PDA

View Full Version : Karma ex inanis BROKEN

Omega Maximus
08-08-2017, 02:10 PM
I have Bern buying crates with the runner sine a Werk how....and no perfected weapon awarded! I have Patron, been buying the 125 bos and the 500 artillery box mostly...in the hopes of finally getting a perfected mass canon...but since a week....nothing! So, it is broken....this whole game is broken now!! So many leaving because of this crap!!

Dev....why is my karma broken??? And if I get a perfexted sniper out of this artillery box then I will be quitting too!! I have spent a hundres euros on boxes already....no perfected mass canon!! Now I haven't gotten a karma drop in a week?!!

Fix this crap now before you lose your entire paying customer base!!!

Carl Winslow
08-08-2017, 02:17 PM
I agree. Every time I buy a 125pg cache I make a mark on a piece of paper to keep track. I've gone upwards of 70 caches with no perfected weapon, and some have gone even further. In fact, my perfected drop rate with patron is worse than when I didn't have patron for a bit a few weeks ago. Should be impossible if karma is working, right? I'm not sure what the magic number should be, that it should have 100% chance of awarding you a perfected weapon when you open X number of caches... but it needs to be fixed/improved from the current situation.

They've also increased the loot pool 15x while decreasing the drop rate. You'd get 1 out of 7 weapons for old events, and now I have over 150 possible combinations of weapon/synergy/precise/dynamic... So yeah, I don't intend to buy patron anymore and reward those horrible decisions.

upper
08-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Karma was "altered" the time they "altered" event arkfalls.

Omega Maximus
08-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Then let's stop buying patron....maybe then they will fix it??!! I will not buy Patron again until I see some results.

Johnny Dbag
08-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Karma working fine over here. Plenty of perfected from store crates and runner crates. Actually just dropped a precise syphon ST mass from a 125 supply crate from the vendor over the weekend.

ZamboniChaos
08-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Karma is functioning as intended, so if you have Patron you should be getting a Perfected Weapon fairly soon.

Omega Maximus
08-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Karma is functioning as intended, so if you have Patron you should be getting a Perfected Weapon fairly soon.

That's what we are saying...it is NOT working as intended and if I see this phrase one more time without properly being researched then I am gonna scream!!

Altras
08-08-2017, 03:21 PM
That's what we are saying...it is NOT working as intended and if I see this phrase one more time without properly being researched then I am gonna scream!!

Calm down guy

If it has any similarity to previous karma, a drop could occur from 70-130. Have you pulled more than 130 boxes?

shogunofthedark
08-08-2017, 03:24 PM
if make no mention of how much gulanite you spent or how many boxes... and how you split between the 125 and the 500... both of those boxes are worth 1 karma point. So if you are buying more of the 500s I am not surprised you havent gotten a karma drop in a week.

konstantinov
08-08-2017, 03:25 PM
I foresaw this exact thread coming.

Is this going to turn into another case of I've opened 500 boxes with no JP or documentation? I remember some guy saying he had done 500+ majors with out a karma JP.

Destromathe
08-08-2017, 03:33 PM

Hello Omega,

We never state anything related to a bug report without investigating. I have investigated this thoroughly, and get daily reports on the inner workings of Karma to ensure that it remains working. ZamboniChaos was reporting what I had already told him, after he brought this to my attention, and after extensive research into the issue.

Rest assured, karma is working, and will trigger.

konstantinov
08-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Hello Omega,

We never state anything related to a bug report without investigating. I have investigated this thoroughly, and get daily reports on the inner workings of Karma to ensure that it remains working. ZamboniChaos was reporting what I had already told him, after he brought this to my attention, and after extensive research into the issue.

Rest assured, karma is working, and will trigger.

Karma is working and given what little information people provide with these claims I suspect we are only getting half of one side.

Rhettro
08-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Karma is definitely working. Now, if you believe a perfected Mass Cannon is gonna drop ... well, I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in.

Carl Winslow
08-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Karma is functioning as intended, so if you have Patron you should be getting a Perfected Weapon fairly soon.Can you please share what the math or numbers are involved in this "working as intended"? How many caches and karma accrued before the chance of a perfected drop is 100%? Should I have to open 70+ caches between perfected weapons every time, or should it be more random and drop at somewhat lower numbers like 20-50 like it is for other people?

