PDA

View Full Version : What's next for Defiance?

upper
08-08-2017, 08:20 AM
What's next for defiance? How long are you going to keep us hanging like this without saying a word?

Destromathe
08-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Hey Upper,

As we have said many times, it is too early to reveal our future plans for Defiance, other than saying that we have some great, very large things in store. If we reveal things too early, we risk over-promising and under-delivering, which never helps anyone. For the time being, I can tell you that we will be introducing new synergies in the very near future, and will be starting up a thread for feedback to help us prioritize some of the off-putting bugs that players find in game.

TLDR: Big things are planned for Defiance, we can't tell you what they are just yet, and in the meantime we will have new synergies coming!

Johnny Dbag
08-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Thanks for chiming in Destro, and letting us know you guys are there and working away to keep Defiance fun!

upper
08-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Hey Upper,

As we have said many times, it is too early to reveal our future plans for Defiance, other than saying that we have some great, very large things in store. If we reveal things too early, we risk over-promising and under-delivering, which never helps anyone. For the time being, I can tell you that we will be introducing new synergies in the very near future, and will be starting up a thread for feedback to help us prioritize some of the off-putting bugs that players find in game.

TLDR: Big things are planned for Defiance, we can't tell you what they are just yet, and in the meantime we will have new synergies coming!

You'd promised to bring good, great and large updates but i saw none of that! You only removed the fun out of event arkfalls, which we suggested a great solution that never got a response from the dev team at all. And about new synergies they will probably drop from ex inanis caches which is a total let down. That's not what the majority in-game is after.

We are on the forum to make the game better not to argue, hope you understand our own side of the story.

Cygnus
08-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Hey Upper,

With the population at its lowest and many more players quitting everyday, player moral is at a all time low. The forums are just a small sample of the more outspoken players, and given the fact that most of the new posts are titled, " leaving defiance", or," selling everything", dont you think now is a good time to give players hope and try to retain the players still playing? Keeping silent and expecting to bring players back when this mysterious new stuff is released seems more like promising big and under delivering. Im sure you could give some kind of teaser that might at least give us something to discuss and possibly save a few patrons participants in the mean time.

Whered all that transparency go? Just my 2 cents, but what do I know about video games, right? Speaking for myself, ive let all 3 of my patrons expire and have removed my payment options on xbox to avoid wasting any money on a game that feels like its dying. Desperate times call for desperate measures and this game needs some drastic improvements. Keeping silent seems a bigger mistake in my opinion

ratpie
08-08-2017, 09:23 AM
when will you all announce the new ex inanis vendor synergys?

thanks

Destromathe
08-08-2017, 10:04 AM
With the population at its lowest and many more players quitting everyday, player moral is at a all time low. The forums are just a small sample of the more outspoken players, and given the fact that most of the new posts are titled, " leaving defiance", or," selling everything", dont you think now is a good time to give players hope and try to retain the players still playing? Keeping silent and expecting to bring players back when this mysterious new stuff is released seems more like promising big and under delivering. Im sure you could give some kind of teaser that might at least give us something to discuss and possibly save a few patrons participants in the mean time. Whered all that transparency go? Just my 2 cents, but what do I know about video games, right?

Hey Cygnus,

I do understand your concerns, and I assure you that we are not ignoring the concerns of players on the forums. The feedback that we obtain here, goes directly into changes that we make in the future. However, please keep in mind that you are correct: players on the forums are a very small passionate percentage of the player base. I can tell you that the population in game has actually been rising, not falling, and is at its highest point since March when we had Armistice. When we make large changes like Ex Inanis, we understand that we are changing the way several of the passionate and dedicated players play the game. This can be a tough change sometimes, and we want to make it as painless as possible for everyone involved, but change can also be a good thing.

