Xavier Horovitz
04-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Server error all day erryday.

AddictedNoob
04-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Email them.

EdgeTW
04-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I haven't been able to get through to live chat in days. Always an internal server error. And yet, they keep recommending it as a place to go for problem solving.

Email them.

Yes, email them so you can receive a form letter response 4 days later that has nothing to do with your question/problem.

Gishank
04-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Live chat worked fine for me the other day, it's most likely down to it being overloaded. E-mailing them is your best shot.

Hiten
04-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Have been trying for DAYS to use Live Chat to get my [missing] PSN/PS3 pre-order items. 500 internal server error with I.E., blank page with FF...

...seriously, wtf?

Game has been out for a WEEK, where is my crap? Get your CS department working or issue a friggin' general pre-order code to everyone, I really don't care at this point; I just want my sh*t.

Exes
04-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Have been trying for DAYS to use Live Chat to get my [missing] PSN/PS3 pre-order items. 500 internal server error with I.E., blank page with FF...

...seriously, wtf?

Game has been out for a WEEK, where is my crap? Get your CS department working or issue a friggin' general pre-order code to everyone, I really don't care at this point; I just want my sh*t.

Did you actually enter a pre-order key which should have been in your box? If not you have zero claims to it.

Icewave
04-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Use Internet Explorer (i know, eeek...) - chrome based browsers seem to have an issue with it.

Aaricane
04-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I love how Trion's whole game is broken:)

Hiten
04-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Did you actually enter a pre-order key which should have been in your box? If not you have zero claims to it.

Not trying to sound like a d*ck, but...

Did you not catch the part where I said PSN? Meaining I pre-ordered and downloaded the game digitally from Sony, straight to my PS3, and never received any kind of code from either Sony or Trion regarding bonuses. Which is BS.

Exes
04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Not trying to sound like a d*ck, but...

Did you not catch the part where I said PSN? Meaining I pre-ordered and downloaded the game digitally from Sony, straight to my PS3, and never received any kind of code from either Sony or Trion regarding bonuses. Which is BS.

Then go talk to Sony as they are supposed to flag your account for pre-order/add a key.

Hiten
04-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Use Internet Explorer (i know, eeek...) - chrome based browsers seem to have an issue with it.

Wow, okay, I.E. is all of a sudden working (I'm 42 in the que @ 20 mins), while FF is still just loading a blank page.

...I dare not close I.E. now. And I really hope they get my pre-order items straightened out, a week is a long time to not go without the XP boost, IMO. :P

Hiten
04-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Then go talk to Sony as they are supposed to flag your account for pre-order/add a key.

The last time I called Sony I was promised to be contacted via my PSN email address regarding a purchase (3-5 business days).

That was over 2 weeks ago. I don't think calling Sony is going to help, lol.

Exes
04-08-2013, 01:58 PM
The last time I called Sony I was promised to be contacted via my PSN email address regarding a purchase (3-5 business days).

That was over 2 weeks ago. I don't think calling Sony is going to help, lol.

Well the thing is you bought it from sony so it's their issue. Trion probably could simply give you the pre-order stuff but that would be purely generous and probably wont happen.

JONNY
04-08-2013, 02:02 PM
I sent an email first. Amazingly heard back in just about 24 hours.... Sadly, it was a generic copy and paste job on how they are working to improve the game. So I re-submitted. It has now been 3 days of nothing and Live Chat has been down the whole time. Very convenient. My trade-in value decreases daily as well.

Hiten
04-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Well the thing is you bought it from sony so it's their issue. Trion probably could simply give you the pre-order stuff but that would be purely generous and probably wont happen.

I dunno about that. Trion provides this content, not Sony. No part of the bonus comes from the PSN store, it's downloaded/claimed in-game. Pretty sure Trion should be taking care of this. At least I have more faith in them taking care of it then Sony...

We'll see. #17 in the queue.

Booshy
04-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Not sure what's been going on last few days but today I've used it twice and gotten a rep within 30 minutes. Sending a ticket seems to take days for a response so live chat definitely seems to be the best bet for now, if it works for you.

fishboy11
04-08-2013, 02:06 PM

actually its sony and trions problem, there was an issue with pre-order codes from another company at launch and trion took care of it for people, so trion will probably help him

Hiten
04-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Posted my chat transcript with a GM below (removed names). Huzzah for Trion and good customer service. Boo Sony.

GM Game Master (Listening)
GM Game Master: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Game Master. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.

Hiten: Hi!

Hiten: I pre-ordered Defiance on PS3 (via PSN) back in March - but I am still missing all of the pre-order items. :(

Hiten: I claimed my Ark Hunter codes successfully after linking my console (did this several days ago), but still no pre-order items.

Hiten: I have an open ticket if you would like to reference it:
130407-001822

Hiten: I attached a screenshot of my receipt from Sony in there, too.

GM Game Master: One moment while I look up that ticket.

Hiten: Also, I never received any comminques from Sony or Trion about a "code" to enter or anything.

Hiten: Thanks, no prob, take your time.

GM Game Master: Sorry for the wait this takes some time.

Hiten: It's okay, it's worth it if it get's me my pre-order items - haha!

Hiten: I've waited this long :)

GM Game Master: What retailer did you purchase from?

Hiten: The PlayStation Store

Hiten: Digital Download from Sony

GM Game Master: GO ahead and logout and log back in. You have gotten past the tutorial correct?

Hiten: Yeah, sure have. Give me a minute to re-log.

Hiten: Hmm, it still says 0 items under "Claim." Let me try an entire game reset.

Hiten: Logging back in now

Hiten: Seems that it worked!

Hiten: Even have the XP boost going, awesome. Can you say "best GM ever?" THANKS!

GM Game Master: Thanks!

GM Game Master: May I assist you with anything else today?

Hiten: That was my only issue and you resolved it, so I would say no!

Hiten: I really appreciate it - have yourself a good day.

GM Game Master: Great! Have a good day and thank you for contacting Trion Worlds.

Hiten: :D

EdgeTW
04-08-2013, 04:27 PM

I've been trying with several browsers, including IE, and have received the 500 internal server error all weekend. I have not tried today, however.

Hiten
04-08-2013, 04:33 PM
I've been trying with several browsers, including IE, and have received the 500 internal server error all weekend. I have not tried today, however.

IE worked for me today (FF still borked), so I'd suggest you give it a shot. Make sure you have at least an hour to spare though, took 30m to get into the chat with a GM and took him quite a while to get the content pushed to my account (not sure why).