PDA

View Full Version : Lighten up, this is for all you complainers!

TheSensorium
04-08-2013, 03:27 AM
It has been 6 days since Defiance went live, and I personally only bought it two days ago. Just like every other forum in the world, this forum is full of complaints. Trion have made a brilliant game here, yeah - the menus aren't great what with being created catering for console players, but the game mechanics and gamestyle is REFRESHING!

Defiance has the potential to be a great game with exceptional longevity. The bug fixing/updates are sharp and the community is always kept up to date with whats going on behind the curtain. Stop your crying, make a sandwich and take the game slow - don't burn it out as quick as you can as I bet you did with WoW, Rift, WaR, GW2 etc.

Pointless post, but ya know.

lee green
04-08-2013, 03:49 AM
yes plz slowdown so they can fix it and we all can have fun with it game it nice to have it iam so sick of wow and the others I love this game and would like to see it kick wow and others butt this is fun and not work like wow just to raid.

Anim
04-08-2013, 03:57 AM
The difference is, games like wow actually had content. GW2 failed and this will too because people have absolutely nothing to do once the main story arc is finished.

Noks
04-08-2013, 04:09 AM
I've finished the main story arc, and have tons of things left to do. hell, my main reason for finishing the story was to unlock the co-ops. I still have side missions, pvp, pursuits and best of all... Arkfalls. Plus the five major content patches, atleast, this year alone (dlc). Theres tons of content. I'd rather play what Defiance has to offer then just grind to level cap in the hope I enjoy the raiding and pvp (WoW).

Personally, I'm at 650 ego, not rushing, grinding, or even trying to level. Im just having fun, for the first time in an mmo... since i can't remember when.

Anim
04-08-2013, 04:16 AM
The side missions are mind numbingly dull, most of the time it's 'drive over there and press e'. There are a grand total of 2 pvp maps right now (they removed some that were in the beta), it's not as fluid or polished as other mmo/mmofps games. Pursuits, some are full on ridiculous, reviving 2500 players, you go have fun with that.

My biggest hate on this game, arkfalls. There is nothing interesting about them, nothing dynamic and no actual point in doing them. Half turn in to a lag fest because the server cant cope with 100+ people all shooting the same target for 10mins. A matriarch solo doesnt take long to kill and requires you to dodge and roll a bit, add 100 people and it turns to a tedious experience of just standing there shooting a specific part of a hitbox for a long while.

What do you get at the end of them? 5 keys and a pat on the back, awesome job.

Dinova
04-08-2013, 04:34 AM
The difference is, games like wow actually had content. GW2 failed and this will too because people have absolutely nothing to do once the main story arc is finished.
Did we play the same WoW vanilla launch? That was even worse (50-100 players trying to hit a single spawned wolf).

TheSensorium
04-08-2013, 04:37 AM
Im just having fun, for the first time in an mmo... since i can't remember when.

This sums up everything for me.

Anim
04-08-2013, 04:40 AM
I played wow from the very start (and before) but had the time and sense to stay ahead of the curve. I spent a full month of playing very actively with things to do the entire time with the goal of being at a suitable level to even think about starting the endgame content, MC was there from very near to the start.

Games have learnt from the quest tagging issues and thats fine but a completely different topic compared to the lack of content in Defiance. I could write more interesting content including worthwhile replayability in a day than what is currently in this game, sure I have a lot of practice in the subject but it's sad that Defiance is lacking so much.

Kane
04-08-2013, 04:52 AM
I for one am not a fanboy but i do like the game and i hope it picks up more when the series starts...and i bought the game thinking just that, that the launch on the 2nd is actually an "early start" period for everyone, the content in the game is somewhat linked to the tv show, so i wasn't expecting much content, even so i did expect a little more than what it is currently available...
Overall, i am content with my purchase and in my opinion, if they close the servers today, i got my money's worth of gameplay...more than i got from Tomb raider for example, and i know tomb raider is single player but then again for the moment so is defiance...