With Ex Inanis, we needed to solve a few issues that were compounding with the monthly events. Too many players at events were causing instability, and while we work on fixing that over the long term, we had to find an immediate solution. We were also funneling players to one activity in game, and ignoring all of the other content that some players love to do. This system is not perfect, and we are working on modifying certain factors to try and make it so. But understand that while change can be tough sometimes, it is definitely a two way street, and I hear your concerns.

With regards to promoting content that we have not finished yet, understand that we simply cannot tease you with snippets of what you might see in the far off future. This does not help anyone, so we would rather focus on the short term updates that are in front of us. I can tell you, with 100% transparency, that Defiance has a great future, and resources are being put towards extending the life of the game for many years to come. When we have more we can share, I assure you that everyone here on the forums will be the first to hear about it.

Thanks for hearing me out!

Destromathe
08-08-2017, 10:04 AM

thanks

Hey Ratpie,

We are planning a live stream soon, in the next two or three weeks. We will update you all when that will be, and we will go over all the changes then!

Altras
08-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Thank you for the updates Destro, I look forward to the next livestream!

r1p
08-08-2017, 10:23 AM
I'm having a difficult time reconciling what some people are saying about the player population with what my own experiences (PS3/NA) since the introduction of Ex Inanis. My friends list frequently has twice as many active players on it now than it did in the previous year and people that I haven't seen in over a year are now coming back. There are so many people doing contracts that it's now rare that I finish one alone. It used to be rare for Incursions and Sieges get to round 10 that people would call them out in clan and zone chat for the players who still needed the pursuit but now they all finish above 10. None of these things indicate to me that the player base is eroding and in fact it appears to be healthier now that players are expected to participate in a wider range of activities.

On a side not: the issue with getting co-ops queued isn't a new problem so the claims that it's due to Ex Inanis causing people to leave is completely unfounded. Queuing has been a problem for a long time and it is due to a variety of things such as some maps have disconnect issues or are just plain tedious so people avoid them and the fact that since mute lists aren't editable they continue to grow over time which complicates matchmaking. Removing the queue restrictions has been talked about to death in another thread but a reset button that clears out a player's mute list should also be a part of that as well.

NullWolf
08-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Any chance of Omec after all these years?

Everyone that watched the show would love to take a crack at the purple people eaters.

ratpie
08-08-2017, 11:38 AM

thanks

thanks for the update, i know you cant tell us whats next just wanted the announcment time cool.

Altras
08-08-2017, 12:33 PM

Everyone that watched the show would love to take a crack at the purple people eaters.

Maybe an Omec Rig with Lifesteal, increased movement speed, and 2 other random perks that relate to the Omec :)

Cygnus
08-08-2017, 01:08 PM

Agreed!!! Id like to see that synergy expanded like ga, aa, and pandemic backpacks and the ability to upgrade rarity on melee weapons too. Id also like to see the omec included in the games storyline. It would be nice to include the weapon named lucile that was mentioned in the show as a pursuit reward. Id also like to see nolan retiring to Antarctica as part of the end story lore since youre are planning for years to come.

r1p
08-08-2017, 01:14 PM
The only snag (besides resources) would be with IP rights.

Cygnus
08-08-2017, 01:22 PM
The only snag (besides resources) would be with IP rights.
Right? Well, with all the dough theyre making with these new players, buying the rights to the show would be a good investment. What better way to promote the game than defiance the movie coming to a theater near you in 2019. Lol....dream big!!!

upper
08-08-2017, 02:15 PM
I do understand your concerns, and I assure you that we are not ignoring the concerns of players on the forums. The feedback that we obtain here, goes directly into changes that we make in the future. However, please keep in mind that you are correct: players on the forums are a very small passionate percentage of the player base. I can tell you that the population in game has actually been rising, not falling, and is at its highest point since March when we had Armistice. When we make large changes like Ex Inanis, we understand that we are changing the way several of the passionate and dedicated players play the game. This can be a tough change sometimes, and we want to make it as painless as possible for everyone involved, but change can also be a good thing.
Where did you get that info from? I'm seeing the complete opposite on my server.

