PDA

View Full Version : this explained everything

fayth
04-07-2013, 11:42 PM
this explained everything

as you start the game, the captain called you... before you managed to talk. von bach distracted the captain

and you didnt even say anything to cass as she rescued you.

nor did you ever said anything when everyone talked to you. nolan. grant, everyone.

turns out... having the EGO implant destroys your vocal chord. you are a mute. thats why no one ever said anything or typed anything in chat. thats why no one ever communicates with anyone in this game. all player arkhunters are mute!

(seriously, no one ever said anything to anyone in this game. even in a coop dungeon)

Khel
04-07-2013, 11:48 PM
The chat system is simply the worst designed and totally unintuitive, i ever seen in a multiplayer game. Its not even placed "right" on the screen, not can it show more than one line of text without taking away half of the screen real-estate. of course, no one bothers to use it.

Really, it need a complete redesign of its UI elements.

Uttrik
04-07-2013, 11:49 PM

as you start the game, the captain called you... before you managed to talk. von bach distracted the captain

nor did you ever said anything when everyone talked to you. nolan. grant, everyone.

turns out... having the EGO implant destroys your vocal chord. you are a mute. thats why no one ever said anything or typed anything in chat. thats why no one ever communicates with anyone in this game. all player arkhunters are mute!

(seriously, no one ever said anything to anyone in this game. even in a coop dungeon)

I turn off voice because it is horrible. The side effect of this is my chat is also muted. I'm sure a lot more people will chat when they fix this.

Japkap
04-07-2013, 11:50 PM

Some of us write to give hints during events, in coop i seem to be unfortunate as hell, with people burping into the mic and breathing heavy into the mic.

There is some chat activity, but the overall ingame chat and voice are nearly non existent, and that is a shame but that is just the game atm, it might improve as time goes by but for now it is not being used that often.

Lenko
04-08-2013, 12:39 AM
I turned off in-game VOIP after listening to a Russian dude eating his breakfast and laughing maniacally at something every few minutes.

Grimwyrd
04-08-2013, 12:50 AM
turns out... having the EGO implant destroys your vocal chord.

Is that what happens? I saw the way all ark hunters stand bow-legged and thought the EGO implant might be a suppository. ;)

Dinova
04-08-2013, 01:01 AM
The chat system is simply the worst designed and totally unintuitive, i ever seen in a multiplayer game. Its not even placed "right" on the screen, not can it show more than one line of text without taking away half of the screen real-estate. of course, no one bothers to use it.

Really, it need a complete redesign of its UI elements.
Wait, multiplayer games got 'rules' on where the chat-windows is supposed to be? lol.

krazyx86
04-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Wait, multiplayer games got 'rules' on where the chat-windows is supposed to be? lol.

I don't see anything about "rules" in his statement, but he is, IMO, right about chat box placement.. As it currently is, you can only see one line of chat at a time(if you don't press enter or use the bigger chat window) on the bottom right corner of the screen.. It's a little hard to see anyone chatting at all when your focus is usually on the center of the screen and you only have a half-inch(1.27cm) of space to see it on..

Dinova
04-08-2013, 01:13 AM
I don't see anything about "rules" in his statement, but he is, IMO, right about chat box placement.. As it currently is, you can only see one line of chat at a time(if you don't press enter or use the bigger chat window) on the bottom right corner of the screen.. It's a little hard to see anyone chatting at all when your focus is usually on the center of the screen and you only have a half-inch(1.27cm) of space to see it on..
If you focus so badly on the center, would a left placed chatbox be different? No.

I have little problems with it, works ok in dungeons, sure it could be better, but its far from broken.

KadenLag
04-08-2013, 01:46 AM
chat in game just outright i think is broken, havnt seen it working in days, only once i saw it work and that was badly. when you join groups there is a bug that duplicates the voice so everytime i join i have to switch it on and off.