Hummy
04-08-2013, 04:52 AM
It has been 6 days since Defiance went live, and I personally only bought it two days ago. Just like every other forum in the world, this forum is full of complaints. Trion have made a brilliant game here, yeah - the menus aren't great what with being created catering for console players, but the game mechanics and gamestyle is REFRESHING!

Defiance has the potential to be a great game with exceptional longevity. The bug fixing/updates are sharp and the community is always kept up to date with whats going on behind the curtain. Stop your crying, make a sandwich and take the game slow - don't burn it out as quick as you can as I bet you did with WoW, Rift, WaR, GW2 etc.

Pointless post, but ya know.

Well that was stupid. You realise if people don't complain about a majority of things, the developers would consider them perfectly fine and/ or not even realise that something is broken.

Exastiken
04-08-2013, 04:55 AM

I don't see how Guild Wars 2 failed if it's thriving, maintaining a strong player base, and developing new content every month.

Oceanhawk
04-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Who gives a crap about WoW? You guys missed the point entirely. This game is severly lacking in what makes games fun for the long haul. Here are some issues i see that will eventually end up killing the game:

1. No equipment progression - OK I know some of you like the fact that you don't need to grind to get the best weapons. But right now the weapon i use the most is the one I got in the first 2 hours of play. Yep i know it no longer gets experience but who cares, the EGO points earned from the experience don't mean anything right now.

2. EQO Matrix - I mean really what is this mess? So far i haven't found any of the stuff in the matrix to really be something I can't live without. I intentionally stopped putting points into EGO from level 200 - 600. When I finally dumped all the points in I didn't see any real difference at all. I killed mobs at the same speed and I took damage at the same rate. So again what is the point of this EGO matrix?

3. No End game - While I find the story line to be pretty fun and it is the main reason I am still playing. Trion does a pretty good job telling a story and it's fun. However what will happen when I finish the story line (Which i am very close to doing right now) a week into the game? The pursuits aren't anything to care about since the points they help you get (EGO matrix) don't really make your toon any better. The side missions are all almost exactly the same and are repetitive to the point the bore the heck out of me. The racing? OMG even those are broken.

4. Short game - Yep this is the straw that will break the camels back I'm afraid. While I already paid for the season pass and I know they will add content, I'm afraid it will be too slow to make a real difference. I'm about 90% sure I'll be long gone before the first DLC comes out and when it does will I have the will power to come back? Only time will tell but honestly I doubt it will.

Right now I am planning on quitting as soon as the main story line finishes and I'm sure there are more people like me than there are people that will continue on. A game to be successful in this market has to offer originality, fun and a sense of something left to accomplish by playing. Right now I think the game fails greatly on the last point. I hope I am wrong because I really want this game to succeed, if it does then other companies might bring out other MMOFPS' at least I hope so.

Kane
04-08-2013, 05:03 AM
:) weapon progressions reffers to the extra things you get when you level that weapon type, press esc and go to character screen, above you have status...go down the list and you shall se the weapon types...those advance when you use that weapon type and it's not maxed out, so you get extra damage, extra crit, faster reload and so on, so weapon progression has been taken out of the weapon grinding in to a different kind of grinding...grinding to level the weapon type for me that is worse than grinding, at least grinding has a chance of luck...this one is strictly a matter of using that weapon type, changing the weapon each time you get your weapon leveled (meaning it is more useful) and get a basic one. Leveling weapons has nothing to do with ego other that you get 4 ego rating...you do know btw that you have to EQUIP the perks...if you dump all your points in the matrix and do not equip the perks than i doubt you will see any difference...

Anim
04-08-2013, 05:07 AM
I don't see how Guild Wars 2 failed if it's thriving, maintaining a strong player base, and developing new content every month.

I dont know a single person that's still playing GW2 and I knew a lot that played it at release.

Who gives a crap about WoW? You guys missed the point entirely. This game is severly lacking in what makes games fun for the long haul. Here are some issues i see that will eventually end up killing the game:

When discussing things like content, people go back towards wow because it started with content and regularly produced challenging content that people couldnt finish in a matter of days, nevermind the hour of content after the TV show airs.