Chump Norris
08-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Karma is working, stop buying 500 pg boxes and only buy the 125 pg boxes. That gets you 4 Karma points vs 1 Karma point per 500 spent, you will notice the difference.

Prob going to get a crappy Karma drop but you will know its working.

konstantinov
08-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Karma is working, stop buying 500 pg boxes and only buy the 125 pg boxes. That gets you 4 Karma points vs 1 Karma point per 500 spent, you will notice the difference.

^

When will people learn we're not chasing loot, we're chasing karma. I've only bought 125 pg boxes not because of perfected weapons but the maximum amount of karma as quickly as possible.

Valani
08-08-2017, 07:34 PM

In the description of these crates is something regarding "Paradise Karma". I can't count how many I've bought since it spat out a Precise Plasma Bolter (Lightning Nano; Plate Slicer), but I've have had to had bought over 100 (or close to) since then, and it hasn't given me anything since. Is this type of "Karma" exclusive to each crate in itself, or for them all is something I'd like to know.

Mr B
08-08-2017, 08:04 PM
This dude called me a liar in zone today, because i was explaining py'numbra will never sell bit store exclusive weapons (Like Misantrope).
I told him to go check the forums, he told me "insert names here", that i was full of "insert again", and that i had nothing to back it up.
He has anger issues methink.
So, not much to see here.

And if you want a perfected Mass canon that bad, tc, you can buy one in zone. Saw a few for sale the past couple of days.
It's your right to not like the new system, and i agree it's not perfect indeed, but maybe you need a break if it angers you that bad.

Light Energy
08-08-2017, 08:06 PM
If the new magic karma number is the same as the old one, it should around 100.
From all the research done so far, I haven't seen conclusive evidence of someone going over that.

At least we have a Karma increment shown in the log, so that is a step forward :).
Perhaps the next tweak would be if it could show the total count in the log (since the last trigger)?
For example:
You have received: [Patron Karma: Ex Inanis +1, Count = 56]

I really think that would save even more hassle for the Devs in the long run. The more pertinent information that is displayed the better (and the less doubt the user has) IMHO :).

Mckllrx
08-08-2017, 08:56 PM
If the new magic karma number is the same as the old one, it should around 100.
From all the research done so far, I haven't seen conclusive evidence of someone going over that.

At least we have a Karma increment shown in the log, so that is a step forward :).
Perhaps the next tweak would be if it could show the total count in the log (since the last trigger)?
For example:
You have received: [Patron Karma: Ex Inanis +1, Count = 56]

I really think that would save even more hassle for the Devs in the long run. The more pertinent information that is displayed the better (and the less doubt the user has) IMHO :).

It's karma shouldn't be the same as it was before,they said in the last live stream that you should be getting perfected drops frequently and at a significantly higher drop rate then before

Wuzu
08-09-2017, 05:36 AM

This. If you are focused on getting your karma to pop, there is no reason to be buying any other box.

It's karma shouldn't be the same as it was before,they said in the last live stream that you should be getting perfected drops frequently and at a significantly higher drop rate then before

This could potentially just mean higher drop % before hitting 100% while maintaining the same ceiling. That being said, for me personally, they do seem to drop at a faster rate than with the old system.

Light Energy
08-09-2017, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the reminder :).

OK, I re-watched the live stream:

With respect to the Perfected Weapon (PW) drop rate they said:
Rarnok: "You are going to be getting more of these than jackpots previously. They will be coming out at a pretty solid rate".
Destro: "You're gonna get these very frequent".

So the regular roll probability should have been buffed. Perhaps the karma roll probability too. Not sure about the max karma count (especially if people are still seeing 70+, then 100 might still be the max).

Going by the rough 2/100 drop rate for PW that several have players have told me, the probabilities could have been doubled: e.g. instead of 1/100 it could be 1/50.

So it could follow a pattern like this (where the cache count is from the last time karma triggered)
Cache 1: R = 1/50, K = 2/100
Cache 2: R = 1/50, K = 2/99
Cache 3: R = 1/50, K = 2/98
Cache 4: R = 1/50, K = 2/97
Where R is the regular roll, and K is the karma roll.

