested Sustained Suppression internally and are unable to reproduce the issue you are describing. As stated previously in the thread, Sustained Suppression requires the weapon to be equipped to receive the 4 set bonus. This behavior is a byproduct of the number of different effects provided by the bonus.

To help track down the issue, could you clarify which weapon types you are seeing the issue on and provide screenshots.

Thanks.

The Notorious BMG
08-22-2017, 12:26 PM
Did you test on consoles? Looks like the only people not having an issue are PC players.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Did you test on consoles? Looks like the only people not having an issue are PC players.

ps3 na players are having the same issues

The Notorious BMG
08-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Yes I said the only ones that are reporting that is ISNT broken are the PC players. The devs tend to test on PC too. Just asking if they tested on consoles.

Bloodbath82
08-22-2017, 02:31 PM
So to clarify. I'm supposed to scrap the t5 mods I've already put in place to help you do your job? Not happening. I've seen it on berserk slagger, berserk sentry rifle(which you're removing from the loot pool anyways) and plasma burst rifles. I reiterate, I'm not remodding said guns to test this again. Not to mention if you read the thread you would have noticed the guns WERE EQUIPPED. It's hard to duel with a weapon that is not.

edispilfnairb
08-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Funny thing. I gave up then logged in today on PS3 NA the SS is now receiving the bonus. But syphon procing is still not right on the Mass cannon.

Skiller115
08-22-2017, 03:30 PM
So to clarify. I'm supposed to scrap the t5 mods I've already put in place to help you do your job? Not happening. I've seen it on berserk slagger, berserk sentry rifle(which you're removing from the loot pool anyways) and plasma burst rifles. I reiterate, I'm not remodding said guns to test this again. Not to mention if you read the thread you would have noticed the guns WERE EQUIPPED. It's hard to duel with a weapon that is not.

You still have yet to show pictures of this!

DEATHBRINGER210
08-22-2017, 03:55 PM
maybe its all the lag

Carl Winslow
08-22-2017, 05:09 PM
As of August 21st I'm getting the proper +8% damage on my SS guns now on XB360 NA. Also, the +8% damage shows up on the card now if I have the gun equipped.

neknace1977
08-23-2017, 04:00 AM
Just did before I posted that's why it says I did 3 to be absolutely sure it's not a visual glitch. It isn't getting the completed syn bonus and has been this way since someone cried Nerf back when ion coil syn came out and trion nerfed both syns.

It wasn't a nerf it was being abused to get perma ego powers.

Bloodbath82
08-30-2017, 04:52 AM
So I've checked my weapons after Carl's posts and I am now receiving the proper dmg as well. Funny it could not be duplicated but at least it's fixed now. Love those ninja fixes lol.