1. No equipment progression

Major factor here, people hang around for the sense of achievement, getting that item slightly better than the old one you have. I would hate to count the number of items i've salvaged because of their pointlessness. No set items to work towards is also a big hit, people love having long term goals in mind when grinding away the hours.

2. EGO Matrix?

Agreed, it's embarrassingly bad and whichever 'designer' came up with it needs to go back go school. Character customisation had more depth 10 years ago in games, the excuse of it being a shooter doesnt fly either.

3. No End game

This is the big one, unless you're willing to repeat the same hilariously easy content day in day out then you're going to move on. PvP isnt polished enough to compete with genuine fps games, PvE has nothing to do once the missions are done, the contracts dont give nearly enough reward and the rep gain is pointless in the end.

I'm not really sure how people are defending this, some are deluded enough to expect a whole new world when the first episode airs but in actual fact its just going to be a couple of episode missions in marin or maybe even still in Mt.Tam.

Daddums
04-08-2013, 05:11 AM
I love it when people complain about people who complain.

Keeps the threads moving along, so silly one's like this can end up in obscurity.

Katz
Once Episode 1 is finished, I believe they're going to release an Episode 2. After all, they did say they were going to release new content.

On a side note, I'm a loot hunter. This is like Borderlands: The MMO to me, and I enjoy loot hunting!

Kane
i for one am not defending it and neither throw stones at it, it is a game as it is now, i got my money's worth because i didn't buy it with hopes of greatness and that is why i am not disappointed in it and still have hope because i don't really expect too much of it...

And as a thought, i know at leas 30 people that play gw2 even now, i like the game and in my opinion wow is waaay beneath gw2 in many ways...except the hard-core content, gw2 is casual and easy...

Kane
04-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Once Episode 1 is finished, I believe they're going to release an Episode 2. After all, they did say they were going to release new content.

On a side note, I'm a loot hunter. This is like Borderlands: The MMO to me, and I enjoy loot hunting!

SEASON...that episode you are referring to is a season...and a season is LOOOONG...so don't get your hopes up...

Katz
04-08-2013, 05:18 AM
SEASON...that episode you are referring to is a season...and a season is LOOOONG...so don't get your hopes up...

Sorry, what I meant. With each Season is new content. But games like these usually get new 'dungeons' between then and now to keep the game alive, if not a few events. New Co-ops would be fun. One can only hope, though. Until then, I'll just keep ark hunting. And there are the pursuits.

Anim
04-08-2013, 05:21 AM

You realise you get the same random loot no matter where you are? You could just spend 20 hours in the starting zones killing stuff, where's the fun?

TheSensorium
04-08-2013, 05:31 AM
I love it when people complain about people who complain.

Keeps the threads moving along, so silly one's like this can end up in obscurity.

Thanks for bumping my thread :)

Name me one game that was perfect in the first 7 days after launch. Other MMO's have had time to develop and build. This isn't just a game, Defiance is a project. Don't forget that it's running alongside a TV show (which hasn't been piloted yet) that will effect the game content in real time. This game is an investment, it cannot give you progression past where the TV show is currently at.

Oceanhawk
04-08-2013, 05:36 AM
:) weapon progressions reffers to the extra things you get when you level that weapon type, press esc and go to character screen, above you have status...go down the list and you shall se the weapon types...those advance when you use that weapon type and it's not maxed out, so you get extra damage, extra crit, faster reload and so on, so weapon progression has been taken out of the weapon grinding in to a different kind of grinding...grinding to level the weapon type for me that is worse than grinding, at least grinding has a chance of luck...this one is strictly a matter of using that weapon type, changing the weapon each time you get your weapon leveled (meaning it is more useful) and get a basic one. Leveling weapons has nothing to do with ego other that you get 4 ego rating...you do know btw that you have to EQUIP the perks...if you dump all your points in the matrix and do not equip the perks than i doubt you will see any difference...

yes I know you have to activate the perks, I'm not stupid. Point is that these so called perks are nothing in reality. So I stand by my opinion that the EGO matrix is horribly done and the designer that came up with the idea should be whipped within an inch of their life with a wet noodle.

