PDA

View Full Version : Will there be cross play between the ps3 and PC atleast?

nitroz76
02-26-2013, 12:32 PM
I know that micro$oft doesn't want it, so tough luck for 360 players. But I want to be able to have more players on the battlefield and not be confined to the PS3 just to play with my clan.

The PC version is great. But I can't play with my friends on it.

Can we have 1 profile that will go into the PC and PS3 world?
If we can have one that will allow us to continue where we left off (while switching systems), I'll buy this for the PC and PS3.

DocRogers
02-26-2013, 12:35 PM
I asked this question just the other day.

This feature is probably slim to none.

Archangel
02-26-2013, 12:36 PM
They currently dont have any cross platform playing at this time. Could always change in the future as they have said its possible.

But both Sony and Microsoft put the "Axe" to the idea of cross platform gaming.

Now could you create a character on the PS3 or Xbox and move or migrate them to the PC if you decide to play on the PC instead?

That is a worth question to find an answer for.

SweetMadness
02-26-2013, 12:38 PM
I know that micro$oft doesn't want it, so tough luck for 360 players. But I want to be able to have more players on the battlefield and not be confined to the PS3 just to play with my clan.

The PC version is great. But I can't play with my friends on it.

Can we have 1 profile that will go into the PC and PS3 world?
If we can have one that will allow us to continue where we left off (while switching systems), I'll buy this for the PC and PS3.

Seeing as Microsoft is one of the bigger PC software companies, they'd be more likely to cross platform PC and 360 than Sony would. Also-Microsoft originally tried to accomplish cross platforming an MMO, then Huxley got killed.

DocRogers
02-26-2013, 12:38 PM
They currently dont have any cross platform playing at this time. Could always change in the future as they have said its possible.

But both Sony and Microsoft put the "Axe" to the idea of cross platform gaming.

Now could you create a character on the PS3 or Xbox and move or migrate them to the PC if you decide to play on the PC instead?

That is a worth question to find an answer for.

I just want to be able to log into my account and play on any platform. I don't care if it's not cross-platform ya know. Just let me log into my Trion account and play the game on any device. But I don't know if that will ever happen. Maybe one day.

Archangel
02-26-2013, 12:45 PM
I just want to be able to log into my account and play on any platform. I don't care if it's not cross-platform ya know. Just let me log into my Trion account and play the game on any device. But I don't know if that will ever happen. Maybe one day.

Thats the idea people are wanting to know. Can they take their account and use it on other platforms and will their data follow them.

My wife and I play side by side on PC's but when she is tired i would love to be able to go to the bed room and continue to play on the Xbox. If accounts can be played on multiple platforms that would be super cool.

Its something worth asking. In my sig i have a link to a thread which allows us to get some of these questions answered during the live streams on Friday nights (4:30 PST)

You can always post there and we can see about getting it into the stream.

DocRogers
02-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Thats the idea people are wanting to know. Can they take their account and use it on other platforms and will their data follow them.

My wife and I play side by side on PC's but when she is tired i would love to be able to go to the bed room and continue to play on the Xbox. If accounts can be played on multiple platforms that would be super cool.

Its something worth asking. In my sig i have a link to a thread which allows us to get some of these questions answered during the live streams on Friday nights (4:30 PST)

You can always post there and we can see about getting it into the stream.

Right on. Yeeah I hope more people are asking. I'd like to see this feature implemented if it hasn't already been considered. I can't really think of anything that could prevent such a feature from happening. I am sure there are some technical details, but I can't imagine any roadblocks. Maybe if more people start asking for it we might see it added later on or we might get a definitive answer on the matter.

I would certainly buy 3 copies of the game, or more if they are ported to next-gen as well, if this feature is included.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Seeing as Microsoft is one of the bigger PC software companies, they'd be more likely to cross platform PC and 360 than Sony would. Also-Microsoft originally tried to accomplish cross platforming an MMO, then Huxley got killed.

