PDA

View Full Version : Rare themed Weapons/Armor/Events?

Agent19 XS
02-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Will there be special Sifi related themed type weapons/armor and Events?

Example:
Rare iconic Weapons
-Like a Colonial Rocket Launcher or Side arm from BattleStar Galactica or any other science-fiction show, that you could find or quest for in Defiance.

Themed platform related armor/weapons
-PlayStation3 Defiance themed Helghast armor w/a Killzone assault,sniper,shotgun and Heavy weapon.
-Xbox360 Defiance themed Spartan 3 armor w/a Halo assault,sniper, shotgun and Heavy Weapon.(<Spartan Laser)
-Not sure what would be PC's theme, but this is mostly directed at consoles. Something to get fans of those Sifi games interested in Defiance, who may look the other way, because it is a 3rd-person MMO.

Themed related events
-This relates to holiday special events (St.Patrick's, Halloween, Christmas ect.) and since the game is releasing
in April, (Easter event) where rare Terraformed Rabbits(Jumpers I will call them) dropped rare colorful Easter
eggs, that will have something special inside them. The Jumpers will appear on screen just like rare Arkfall
events. I mean there are mutated/terraformed Earth animals right?

mushinwolf
02-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Im sure there will be ultra-rare stuff to get hold off..maybe from certain events etc..bound to be. Battlestar Galactica gear would be good,and as its a SYFY show it has a good chance of happening if they wanted to go down that route.
As for Halo & Killzone gear?...id say HIGHLY unlikely..but stranger things have happened :)

Nero012
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
I surely hope so!

TR GunPlay
02-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Ahhhh BattleStar Galactica, how I miss you :(

Moosealini
02-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Not to mention that some of the writers/directors, are Battlestar writers/directors. and don't forget that there are also Farscape people working on the series too.

JustinD92
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM
That would be awesome. I do hope the preorder guns are Unique though :/

Agent19 XS
02-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Ahhhh BattleStar Galactica, how I miss you :(

Same here. That show was well done, for a re-make directed at today's TV viewers and fans of the old show.

DJTrig
02-26-2013, 09:50 AM
As a collector i would love to see some really unique stuff to hunt down.I really hope they have plans for holiday events as i loved those in other MMO's.

TR GunPlay
02-26-2013, 09:50 AM
I probably watched it three or four times lol

Agent19 XS
02-26-2013, 09:56 AM
As a collector i would love to see some really unique stuff to hunt down.I really hope they have plans for holiday events as i loved those in other MMO's.

Holiday events are something special, because it really gets loot-hunters/collectors going. Gotta collect them all...lol

Dekar
02-26-2013, 09:58 AM
I would LOVE to see some of this kind of stuff, as long as they are never like, game changing powerful.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 10:01 AM
I would LOVE to see some of this kind of stuff, as long as they are never like, game changing powerful.

I honestly probably wouldn't even realise... I would just be like.. this looks neat. While others are like hey cool he has a *insert weapon name here* Then I would try it out and it would suck so I would sell it at the market. Then someone would mention it in the guild and I would be like. I had that but I sold it in the market and they wouldn't believe me and so they would kick me out for being a lying *something something*...

So no themed weapons.. they will get me booted...

Dekar
02-26-2013, 10:03 AM
I honestly probably wouldn't even realise... I would just be like.. this looks neat. While others are like hey cool he has a *insert weapon name here* Then I would try it out and it would suck so I would sell it at the market. Then someone would mention it in the guild and I would be like. I had that but I sold it in the market and they wouldn't believe me and so they would kick me out for being a lying *something something*...

So no themed weapons.. they will get me booted...

That's a very specific situation. I'm hypothetically sorry for your imaginary loss. :P

DJTrig
02-26-2013, 10:04 AM

Yeah,i'm more about the flash and less about the smash.Just make them viable to use and not useless like some games make the uniques.

StickyChief
02-26-2013, 01:25 PM
I love this idea, not sure if it would work because of copyright issues but a boy can dream.

Vuule
02-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Would love to see some themed/seasonal events.

Doubt they will do something like Kz3 armor, simply because of licensing issues. And if something like this were to happen, they should release it on all platforms. Doubt MS will allow Halo themes on PS3, and Sony Kz3 themes on Xbox for example.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 02:43 PM
That's a very specific situation. I'm hypothetically sorry for your imaginary loss. :P

Thank you, that is very hypothetically or theoritically kind of you. :D

Agent19 XS
02-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Would love to see some themed/seasonal events.

Doubt they will do something like Kz3 armor, simply because of licensing issues. And if something like this were to happen, they should release it on all platforms. Doubt MS will allow Halo themes on PS3, and Sony Kz3 themes on Xbox for example.

Yeah, Halo themes on PS3 and Killzone on Xbox is not going to happen. Sony and Microsoft wont even allow PS3 and Xbox players to play on the same Defiance Servers. Plus since the servers are separated, it wouldn't make much sense to do so anyway, even though it would be cool.

But I would love to find a rare/unique shoulder mounted Plasma gun from Predator or a smart gun from Aliens, that is actually worth collecting/using (No offense GearBox). Speaking of Unique weapons, are there any Sifi Alien Bows in this game? Bows/arrows are very popular in the Modern-age now.

RoadKill
02-26-2013, 06:33 PM
I'd like to use Winona from farscape or dargo's sword plaster thing

A s0t
02-26-2013, 06:36 PM
firefly weapons? yes i want them