Anim
04-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Thanks for bumping my thread :)

Name me one game that was perfect in the first 7 days after launch. Other MMO's have had time to develop and build. This isn't just a game, Defiance is a project. Don't forget that it's running alongside a TV show (which hasn't been piloted yet) that will effect the game content in real time. This game is an investment, it cannot give you progression past where the TV show is currently at.

You're so naive, you think that once the first episode airs you'll have a world of things to carry on with? No, expect one or two 'episode missions' and that's it.

Plenty of games have had a huge amount to do in the first week of launch, for instance nearly every major mmorpg released in the last 10 years, the amount of things to do in this game is a disgrace.

Oceanhawk
04-08-2013, 05:38 AM
The TV show is a gimmick plain and simple. It will in no way enhance the game play in and of itself. We paid for a MMO and what we got is an online single player game with no real progression and zero end game content. It has broken PvP, no social aspect and zero character development. All of which is required in a MMO.

Schwa
04-08-2013, 05:42 AM
You're so naive, you think that once the first episode airs you'll have a world of things to carry on with? No, expect one or two 'episode missions' and that's it.

Plenty of games have had a huge amount to do in the first week of launch, for instance nearly every major mmorpg released in the last 10 years, the amount of things to do in this game is a disgrace.

I'm of two minds on this. While it's true the raw number of "quests" is lower than what you'd see in a typical MMO, it's also true they've put a bunch in the game that isn't a typical quest. Things like the hidden vendors and "invasions" (to use a Rift term) on the roadways are good examples.

In many ways, it gives the game a strong sandbox feel. It's not about getting from point A to point B to get X task done, it's about wandering around a bit with that fancy shotgun to blast some fools in the face.

That aside, I do miss the exploration that comes along with a massive world of a typical MMO. While it's true this game has many "layers" built on top of a single, densely-packed, region, it just doesn't feel as substantial as what I was hoping for. Still, the game's a blast to play and Trion is a beast at updates. We'll see if they can keep the title of "content update kings" they earned from Rift.

Kane
04-08-2013, 05:44 AM
never player rift but many people say that trion updates often...still waiting for an update...

Avicularia
04-08-2013, 05:47 AM
If by "kept up to date" you mean, occasionally they will tell us they are taking servers down, maybe 1/4 of the time... and when they do they give no details, no patch notes, nothing at all, just a big FU for 30 minutes. Seems legit.

Avicularia
04-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Path of Exile had no bugs whatsoever on launch day. And it is F2P. #getwreckednoob? Twitter style... obviously.

Avicularia
04-08-2013, 05:50 AM
The TV show is a gimmick plain and simple. It will in no way enhance the game play in and of itself. We paid for a MMO and what we got is an online single player game with no real progression and zero end game content. It has broken PvP, no social aspect and zero character development. All of which is required in a MMO.

Gonna have to throw a "Hallelujah AMEN" up.

Anim
04-08-2013, 05:51 AM
I'm of two minds on this. While it's true the raw number of "quests" is lower than what you'd see in a typical MMO, it's also true they've put a bunch in the game that isn't a typical quest. Things like the hidden vendors and "invasions" (to use a Rift term) on the roadways are good examples.

In many ways, it gives the game a strong sandbox feel. It's not about getting from point A to point B to get X task done, it's about wandering around a bit with that fancy shotgun to blast some fools in the face.

That aside, I do miss the exploration that comes along with a massive world of a typical MMO. While it's true this game has many "layers" built on top of a single, densely-packed, region, it just doesn't feel as substantial as what I was hoping for. Still, the game's a blast to play and Trion is a beast at updates. We'll see if they can keep the title of "content update kings" they earned from Rift.

Rift had a relatively solid start with content, the big difference is that the invasions were larger, more interesting, dynamic, produced good rewards and scaled properly with players. Some also required doing OTHER things to trigger the event, with a sense of loss if you failed but great reward if you got a good group together to finish it, Defiance and Rift are worlds apart when it comes to arkfalls and invasions. I've done my 5 major hellbug invasions, wont be doing any more.

never player rift but many people say that trion updates often...still waiting for an update...