It really needs more data :) - I know some players are keeping track (I have only been buying a few Artillery caches or 1000 PG mod caches, if at all...and I haven't been tracking my karma count).

How about maintaining the "125 PG to 1 karma" ratio across the board, for all caches?
What do people think about that?
So for example, the 1000 PG mod caches could be worth 8 karma points (1000 / 125 = 8).

We are paying more PG to reduce the variance - fair enough :), but I don't know if we should be penalised on karma, on top of having to fork out more PG. It still means we would get fewer mods in total (compared to the old system).

konstantinov
08-09-2017, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the reminder :).

OK, I re-watched the live stream:

With respect to the Perfected Weapon (PW) drop rate they said:
Rarnok: "You are going to be getting more of these than jackpots previously. They will be coming out at a pretty solid rate".

So the regular roll probability should have been buffed. Perhaps the karma roll probability too. Not sure about the max karma count (especially if people are still seeing 70+, then 100 might still be the max).

Going by the rough 2/100 drop rate for PW that several have players have told me, the probabilities could have been doubled: e.g. instead of 1/100 it could be 1/50.

So it could follow a pattern like this (where the cache count is from the last time karma triggered)
Cache 1: R = 1/50, K = 2/100
Cache 2: R = 1/50, K = 2/99
Cache 3: R = 1/50, K = 2/98
Cache 4: R = 1/50, K = 2/97
Where R is the regular roll, and K is the karma roll.

It really needs more data :) - I know some players are keeping track (I have only been buying a few Artillery caches or 1000 PG mod caches, if at all...and I haven't been tracking my karma count).

How about maintaining the "125 PG to 1 karma" ratio across the board, for all caches?
What do people think about that?
So for example, the 1000 PG mod caches could be worth 8 karma points (1000 / 125 = 8).

We are paying more PG to reduce the variance - fair enough :), but I don't know if we should be penalised on karma, on top of having to fork out more PG. It still means we would get fewer mods in total (compared to the old system).

You're not being penalized. If that were the case then why don't all bit store boxes grant 4 loyalty points like the rig crates?

Light Energy
08-09-2017, 06:40 AM
I would be amazed if I'm the only one that can see what is going on here :).

Why do the cheapest caches award more karma per PG than the most expensive ones?
I would like to hear Destromathe's response to that question, if I may :)

I believe the answer is a purely technical one. Originally the karma function/code was only triggered at the end of and event major. That specific action trigger the karma method/function.

Now with Ex Inanis, that karma function was moved to the vendor(s). Every time a cache is purchased, the karma function is triggered (not karma proccing, just the function which does the karma calculations). It applies to all caches, regardless of the cost etc. As a side effect, since not all caches are the same price, some caches give a lot more karma than other caches.

The mod only cache originally did not have any karma attached to it and this was changed due to player feedback.

In the livestream, Rarnok also said:
"We want you guys to be stoked on this. We want you guys to get what you want.
We want you guys to play how you wanna play and get the weapons you wanna get."

And I think that's great! Destro also said something similar :).

upper
08-09-2017, 08:46 AM

"Frequent" and "pretty solid rate" Where and How? The Endless grind of currency has given the majority of us NOTHING worthwhile.

r1p
08-09-2017, 09:00 AM
I would be amazed if I'm the only one that can see what is going on here :).

Why do the cheapest caches award more karma per PG than the most expensive ones?
I would like to hear Destromathe's response to that question, if I may :)

I believe the answer is a purely technical one. Originally the karma function/code was only triggered at the end of and event major. That specific action trigger the karma method/function.

Now with Ex Inanis, that karma function was moved to the vendor(s). Every time a cache is purchased, the karma function is triggered (not karma proccing, just the function which does the karma calculations). It applies to all caches, regardless of the cost etc. As a side effect, since not all caches are the same price, some caches give a lot more karma than other caches.

The mod only cache originally did not have any karma attached to it and this was changed due to player feedback.

