PDA

View Full Version : Chips finally being tradeable...

Decoy303
08-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Well I'm glad this is happening. Not glad that it took my rig getting stolen and other people's **** for them to fix their dumb *** policy. However I don't understand why they could not give me my rig back if in fact they are now doing this.

NobleLionz
08-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Well I'm glad this is happening. Not glad that it took my rig getting stolen and other people's **** for them to fix their dumb *** policy. However I don't understand why they could not give me my rig back if in fact they are now doing this.

I feel your pain cause My CC rig with sunderer got scammed as well. I am HAPPY that chips are now tradable and I don't think that they will reimbursed scammed victims(would be nice if they do) however, there is one more tick that these scammers can/will use to bypass this tradable chip patch. Scammers can swap the items in the trade window after you press ACCEPT.

Example
Wtb T6 UD 70M
The seller(scammer) will put T6 UD into trade window and when you press accept he can swap the T6 UD for a T3 pistol. So in other words you bought a T3 pistol for 70M and then he equip the T6 UD and shoots you in the face.

Solution
DO NOT be the first one to press ACCEPT.<----- it's working so far.

cheeseballsssss
08-13-2017, 11:10 AM
I feel your pain cause My CC rig with sunderer got scammed as well. I am HAPPY that chips are now tradable and I don't think that they will reimbursed scammed victims(would be nice if they do) however, there is one more tick that these scammers can/will use to bypass this tradable chip patch. Scammers can swap the items in the trade window after you press ACCEPT.

Example
Wtb T6 UD 70M
The seller(scammer) will put T6 UD into trade window and when you press accept he can swap the T6 UD for a T3 pistol. So in other words you bought a T3 pistol for 70M and then he equip the T6 UD and shoots you in the face.

Solution
DO NOT be the first one to press ACCEPT.<----- it's working so far.

Or a better yet solution : Only trade with people you trust. Don't trade with people that don't speak English (if you can't understand them, how can you trust them?). Don't do risky trades with people that don't have much gear (someone that already has a ton of stuf doesn't really have anything to gain from scamming.).

Calm like a Bomb
08-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Everytime someone would switch out items in the trade window I would get a pop up message informing me of that allowing me to back out before the transaction can be completed.

NobleLionz
08-13-2017, 11:14 AM
Or a better yet solution : Only trade with people you trust. Don't trade with people that don't speak English (if you can't understand them, how can you trust them?). Don't do risky trades with people that don't have much gear (someone that already has a ton of stuf doesn't really have anything to gain from scamming.).

Point taken. Sometimes those scammers are the ones with a lot is good gear and they can also be in your friends list. Immoral reasoning triggered the unexpected scamming.

NobleLionz
08-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Everytime someone would switch out items in the trade window I would get a pop up message informing me of that allowing me to back out before the transaction can be completed.

I do get those as well but for some reason this pop up message doesn't always pop up and p00p you got scammed.