They did some good content patches, after a long while.

Schwa
04-08-2013, 05:55 AM
Rift had a relatively solid start with content, the big difference is that the invasions were larger, more interesting, dynamic, produced good rewards and scaled properly with players. Some also required doing OTHER things to trigger the event, with a sense of loss if you failed but great reward if you got a good group together to finish it, Defiance and Rift are worlds apart when it comes to arkfalls and invasions. I've done my 5 major hellbug invasions, wont be doing any more.

I'm not saying Rift is on the same level as Defiance, or vice versa. I'm not saying the Arkfalls are on the same level as what we saw in Rift. I'm talking about the Emergencies in Defiance: the boss monster out in a field smacking hellbugs, etc. That specific thing is what makes me think this is more of a sandbox than what we saw in other games, Rift included. That's why I said "invasions" rather than "major invasions."

It's not about just standing in place and getting an objective. It's about taking your quad out and running people over because it's fun-- you just happen to get achievements for playing.

It does feel like Trion's taking a different path than they did in Rift, though. Rift was built on the ruins of a bulldozed game-- they obviously had more previously existing assets to work with. Pretty much all of Defiance is new stuff, and it'll be interesting to see how Trion builds off of what's there.

Or it'll suck and it'll be fun while it lasted. I'd much rather keep feeding them money for an awesome quazi-subscription shooter sandbox than pay $60 for a game that's 900 hours of the same MMO fetch quests.

TheSensorium
04-08-2013, 05:56 AM

What part of investment did you not understand?

Dinova
04-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Sorry, what I meant. With each Season is new content. But games like these usually get new 'dungeons' between then and now to keep the game alive, if not a few events. New Co-ops would be fun. One can only hope, though. Until then, I'll just keep ark hunting. And there are the pursuits.
The thing many dont seem to understand, there is already Co-op in the map itself. Many quests you get as popup (disable this, steal that, free whatever) can be done in co-op, its not my fault the majority of people dont give a .. about teaming so they just run around solo.

I like doing that mine one (free 4 captives, then 2 main guys, they go repair pipes etc), if there is someone near -> ctrl -> nearby -> person -> invite. True, no real benefit from teaming apart from bit extra exp and able to see eachother health.. but still, community and teaming is something a player himself can do also.

Anim
04-08-2013, 06:08 AM
I'm not saying Rift is on the same level as Defiance, or vice versa. I'm not saying the Arkfalls are on the same level as what we saw in Rift. I'm talking about the Emergencies in Defiance: the boss monster out in a field smacking hellbugs, etc. That specific thing is what makes me think this is more of a sandbox than what we saw in other games, Rift included. That's why I said "invasions" rather than "major invasions.".

They're so dull though, they are always in the exact same place because they're part of the missions anyway and if you complete it just wait 2 minutes and you're doing the exact same scripted event from scratch again with absolutely zero effect on the world around you. So even the dynamic world encounters are linear :(

What part of investment did you not understand?

What I'm not understanding is why you're investing so much hope in to something that is a guaranteed let down, 8 or 9 episode missions over the next 4 months, FUN.

The thing many dont seem to understand, there is already Co-op in the map itself.

Unfortunately you answered your own question/statement, theres no reason at all to group up. Its not difficult enough to not just run and gun until you accidentally complete that encounter.

Spookyy
04-08-2013, 06:20 AM
It's same with every mmo release, blind fanboys defending everything about the game until the players are gone...

Trion made Rift right? Did they suddenly forget how to make mmo's? Sadly it looks like a half baked thingy right now with problems all over the place.

Schwa
04-08-2013, 06:25 AM
It's same with every mmo release, blind fanboys defending everything about the game until the players are gone...

Trion made Rift right? Did they suddenly forget how to make mmo's? Sadly it looks like a half baked thingy right now with problems all over the place.

Oh, even though I have rosy things to say and I'm having an absolute blast right now, don't mistake me as a "blind fandboy." I'll dump this game the instant it's no longer entertaining to me. Just as I have done with every other game (even MMOs) I've played.