In the livestream, Rarnok also said:
"We want you guys to be stoked on this. We want you guys to get what you want.
We want you guys to play how you wanna play and get the weapons you wanna get."

And I think that's great! Destro also said something similar :).

It's a trade-off not a penalty. Honestly what you are proposing just sounds like a case of "having your cake and eating it too".

Johnny Dbag
08-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Seems like the fact that the crates all have 1 karma attached to them is due to the tailoring of what you want. If you want to gamble on the supply crates, which have a chance of dropping ant weapon type, you get one karma. Or, of you would like to "tailor your grind" to the weapon specific types, you still get one karma, but since you are limiting or cutting down your RNG it's gonna take more PG to do so.

Oddly enough, I was focused on getting a mass cannon. So I was getting a lot of the artillery crates. Didn't happen. Bought a bunch of the 125 supply crates, got a syphon ST mass cannon. Go figure.

Light Energy
08-09-2017, 09:39 AM
It's a trade-off not a penalty. Honestly what you are proposing just sounds like a case of "having your cake and eating it too".
As I said, I understand the trade-off with the PG, but why is there a trade off with karma as well? That is the part I am unclear on.

Just as an example (since I do not know what other players have spent their PG on in any detail), I decided to spend 20K on 20 x 1000 PG mod caches (to mod a few weapons, such as a OJ brood lobber a clan mate kindly gave me). This gave me 20 karma points and a lot of mods I cannot use (I am trying to give them away). At least the brood lobber has 4 mods on it :).
Instead of getting 160 karma points, I got 20 karma points. I didn't choose to get less karma, I simply attempted to mod one or two weapons...yeah I know, my mistake for using the caches the way they were intended :o.

Would still like to know other points of view on this :)

Perhaps there are one or two players out there that haven't just been buying the Ex Inanis Mod Caches?
I don't know why players should get saltiness from other players (on other threads), just for choosing box B instead of box A. If it is wrong to choose box B, then blame the game for putting it there :D, don't blame the players.

Light Energy
08-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Seems like the fact that the crates all have 1 karma attached to them is due to the tailoring of what you want. If you want to gamble on the supply crates, which have a chance of dropping ant weapon type, you get one karma. Or, of you would like to "tailor your grind" to the weapon specific types, you still get one karma, but since you are limiting or cutting down your RNG it's gonna take more PG to do so.

Yeah, I can definitely see the "PG vs RNG" aspect :) Still would like the official line on the karma part, because that seems like it is discouraging purchases of a Patron Pass. If there are players who still have old PS or ST weapons from years ago (for example) and all they want to do is mod them, they don't seem to be getting as much benefit from karma.

Oddly enough, I was focused on getting a mass cannon. So I was getting a lot of the artillery crates. Didn't happen. Bought a bunch of the 125 supply crates, got a syphon ST mass cannon. Go figure.
Yes, a few players in game have said similar things to me :).

Trying to give a shortened version of my reply here: I don't want a whole heap of stuff to sort through! :)

It may appeal to those who can trade/sell all the random weapons and mods they get (and they could make a little profit on it too). I don't trade that much and it is hard to trade on PC/EU when scrip has little value, mods go for mods etc. And there don't seem to be many players around that want 4 commando scopes or whatever :D.

Carl Winslow
08-09-2017, 10:20 AM
It really comes down to what Light Energy quoted. We were promised a higher drop rate than events. If this promise were kept we should be getting a perfected every 1 in 20-40 caches imo, not 1 in 50-70.

Destromathe
08-09-2017, 10:40 AM

This is accurate. The Karma system for Ex Inanis is intended to be designed around choice. If you want the best possible chance at getting perfected weapons, then the supply crates give you the best overall chance at that, but in a less focused way. If for instance, you were to purchase the infantry box, you are getting less overall Karma per PG, however you are focusing the perfected weapons you can get by 1/3. We are happy with where this system is at, however we are keeping a close eye on the mod caches. We feel that they are not quite in the place we want them to be, as the investment vs return may not be high enough.

With regard to perfected drop rates in general, both the karma drop rates and the base drops rates are increased over previous jackpots from events. We are not looking to increase the drop rates, but may be decreasing the overall variance by removing some less popular weapons, and rotating the types over time.

