PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Leveling.

Thedjectivenoun
04-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Anybody figure out how weapons leveling works? I am 593 have a weapon that is 583, the skill bar does not move or anything, granted I did nothing but arkfalls last night but the skill doesn't budge during ark falls, does the weapon level in the world in non-arkfalls or what.

And this is why we are in Dire need of a locked paged called the Beginners Survival Guide to Defiance.

And reputation I forgot as well. I have only to things that are at Familiar, dunno how or what missions are linked to this since the game doesn't tell you what rep was increased it's just a surprise.

fivefatninjas
04-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I believe I read somewhere that if your weapon's xp is full, you do not gain weapon skill for that weapon type. Maybe this is the case for you?

Chief Wreckin
04-08-2013, 11:35 AM
That level of the weapon is what level you were when you picked it up and is the level you or anyone else would have to be to equip it. In ths game you don't level up a particular weapon but the weapon class such as : assault rifle, shotgun, sniper, etc,. To check your weapon class level (xbox controls) Press (start) than press (RB) to cycle over to stats than scrolll down with the right stick to see all your weapon levels plus other levels. Hope this Helps

Ticlet
04-08-2013, 11:53 AM
When you max out the one you are using buy another of the same type and start over for the next level rinse and repeat.

Luke Tangklan
04-08-2013, 12:11 PM
So essentially, if my weapon XP is capped, even if I use it, my weapon type level won't level up because the weapon is maxed? (Weapon, not weapon type).

nateD
04-08-2013, 12:12 PM
So essentially, if my weapon XP is capped, even if I use it, my weapon type level won't level up because the weapon is maxed? (Weapon, not weapon type).

Yes. If your weapons xp bar is full you won't progress in this weapon type skill. You need another weapon with not filled xp bar.

Thedjectivenoun
04-08-2013, 12:18 PM
so my question is does your ego level effect the weapon ego in terms of exp. if I am a 1000 ego and the weapon I have is a 250 weapon, will that weapon and my weapon skill get exp or no.

Gabbro1000
04-08-2013, 12:39 PM
so my question is does your ego level effect the weapon ego in terms of exp. if I am a 1000 ego and the weapon I have is a 250 weapon, will that weapon and my weapon skill get exp or no.

I believe you and the weapon will get the xp. Regardless of ego level difference. As far as I'm aware, your ego level only actually effects PvP matchmaking and perk slots. I could be wrong. But I can't see why having a higher ego rating than your weapon would have any effect on the levelling.

Maybe you can't equip weapons above your ego level would be the only thing. But I honestly wouldn't have a clue, I've never tried.

Mutated Spleen
04-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I also think you can't get weapon XP in arkfalls. I took a totally new unused weapon into like 5 arkfalls the other day. After completing them all (and getting like 2nd - 5th each time in damage and kills), I ended up at 0/856000 (or whatever). Net gain of 0 weapon xp.

Went to a non-arkfall area, killed like 4 hellbugs, and was at about 7000.

Commander Mongo
04-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Toast, I told you how this works! Ill go over it again with out when I get home tonight... lol

Greyworm
04-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Yes. If your weapons xp bar is full you won't progress in this weapon type skill. You need another weapon with not filled xp bar.This is an incredibly stupid system. I've found an excellent burst-fire SMG which I now have to abandon if I want to skill-up my SMG skill?

Seriously?

Sparhawk765
04-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Agree, that does sound pretty stupid.

The cynical side of me can see a point though, since it would encourage more lockbox sales to get other "good" weapon to continue to skill with. More profit. :)

exxcess
04-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Weapon proficiency is meant for your skill increase with a certain weapon, not for one you have heavily modded and invested into with bonus stats unlocked....

it is your ability to be good with the weapon type itself, so keep your decked out weapon until you max out and go back to it, dont expect the game to be so easy.....

For COD players its the same as prestiging