I was so excited for Huxley too.. and then my pc died. lol. Glad I didn't miss anything sorry that you lost out though.

Buruko
02-26-2013, 01:34 PM
While this is possible and Trion has shown that is possible, cross platform play is a definite no at launch. Each platform will be separated into their own set of the 'world'.

As for the future who knows, but since it was definitely a no for Sony and MS as far as cross platform play I would doubt it.

Defy
02-26-2013, 01:43 PM
See relevant article about Cross Play for Borderlands 2:

Gearbox Wanted Cross-Platform Play For Borderlands 2 (http://www.gameshampoo.com/magazine/articles/1010/gearbox-wanted-cross-platform-play-for-borderlands-2.html)

The issue is that even if the publishers/developers want to implement cross play, the first parties (ie Sony/Microsoft) wont let it happen

Pestilence
02-26-2013, 01:44 PM
While this is possible and Trion has shown that is possible, cross platform play is a definite no at launch. Each platform will be separated into their own set of the 'world'.

As for the future who knows, but since it was definitely a no for Sony and MS as far as cross platform play I would doubt it.

This is true, it has already been stated that although they 'could' have done this it will not be a possibility at launch.

JellyBean
02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
short answer no, long term answer... NO

PC players will have a huge advantage with keyboard and mouse than a controller. its a FACT that they will be more precise and will decimate console players. unless one required a controller to play on PC I see no way of really getting past this part.

nitroz76
02-26-2013, 02:06 PM

PC players will have a huge advantage with keyboard and mouse than a controller. its a FACT that they will be more precise and will decimate console players. unless one required a controller to play on PC I see no way of really getting past this part.

Here we go again with the "PC > CONSOLE HURR DURR"

We get it. We don't care. Shut up about it.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 02:08 PM

I wish ps3 version of Defiance would have keyboard and mouse support but I feel its unlikely at best.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Here we go again with the "PC > CONSOLE HURR DURR"

We get it. We don't care. Shut up about it.

Wow... *snap*

DocRogers
02-26-2013, 02:11 PM
I wish ps3 version of Defiance would have keyboard and mouse support but I feel its unlikely at best.

I wish consoles supported keyboard and mouse for games such as this. But that's why the dial was designed. The dial y'all, the dial.

Rokkrwolf
02-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Q: If you played Defiance on the Xbox, can you switch over to PC or PS3 and still have your Stats, Characters, Weapons etc.?

A: No, we will not support cross platform accounts or play. Your character, progression and stats will only be available for the platform your playing on.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Q: If you played Defiance on the Xbox, can you switch over to PC or PS3 and still have your Stats, Characters, Weapons etc.?

A: No, we will not support cross platform accounts or play. Your character, progression and stats will only be available for the platform your playing on.

Crash and Burn... and fizzle.

Vuule
02-26-2013, 02:31 PM
See relevant article about Cross Play for Borderlands 2:

Gearbox Wanted Cross-Platform Play For Borderlands 2 (http://www.gameshampoo.com/magazine/articles/1010/gearbox-wanted-cross-platform-play-for-borderlands-2.html)

The issue is that even if the publishers/developers want to implement cross play, the first parties (ie Sony/Microsoft) wont let it happen

I wonder why Sony won't let it happen with Defiance. They have done it before (Portal 2 comes to mind). They even wanted to do it with CS:GO, which was ditched soon before release if I remember correctly.

Oh this again. Fact? No. There are plenty people who can own a KB/M user with a controller. And even if they have a "huge advantage", why does it matter so much? Yeah, you might get some easier kills in PVP, that's all. And you could always get a KB/M for PS3, if it's supported by the game of course. If not, there are specially made KB/M for consoles that will "translate" the controller buttons to the KB/M.

Nervusbreakdown
02-26-2013, 02:32 PM
if there is to be any cross platform it would be Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Xbox 360.