I will be sure to let everyone know if we intend to make any changes to this when the next rotation comes around.

Light Energy
08-09-2017, 10:46 AM
This is accurate. The Karma system for Ex Inanis is intended to be designed around choice. If you want the best possible chance at getting perfected weapons, then the supply crates give you the best overall chance at that, but in a less focused way. If for instance, you were to purchase the infantry box, you are getting less overall Karma per PG, however you are focusing the perfected weapons you can get by 1/3. We are happy with where this system is at, however we are keeping a close eye on the mod caches. We feel that they are not quite in the place we want them to be, as the investment vs return may not be high enough.
Thank you for the further information Destro :).

With regard to perfected drop rates in general, both the karma drop rates and the base drops rates are increased over previous jackpots from events. We are not looking to increase the drop rates, but may be decreasing the overall variance by removing some less popular weapons, and rotating the types over time.
That last sentence sounds interesting :) After re-watching the stream, I had a feeling that future changes to the weapon pool would not be off the table :).

Zer0Playr
08-09-2017, 11:47 AM
I have Bern buying crates with the runner sine a Werk how....and no perfected weapon awarded! I have Patron, been buying the 125 bos and the 500 artillery box mostly...in the hopes of finally getting a perfected mass canon...but since a week....nothing! So, it is broken....this whole game is broken now!! So many leaving because of this crap!!

Dev....why is my karma broken??? And if I get a perfexted sniper out of this artillery box then I will be quitting too!! I have spent a hundres euros on boxes already....no perfected mass canon!! Now I haven't gotten a karma drop in a week?!!

If Karma is broken, explain me how I got 2 perfected weapons a few weeks ago?

Here. Watch me getting them

https://youtu.be/O3A3wCzZaCA

Rhettro
08-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Thanks Destromathe. A reduction in the weapon pool would be greatly welcomed. I would say at least one third - maybe half - of the current weapon types are of no interest to players. Conversely, weapons like the full auto wolfhound (not included in the current pool) would actually be in some demand.

Deahla
08-09-2017, 12:01 PM
If Karma is broken, explain me how I got 2 perfected weapons a few weeks ago?

Here. Watch me getting them

https://youtu.be/O3A3wCzZaCA

Ffs read the post before replying.

ance
08-09-2017, 02:18 PM
If I stack up karma from the 125pg caches, do they apply to the 500pg caches aswell?

Destromathe
08-09-2017, 02:56 PM
If I stack up karma from the 125pg caches, do they apply to the 500pg caches aswell?

Yes, Karma is universal for all Ex Inanis boxes. There is a separate Karma count for store bought boxes.

Johnny Dbag
08-09-2017, 03:07 PM

I will be sure to let everyone know if we intend to make any changes to this when the next rotation comes around.
Thanks for responding to the thread Destro, in my opinion a little dev input goes a long way. Stoked to see which weapons get culled from the lineup.

*I'm looking at you, longshot cannon, grenade launcher and vanguard rifle....

Zer0Playr
08-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Ffs read the post before replying.

Well, that was my experience with Karma. But I have to say: my Patron is ending in two weeks. I won't receive Karma until I buy another. Maybe I will buy another in september, so, that's it. Lol

Light Energy
08-10-2017, 09:01 AM

Please may I clarify: does that mean the price of the "Ex Inanis Mod Cache" (currently 125 PG) may increase?

ratpie
08-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Please may I clarify: does that mean the price of the "Ex Inanis Mod Cache" (currently 125 PG) may increase?

i think he means they will lower the cost per mod cache not the 125 boxes.
pulled a few nice br's so far and traded for a precise mass can syph st oj mag sup dmg,
need to reroll mastery from 4 to 5 mag but all these sweet guns makin me afkforge poor.

Calm like a Bomb
08-11-2017, 08:21 AM
Please may I clarify: does that mean the price of the "Ex Inanis Mod Cache" (currently 125 PG) may increase? I hope not...maybe he means they will actually make a cache a cache by increasing the number of items you recieve when you purchase one.