Without drama. Without a goodbye letter on the forums. Even without a complaint.

Because I got other **** to play. Ball's entirely in Trion's court to keep me around. If they don't want to, that's perfectly fine. It's idiotic to expect every MMO that releases to last 20 years, just as it's idiotic to expect every MMO that releases to have enough content to last 200 hours of nonstop release-week play. I consider the content they've provided at $60 more than I've gotten in recent releases (Bioshock Infinite included) so it's a decent deal for me. Whether or not they get more money from me is entirely up to them.

TheSensorium
04-08-2013, 06:36 AM

Fanboy, I am not. I dont tie myself in with games with high expectations because of how much of a let down games tend to be these days. I bought Defiance four days after release after I got persuaded by friends because I originally thought that it would be a one week wonder. To my surprise it's refreshing and has so much potential. The problem is, as consumers, we are spoilt for choice these days. I must have bought atleast 10 MMO's over the course of 5/6 years that are so repetitive and boring that I quit within days let alone weeks.

I'm just glad that there is light at the end of the tunnel and I'm willing to stick with Defiance and give it a chance to develop and evolve.

CaptainRaj
04-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Firstly, all of you non-constructive critics out there. Those that are waxing lyrical about WoW and GW2. I bet you moaned about them at launch too. And I bet you moaned 1 week later. And the next. And you only stopped when the next game came out. It's what you do. You moan and complain. You sound like Karl Von Bach to me! For the sake of all positive people's sanity, you should sell your computer/console and take up knitting. You can moan about knitting practices to your knitting club.

Anyway, I agree with Anim on:

I think the Arkfalls are too easy and too common with rubbish rewards (but the rewards mirror the difficulty). I think Trion should maintain the amount of "minor ark falls" as they're really easy and quick with rubbish rewards again - which mirrors the difficulty. But the major ones should be heavily reduced (there are about 5 every hour!!). Maybe 1 every couple of hours and they should be MUCH bigger and harder. Also the Hellbug Monarchs should be scrapped. The hellbug symbiote is good but the Monarchs are tedious and monotonous.

Other than that and the obligatory bugs, I love this game (yes, they are obligatory... if you've ever played ANY game you'll know they come boxed with bugs and glitches. All games from CoD to Sim City to Skyrim have this issue...).

Finally, I've spent a lot of time driving about on my rollers and runners doing "stunts". They should setup the landscape so there are particular awards you can achieve in normal game - Not the time trials. I seem to remember the BETA had something like that. Maybe they could add a separate roller/runner improvement strain. Maybe doing lots of long/high/fast jumps reduces the damage you take from enemy fire and avoiding crashes or lots of sliding can increase the damage inflicted. They could even increase speed bonuses judged on the distance traveled, etc.

Just to add to those moaners; my "complaints" above is coupled with a suggestion. It's called constructive.

One final thing; if anyone has a fully auto assault rifle better than the Firestorm and want to trade it with me, let me know. I got one but accidentally destroyed it retrieving mods :'(

Oceanhawk
04-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Firstly, all of you non-constructive critics out there. Those that are waxing lyrical about WoW and GW2. I bet you moaned about them at launch too. And I bet you moaned 1 week later. And the next. And you only stopped when the next game came out. It's what you do. You moan and complain. You sound like Karl Von Bach to me! For the sake of all positive people's sanity, you should sell your computer/console and take up knitting. You can moan about knitting practices to your knitting club.

Anyway, I agree with Anim on:

I think the Arkfalls are too easy and too common with rubbish rewards (but the rewards mirror the difficulty). I think Trion should maintain the amount of "minor ark falls" as they're really easy and quick with rubbish rewards again - which mirrors the difficulty. But the major ones should be heavily reduced (there are about 5 every hour!!). Maybe 1 every couple of hours and they should be MUCH bigger and harder. Also the Hellbug Monarchs should be scrapped. The hellbug symbiote is good but the Monarchs are tedious and monotonous.

Other than that and the obligatory bugs, I love this game (yes, they are obligatory... if you've ever played ANY game you'll know they come boxed with bugs and glitches. All games from CoD to Sim City to Skyrim have this issue...).