With Ex Inanis, we needed to solve a few issues that were compounding with the monthly events. Too many players at events were causing instability, and while we work on fixing that over the long term, we had to find an immediate solution. We were also funneling players to one activity in game, and ignoring all of the other content that some players love to do. This system is not perfect, and we are working on modifying certain factors to try and make it so. But understand that while change can be tough sometimes, it is definitely a two way street, and I hear your concerns.
But these issues still have not been fixed. A solution was suggested which is to make event loot obtainable through any content in-game. That will make everyone happy, it's not going to be event arkfall only loot just like you wanted it to be.

With regards to promoting content that we have not finished yet, understand that we simply cannot tease you with snippets of what you might see in the far off future. This does not help anyone, so we would rather focus on the short term updates that are in front of us. I can tell you, with 100% transparency, that Defiance has a great future, and resources are being put towards extending the life of the game for many years to come. When we have more we can share, I assure you that everyone here on the forums will be the first to hear about it.

Thanks for hearing me out!
You made promises of great content and updates, I've not seen any. Destro, the only reason as to why we're here is to make the game better with suggestions and feedbacks and so on. Listen to our suggestions instead of removing and nerfing stuff that DO NOT need to be removed nor nerfed!

We are on the forum to make the game better not to argue, hope you understand our own side of the story.

upper
08-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Devs you don't need our ideas, you can make your own with a little creativity. I just do not understand why the game got nerfed so muchhhh!

upper
08-08-2017, 04:25 PM
You've taken out many things people found to be fun and addictive. But you chose to ruin it for them to please the few here on the forum. Make Defiance fun again make new content do something.

Shtank
08-08-2017, 09:51 PM
I am amazed that the 'official' response to this post includes assurances of new synergies... the last thing I want to see in this game is even more clutter for the archaic inventory... freakin' synergies... the game doesn't need more guns... people aren't departing due to a lack of guns, let me assure you

OverDoneOne
08-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Hey Upper,

I for one am not going to hold my breath, whatever happens just happens and then we all have to live with it

Light Energy
08-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Hey Upper,

As we have said many times, it is too early to reveal our future plans for Defiance, other than saying that we have some great, very large things in store. If we reveal things too early, we risk over-promising and under-delivering, which never helps anyone.
Thank you for your recent posts on the forum, Destro :)

I want to say "welcome back" :), but I'm not sure a week's vacation (assuming that is what happened) is long enough (I would have taken a least two weeks off - it is the summer after all :cool:).

For the time being, I can tell you that we will be introducing new synergies in the very near future, and will be starting up a thread for feedback to help us prioritize some of the off-putting bugs that players find in game.
Great news about a feedback thread, hope something good can come out of it :).

upper
08-09-2017, 08:22 AM
and will be starting up a thread for feedback to help us prioritize some of the off-putting bugs that players find in game.
!

The first priority is the lag and disconnects, there's no need for the thread since you Have NoT fixed the lag and disconnects.

upper
08-09-2017, 08:38 AM
A solution was suggested which is to make event loot obtainable through any content in-game.
This Will probably get no response because they know that it's the best solution to event loot.

Destromathe
08-09-2017, 09:59 AM
This Will probably get no response because they know that it's the best solution to event loot.

Hi Upper,

I did not respond to this, because it is EXACTLY what Ex Inanis is. The event synergies that you are looking for, will rotate eventually, and you will be able to obtain them by playing any content in-game.

Carl Winslow
08-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Yeah, but you basically told us in your previous post the main reason events were removed was instability due to so many players gathering in one spot. Could this instability have been resolved with more server resources and a few upgrades at the datacenter? Ya know, versus changing huge aspects of the game and upsetting many veteran players? Why not at least attempt uppers recommendation of spreading around the old event loot pool so that so many players aren't gathered in one spot, and are instead spread out (for example) among 3-4 major/minor arkfalls and sieges?