Cache-a collection of items of the same type.

stefb42
08-12-2017, 06:58 AM
I've only ever bought the supply crate and a few general mod crates and have pulled 20+ perfected weapons and numerous swords, but with regards to the more expensive crates, does buying a certain type ie the artillery crate guarantee your karma drop of perfected weapon will be from the type of crate you bought? As far as I can make out a karma drop comes as an extra drop, and you get them in crates that contain no guns too so is a karma drop completely random? Or will it be guaranteed to be from the crate type you bought if buying weapon crates

Light Energy
08-12-2017, 07:17 AM
@ratpie
@Calm like a Bomb

Thank you for your responses :). I read it that the "investment" part was not high enough (since it was the former rather than the latter). Hopefully Destro will clarify on Monday :).

...does buying a certain type ie the artillery crate guarantee your karma drop of perfected weapon will be from the type of crate you bought?
I believe so, that is what I understood the following sentence to mean:

If for instance, you were to purchase the infantry box, you are getting less overall Karma per PG, however you are focusing the perfected weapons you can get by 1/3.

I.e. the Karma rolled Perfected Weapon would match the cache type. So this explained (for me) why the Karma points for the non-125 PG caches are not proportionally higher :)... Karma is being focused :)

stefb42
08-12-2017, 09:22 AM
@ratpie
@Calm like a Bomb

Thank you for your responses :). I read it that the "investment" part was not high enough (since it was the former rather than the latter). Hopefully Destro will clarify on Monday :).

I believe so, that is what I understood the following sentence to mean:

I.e. the Karma rolled Perfected Weapon would match the cache type. So this explained (for me) why the Karma points for the non-125 PG caches are not proportionally higher :)... Karma is being focused :)

Ok but it's all the same karma though yes? There isn't separate karma counts for each individual crate? Which would mean you could open supply crates to build karma a bit then switch to a different crate type to try and roll the karma?

And are mod crates the same idea? General mod crate can drop anything as karma jp as it includes mods for all weapon types, but if you buy crates for mods for an ar/smg/lmg and karma rolls thats the type of perfected gun you'd get?

Has this been explained already and I've missed it? Or do we need a bit more clarity about what crates drop what perfected guns, especially with the mod crates which contain no guns except perfected

Light Energy
08-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Ok but it's all the same karma though yes? There isn't separate karma counts for each individual crate? Which would mean you could open supply crates to build karma a bit then switch to a different crate type to try and roll the karma?
Correct, all the same karma count (which is separate from the Defiance Store karma count).

I'm not 100% sure if Perfected Weapons (PWs) from the Elite Lockboxes affect the Karma count:

If they kept the karma system true to how it was with events, then no, an elite lockbox pull shouldn't count. That being said, I think it would be nice if they were incorporated with Karma, or given a separate Karma system.

And are mod crates the same idea? General mod crate can drop anything as karma jp as it includes mods for all weapon types, but if you buy crates for mods for an ar/smg/lmg and karma rolls thats the type of perfected gun you'd get?
I would assume so (given Destro's recent post)...but I don't recall seeing that explicitly stated.
Originally I thought the PW would have been from the full 51 weapon type pool.

Has this been explained already and I've missed it?
Not as far as I recall (hence my question earlier in this thread). First and foremost, I refer to this for info on Ex Inanis Karma:
KARMA CHANGES

Karma is no longer accumulated from in-game events. Instead, Karma will now be granted when you purchase any box from the Ex Inanis Runner (mod boxes will contain karma, and will drop a Perfected Weapon from the pool of all weapons if a karma perfected is earned). Each point of karma you earn will now appear in your chat window, and will increase your chance of obtaining a Perfected Weapon.

Karma earned through the Defiance store is tracked separately as usual, and will also contribute to the chance of obtaining a Perfected Weapon.

The Karma system is still limited to Patrons only, and is not accumulated unless you have an active Patron status on your account.

Or do we need a bit more clarity about what crates drop what perfected guns, especially with the mod crates which contain no guns except perfected
Well, I'm all in favour of more information / clarity...every little bit helps :).

Carl Winslow
08-12-2017, 06:39 PM
RNG hates me. Going 72 karma on the last drop, and currently at 54 karma. Really doesn't seem like any increased drop rate over events to some of us.