Finally, I've spent a lot of time driving about on my rollers and runners doing "stunts". They should setup the landscape so there are particular awards you can achieve in normal game - Not the time trials. I seem to remember the BETA had something like that. Maybe they could add a separate roller/runner improvement strain. Maybe doing lots of long/high/fast jumps reduces the damage you take from enemy fire and avoiding crashes or lots of sliding can increase the damage inflicted. They could even increase speed bonuses judged on the distance traveled, etc.

Just to add to those moaners; my "complaints" above is coupled with a suggestion. It's called constructive.

One final thing; if anyone has a fully auto assault rifle better than the Firestorm and want to trade it with me, let me know. I got one but accidentally destroyed it retrieving mods :'(

What you call moaning is people trying to discuss the shortcomings of the game. Every single online game ever released got better because the player base let the developers know what worked and what didn't. Just because you like everything the way it is doesn't mean the game can't be improved. So please stop the name calling and try to discuss why you think us moaners are wrong.

Katz
04-08-2013, 07:24 AM
Oh yeah. Sawed-off to the final boss' face! I just beat Season one!
Thought I'd post it somewhere... y'know?

Warkaiser
04-08-2013, 07:25 AM
GW2 failed

Sorry, but pretty much anything you have to say became irrelevant after reading this. I dont play anymore myself, but it in no sense of the word failed. You may not personally play or like it, but that doesn't change it's success.

I see you also feel that because you dont enjoy doing something, it magically stops existing, like the content in Defiance. Yet I grew bored with WoW right away because I didnt enjoy the content it offered. So by your own little rules here, where personal opinions and preferences make things stop existing, I just turned WoW into a game with some of the smallest amount of content possible. I enjoy the content in Defiance more. Just for arguments sake, lets say 10x more than WoW. OMFG! Defiance has 10x more content than WoW now! Everyone spread the word!

Logic and understanding the differences between opinions and facts when trying to complain about something. Its a wonderful thing.

Anim
04-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Sorry, but pretty much anything you have to say became irrelevant after reading this. I dont play anymore myself, but it in no sense of the word failed. You may not personally play or like it, but that doesn't change it's success.

I see you also feel that because you dont enjoy doing something, it magically stops existing, like the content in Defiance. Yet I grew bored with WoW right away because I didnt enjoy the content it offered. So by your own little rules here, where personal opinions and preferences make things stop existing, I just turned WoW into a game with some of the smallest amount of content possible. I enjoy the content in Defiance more. Just for arguments sake, lets say 10x more than WoW. OMFG! Defiance has 10x more content than WoW now! Everyone spread the word!

Logic and understanding the differences between opinions and facts when trying to complain about something. Its a wonderful thing.

GW2 was heralded as the MMORPG to change MMORPG's, it failed, real hard.

We can list the content of Defiance, dont worry it's gonna be a short list:

Missions - Theres what, like 20 missions? Great job on depth of content there.
Side Missions - Each side mission is barely even disguised in a new skin, their creative team really dropped the ball here and you run out of missions fast.
Arkfalls - More repetitiveness and this time not even in a new skin each time, with no reward (keys are quicker to get from events).
Co-op instances - Worst instances i've seen in an MMO in a long time, especially as Trion were praised for their instances in Rift.
PvP Instances - Two maps, TWO. One game mode.
'Dynamic' events - Nothing dynamic about them, set on repeat in the same location 24/7, grind them for keys.
Contracts - No way to sink time in to investing reputation, just stuck with one mission per day per faction and one weekly easy quest.

So, the missions and side missions run out fast, the arkfalls are actually pointless to do once you've achieved the pursuits that you want (but killing 10,000 mobs isnt fun in ANYONES mind, we learnt this as MMO players at least 5 years ago). Co-op instances are sub-par compared to every other offering out there. PvP is worse than sub-par. The acclaimed 'dynamic' events are the only thing to grind to get keys for lockboxes for often terrible gear. Contracts had potential but are wholly limited.

