PDA

View Full Version : Leveling weapons

Gonz0
04-08-2013, 09:11 AM
What does it mean to level a gun up? I see the bar with -/------ in it and I understand that's damage dealt with the gun. Is that supposed to be reset when I reach the damage listed there or does it fill up and that's it?

Krazee DD
04-08-2013, 09:16 AM
SO each weapon levels up. Also, each weapon class levels up.

So when you have maxed the level on your WEAPON, the WEAPON CLASS wont progress anymore.

Basically it encourages you to use different weapons in the same class. Pretty cool.

MagellanD
04-08-2013, 09:20 AM
SO each weapon levels up. Also, each weapon class levels up.

So when you have maxed the level on your WEAPON, the WEAPON CLASS wont progress anymore.

Basically it encourages you to use different weapons in the same class. Pretty cool.

At first I was like...WHY!!! WTF...

But then I thought about it. In many other games there wasn't any mechanic to encourage you to use a different item.

In borderlands 2 once I had my favorite orange weapon I stuck with it. I didn't WANT to find anything else. Lots of weapons just sat on the ground. Then the game just got to a boring grinding state.

This game will take longer to get there as long as I'm after my growth like that.

Well played trion. Well played.

ashytheblackman
04-08-2013, 09:31 AM

But then I thought about it. In many other games there wasn't any mechanic to encourage you to use a different item.

In borderlands 2 once I had my favorite orange weapon I stuck with it. I didn't WANT to find anything else. Lots of weapons just sat on the ground. Then the game just got to a boring grinding state.

This game will take longer to get there as long as I'm after my growth like that.

quoted for truth

GapToothGamer
04-08-2013, 09:39 AM
the weapons on this game are the awesome i have a all purple calls and and basic calls love my semi auto shotgun!!

Krazee DD
04-08-2013, 09:39 AM

If anything it gives me another something to do in game. ha