When you say you guys are looking at a long term solution and that Ex Inanis was the immediate fix, it doesn't give me much hope that this will ever be resolved or that we'll ever get old events back. Not when the lag situation from launch has never been fully resolved.

upper
08-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Hi Upper,

I did not respond to this, because it is EXACTLY what Ex Inanis is. The event synergies that you are looking for, will rotate eventually, and you will be able to obtain them by playing any content in-game.

When did i ever say i was looking for synergies??? We want drops back to normal. This type of grind is useless and an utter waste of time and effort. tens of thousands of gulantee wasted. And from your comment i see that you are not after balance of any sort. The suggestion above is the balance in itself but i don't see that you've the intention of considering doing it because......?

Cygnus
08-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Hi Upper,

Hey destro, I think a lot of the frustration comes from not having the jps n mod crates available at the same time as there coinciding majors. I think that overcomplicates things. The loot chase for defiance is already very complex for beginning players. Aligning the event mjrs with py numbre would help more players get comfotable with the new system and simplify the chase. Storing mods for guns you might get later or having jp with out mods sucks, especially with the current inventory management tools and space limitations. Fortunately I already have the jps and their corresponding mods. But I can see why others are upset.

FlashJupiter
08-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Trion as you know you lost the game and you lost your players. Big promices are not enough we want action. Bring Numbra vissible (btw i never met him) so we can gather and spend gullanite glandly which you ungrudging offers us. And please raise the luck meter at the boxes.

Advice: Throw money through the window and you will receive a lot of cash through your door.

0Lance
08-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Hopefully among these big things that are to be added a mouse sensitivity slider for ADS will be included. That way I don't get carpel tunnel after playing Defiance for a few minutes.

crasher
08-10-2017, 03:17 PM
I am amazed that the 'official' response to this post includes assurances of new synergies... the last thing I want to see in this game is even more clutter for the archaic inventory... freakin' synergies... the game doesn't need more guns... people aren't departing due to a lack of guns, let me assure you
I like this one, and right behind 'bug fixes' and 'instability fixes' -> it's my new favorite answer.

upper
08-10-2017, 04:44 PM
More people keep quitting due to the lack of things to do in-game.

Carl Winslow
08-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Apparently there's more players now than there were before the Inanis update according to the devs. Though given that I'm seeing tons of veterans quit the game, I'm wondering how many of these new players are f2p kids on summer break who will never drop a dime on this game (and will probably stop playing before summer is over). I hope the devs are taking into account who their paying customers are when crunching the population numbers and calculating the health of the game.

Fisherman Joe
08-10-2017, 09:55 PM
Apparently there's more players now than there were before the Inanis update according to the devs. Though given that I'm seeing tons of veterans quit the game, I'm wondering how many of these new players are f2p kids on summer break who will never drop a dime on this game (and will probably stop playing before summer is over). I hope the devs are taking into account who their paying customers are when crunching the population numbers and calculating the health of the game.

If there are significantly more players now I don't see it in steam charts. Granted it's only representing players on pc that play through steam but it's a pretty good sample of how player counts are trending. http://steamcharts.com/app/224600

FistPumper
08-11-2017, 12:57 AM

This one made me chuckle, we were getting a new synergy and event every month. The events were running for 3+ weeks, and the only way to get anything aside from buying it in the bitstore was to grind event majors. Today, I did about 8 majors and some of my regular stuff.....incursions, contracts, expo's, and even knocked out my co-ops. And the whole time I was earning PG. From that PG, I pulled a few decent items and mods. My inventory is finally a little more stable and I've got some nice gear to boot.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you complain about "More Synergies" and clutter, try pulling and modding weapons from an event that need mods. I hold mods for the clan and I'm finally down to a sensible 1500 mods instead of 2000 and growing with each new synergy. All of this while getting to do the other things that I love about this game.

I'm not defending Destro or the devs but, what he's talking about is that they will recirculate some of the prior synergies in some new weapon types. Personally I'm looking forward to a Hibernal Mass Cannon or Epidemic ground Pounder......

Just my .02.