In purely time-to-finish terms it seems most other MMO games have many times the content of Defiance. In difficulty most other MMO's give players a good option of what to play, from easy to really hard. Defiance is really fun unlike a lot of other MMO's but the amount of fun you can have is really really limited.

CaptainRaj
04-08-2013, 08:02 AM
What you call moaning is people trying to discuss the shortcomings of the game. Every single online game ever released got better because the player base let the developers know what worked and what didn't. Just because you like everything the way it is doesn't mean the game can't be improved. So please stop the name calling and try to discuss why you think us moaners are wrong.

I understand what you're saying, and you're right.........to an extent. As I've said a couple of times in my post, I'm referring ONLY to those non-constructive arguments. If you were to read around these forums, you'd find people complaining for the sake of complaining. I've read people moaning that Xbox users shouldn't be allowed this game. What has that got to do with anything? People have posted messages that say, and I'm clearly paraphrasing here, "not enough content, rubbish game. I've completed it already and I'm bored." That's in no way helpful. If you've got a complaint about lack of content, try to elaborate more. Mention what was good and what wasn't. How could Trion improve or add content.

I work as a server and network engineer. When people tell me systems are rubbish, it's so unhelpful. When I have someone tell me what is wrong and what they want, I can do something about it.

You can't deny there are so many people that complain for the sake of it. A forum or facebook is the best place to do it...they get their audience that way!

I don't want to get into a discussion or debate on human psychology. My preference is to read a forum where people constructively criticise or help, chat, discuss, joke or comment. I don't want some 10 year old jumping in and complaining that the server engineers "should be sacked" (this was actually a comment on Friday/Saturday).

Senel
04-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Well that was stupid. You realise if people don't complain about a majority of things, the developers would consider them perfectly fine and/ or not even realise that something is broken.

There's a difference between complaining & raging. Complaining can be considered feedback but when you freak out and demand for a refund because the server crashed or something along those lines you're just raging. I believe that OP is referring to those that are raging.

Misto29
04-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I understand what you're saying, and you're right.........to an extent. As I've said a couple of times in my post, I'm referring ONLY to those non-constructive arguments. If you were to read around these forums, you'd find people complaining for the sake of complaining. I've read people moaning that Xbox users shouldn't be allowed this game. What has that got to do with anything? People have posted messages that say, and I'm clearly paraphrasing here, "not enough content, rubbish game. I've completed it already and I'm bored." That's in no way helpful. If you've got a complaint about lack of content, try to elaborate more. Mention what was good and what wasn't. How could Trion improve or add content.

I work as a server and network engineer. When people tell me systems are rubbish, it's so unhelpful. When I have someone tell me what is wrong and what they want, I can do something about it.

You can't deny there are so many people that complain for the sake of it. A forum or facebook is the best place to do it...they get their audience that way!

I don't want to get into a discussion or debate on human psychology. My preference is to read a forum where people constructively criticise or help, chat, discuss, joke or comment. I don't want some 10 year old jumping in and complaining that the server engineers "should be sacked" (this was actually a comment on Friday/Saturday).

Thank YOU!!!! I just felt my IQ raise by two points reading this and yes you are correct people need to post what is working and what is not working what saying the DEVS are morans, why did they do this or that? Yelling and screaming and calling the devs stupid, doesn't help. But letting them know what is wrong and asking them to look into it does help.

And another small fact to point out that when MMO'S first release none of them work the way they should, they all have bugs and server issues. So small piece of advice, don't complain simply let the devs know that such and such is glitching or the server lags with x amount of people. As far as content goes I think people have forgotten this is a new style of MMO attached to a TV show.

There is no need to start sweating and freaking out, just relax and go run what is already in place. Because unless you have no life and a lot of energy drinks and are wearing a huggy so you don't have to get up and go to the bathroom, there is simply no way anyone could have beaten the game in the last six days. And while your running the side missions and what not, take note of what isn't working and give the Devs a heads up. Don't cry and complain, help them to make it better. And please don't say I paid sixty dollars for this, because I paid more then sixty and I knew what I was getting into and I am at least willing to work with the Devs. So hush little ones and let the grown ups take care of business.